I was worried about staying at this Hotel because of some earlier reviews.Luis Garzon, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza De Armas, told me not to worry.
The Hotel Plaza De Armas is in a great location. It is convenient to all areas of Old San Juan. The Trolley stops a half block away. Taxi cabs are available out front. It is a short walk to Cafeteria Mallorca for breakfast (mallorca con mantequilla) or to church around the corner.
We chose Hotel Plaza De Armas because of price and location. We chose not to have a refrigerator or a balcony. You shouldn't complain if you chose not to get these items and didn't get them for free.
The rooms were pretty basic. They were clean and comfortable enough. The bathroom was clean and there was abundant hot water. Everything appeared to work.
There were no bugs.
The front desk staff was charming and very helpful. They appear to be very honest and hard working people trained in hotel service. They do not perform miracles.
They watched our luggage for us and gave us whatever advice we requested.
There is a restaurant at the front of the hotel.
The elevator is slow and only holds 4 people or 1,200 pounds. We were happy that there was an elevator. Historic hotels don't always have elevators.
If you want more amenities, go somewhere else and pay for them.
Luis Garzon, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza De Armas, was right. He made sure that we didn't have to worry. He was the most charming and helpful person in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Plaza De Armas, located in the colonial district of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Hotel Plaza De Armas is for travelers looking to be in the center of Old San Juan. Hotel Plaza de Armas is a delightfully captivating colonial style hotel in the heart of picturesque Old San Juan, a city as rich in history as it is in culture. The colonial building features its unique and renowned antique elevator true to its history. In every direction you can find world-class shopping, dining and entertainment. Our completely unique location highlights spectacular views of the Plaza De Armas and puts you mere cobblestones away from 16th century Spanish fortresses, fascinating museums and art galleries. The modest standard rooms are windowless, excellent for a good night sleep. Suites overlook the city hall and Plaza de Armas. Hotel Plaza De Armas also offers high-speed Internet access in all common areas of the property. Even though everything is at walking distance, we have a trolley stop right outside our door and a taxi line across from the hotel .We look forward to your stay at Hotel Plaza De Armas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza De Armas
- Howard Johnson San Juan
- Howard Johnson Old San Juan
- San Juan Howard Johnson