We stayed overnight at this hotel after a cruise. Since we arrived so early, they held our suitcases behind the desk while we wandered around Old San Juan, and they were waiting for us in our rooms when returned in the afternoon. The location is great and the service was excellent. The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, and there's free wi-fi in the lobby. We had one of the rooms in front with a balcony. The plus side is having the cute balcony, with a view of the Plaza. The drawback is having street noise - though we really didn't notice it anyway. The air conditioner fan was loud enough to cover it up, but constant enough to not bother me for sleeping. There's a taxi stand across the street, but since we had an early flight, the manager arranged to have a taxi waiting for us at 5:45 am (the driver was already waiting in the lobby when we checked out around 5:30). He also arranged for us to have an early wake-up call at 5am (there's no phone in the room - the wake up "call" was a knock at the door), but it was right on time. There was an alarm clock in the room, but it was nice to have the extra assurance of the wake-up call. It's not fancy, but it was a good value for Old San Juan. We also stayed at Hotel Milano pre-cruise, and I felt that the two hotels were pretty comparable, and would stay again at either one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Plaza De Armas, located in the colonial district of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Hotel Plaza De Armas is for travelers looking to be in the center of Old San Juan. Hotel Plaza de Armas is a delightfully captivating colonial style hotel in the heart of picturesque Old San Juan, a city as rich in history as it is in culture. The colonial building features its unique and renowned antique elevator true to its history. In every direction you can find world-class shopping, dining and entertainment. Our completely unique location highlights spectacular views of the Plaza De Armas and puts you mere cobblestones away from 16th century Spanish fortresses, fascinating museums and art galleries. The modest standard rooms are windowless, excellent for a good night sleep. Suites overlook the city hall and Plaza de Armas. Hotel Plaza De Armas also offers high-speed Internet access in all common areas of the property. Even though everything is at walking distance, we have a trolley stop right outside our door and a taxi line across from the hotel .We look forward to your stay at Hotel Plaza De Armas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza De Armas
- Howard Johnson San Juan
- Howard Johnson Old San Juan
- San Juan Howard Johnson