“Great service”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 16 September 2017

A group of us stayed here last night after our homes were destroyed by hurricane Irma. The manager, Ayneris, was overly helpful and accommodating. She let us stay late, held our 12 pieces of luggage hours after checkout and was very nice. The room was good and the hotel soap and shampoo smells like fruit loops. :) the extra service made this place A++

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank tipseatours
Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 2 September 2017

The hotel itself was great. The shuttle driver was very nice and the hotel was bright and clean. The restaurant was under construction and they had a temporary contractor that was less than professional or delectable.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Booked a room at the last minute for a business trip, and as a Marriott Platinum member who has stayed at a large number of Courtyard's in the past I can honestly say this was by far and away one of the most disappointing stays that I've ever had.

I was upgraded to one of their 'larger guest rooms', it had a bathroom the size of a glorified linen closet and was without a doubt one of the dingiest and thoroughly used (to put it mildly) hotels rooms I've ever slept in. Both the comforter and the sheets had stains, and the carpet had so many stains on it (shudder) that I didn't feel comfortable walking around unless I had socks or shoes on.

I would be stunned if there is a single room in the hotel that looks anything like the pictures on their website. Once you add broken power outlets, such poor lighting that at night I had to use the flashlight on my phone to find anything and the fact that the hotel only has a single elevator serving the entire building, I can't help but feel as though this hotel is a shameful representation of the Marriott brand.

Room Tip: If you have no choice but to stay here, ask for a room with plenty of natural light
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank idk0912
Ayneris A, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear idk0912,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing us for your recent stay. I am terribly sorry to read that your experience at our hotel was not as expected of a Marriott brand and as you deserved. Our continuous goal is to strive for consistent excellence and we fell short of this goal. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve and grow, and they have being shared with the appropriate department.

I hope you will give us another opportunity if your future travels bring you back to Puerto Rico.

At your service,

Ayneris Arzola Sánchez
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Maybe, just maybe, they were all having a bad day, but I have never seen a Marriott staff so unprofessional and unwilling to help. I usually have great experiences at every Marriott hotel I visit, this one left me frustrated and disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank regisv30
CYGMSJUMR, General Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear regisv30,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am deeply saddened and surprised to see you weren't satisfied with our service. I wish I had more information in regards to this behavior from our staff so we can look into this situation more. It's really rare to receive complaints from our guests with all the care and attention that we give to each and every one. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission and top priority.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and concerns as they are important to us. We take every concern as an opportunity to help us improve and grow.

Gracias,

Johanna Garay

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The hotel is a little dated but still within the comfort zone. The area is a little run down, but it is relatively safe to walk around as my family and I did. We ran across a few homeless people around, but they do not bother you or ask for anything. From here, there are a few restaurants that are good. We used Uber from here to Old San Juan for about $5 to $7 each way. During the day, you can walk to the Condado Beach, which is about 1.5 miles away or you can take Uber for about $4 to $6. The hotel has a small desk so you can book tour through GSI. We got in on Saturday and by Sunday, the person was not there until Thursday. The note said that to contact the front desk for information. The front desk gives us their numbers, both were unavailable as we tried to book some tours. Even the hotel staffs tried and leave a message, they didn't call back. So we end up searching online and found another tour company and they provided transportation for about $20 round trip. I was very happy with the people at Kayaking Puerto Rico. I suggest maybe the hotel should provide their customer with Kayaking Puerto Rico as an option for booking tour since GSI is also a third party. Overall, the staffs are very kind and accommodating.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank thomasthanh951
Reviewed 30 July 2017

My friends and I decided to visit to celebrate our 30th birthdays. For two rooms for four nights we paid around $1000. The rooms were clean and well kept. The front desk, Henry, more specifically was very pleasant and helpful the entire time. Magda sits in the front and handles travel and was very fair and helpful. She booked our all day rainforest/beach visit. She was great in helping us find the best deals and helping us learn the most cost efficient travel methods! The breakfast at Comedor (onsite restaurant) was very good though the service was a hit or miss. They serve drinks at the pool which connects to the resultant. Awesome experience!

Room Tip: A few blocks from Conando beach, many food options in walking distance!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 249bernardl
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The location of the hotel was quite good and it's walking distance to the supermarket, restaurants, bars etc. and a short taxi ride away to Old San Juan, Condado and Isla Verde.

The rooms are comfortable but I found the decor of the hotel and rooms to be quite dated and I am used to rooms that are larger in size. The bathroom is also smaller then what I am used to and I did not like the fact that the toilet doesn't have a lid on it.

Customer service in the front lobby was good but the maid unexpectedly came in the early morning to clean my room when I was just out of the shower. Knowing that I am checking out of the room the same day I would think she could wait until I have left the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business