Cervantes
  • Free Internet
S.J. Suites(San Juan)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold san juangave us a mapstreet noisewithin walking distancejunior suitepuerto ricocruise terminalyogurtbring earplugsfree trolleysmall hotelcomfy bedthe hotel stafftaxi standstandard roomawesome locationone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Its not what it looks like in the pictures, the elevator was not working, the 2nd night we had to leave because they had no electricity. They helped us to look for another hotel, but I had to argue with the so that they would pay for the taxi to move. We had to take all our staff thru stairs, 4th floor, no lights. Without any help. We had to pay for the other hotel. I wouldnt go back.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Oceanvagabond1
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Guest,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that our staff is always willing to assist our guests in any of their needs. We are glad to inform you that we took care of our issues with the electricity and they will not occur again. Please, give us the opportunity to serve you again, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We loved our stay here. The room we booked was the king suite and we did not get any disturbance from the outside noise. Great location for those into the nightlife too. We would stay here again. We stayed here before taking a cruise and the location for the departure day was perfect...like walking distance perfect!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Our room was on the front of the building. It had two beautiful double doors leading out to balconies that look out over the street. Unfortunately only useable in the early morning as the hotel looks out over a very ugly four story parking lot and the traffic non stop.
Bathroom was clean and presentable but the steam room was not functioning.
It was very noisy with the late nate bar drunks singing and yelling all night and police cars coming by to pick them up.
Last time I stayed in San Juan I stayed at El Convento which was worth the price. This hotel not so good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jas55_10
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Unfortunately, the night you stayed with us a few drunks made kind of a riot and police had to intervene. Let me tell you that this is not normal. Yes, of curse there is always some noise and drunks at 3am walking past the hotel to return to their homes, but riots and police intervention rarely occurs.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

The hotel's location cannot be beat. BE CAREFUL THAT YOU GET THE ROOM YOU BOOKED. I reserved a King Suite which according to the hotel's website had a KING BED, arched colonial doors opening on to Spanish balconies, a separate seating area. There was a picture of this room on the webpage. When I checked in I was put in a room with a double bed, no balcony, a sofa bed in a windowless room and one tiny window to the right of the bed. I went back down to the front desk as this was clearly not the room I had reserved. They told me at first I was in the correct room. They seemed completely confused when I gave them the description of the room as listed on their own website. I was offered a free drink as compensation but declined and asked only to be placed in the room I had booked and was being charged for. Although they were nice the women working the front desk kept insisting that I was in the right room. In fact, one of them stated to me that no rooms in the hotel had a king bed. I then pulled up their own website on my phone to show them what it said. Finally a manager came and offered to switch rooms. The next room was like a different hotel, it was beautiful with high ceilings a KING BED and was the correct type of suite. The staff at the hotel was very friendly but doesn't seem to have basic knowledge of the hotel.

Yes this hotel is quite noisy due to street activity but that was expected, just bring earplugs. The bed was very comfortable and the bathrooms were nicely done. The rooms do need some minor fixes. Instead of a tv in the bedroom there was a painting placed in front of the wall mount where a tv used to be (there was one in the other room that worked fine) The bathroom had the fittings for a steam shower but it wasn't working. The rain shower was great! With some minor bug fixes and a better trained staff this hotel would be perfect. It's a beautiful building and the room was decorated well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank inchicago1
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting this insightful review. Our staff is always learning and improving so each time we can provide a better experience. We are sorry for the room confusion; however, if you ever decide to come back, it will not happen again.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Cervantes is right in the heart of Old San Juan, steps away from Crisobal Fort, wonderful resturants (including Panza right down stairs), and all of the jewelry and gift shops. The rooms are somewhat small but beautifully appointed in contemporary style, with a total marble bath. The staff was wonderful, as was the Puerto Rican Coffee each morning - but don't be surprised with a total bread and sweets breakfast, that is very PR. We had a balcony room which was lovely for fresh air, but not so much for the noise. Not a bad stay for a couple of days to see Old San Juan before venturing out to a resort. We got a special through Bookings.com.

Room Tip: Taxis from airport wil get you here for about $12 per person. Or $24 for the couple.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple