“Tasty cupcakes!”

Vanilla Bean Cupcakery
Ranked #6 of 8 Bakeries in San Juan
Reviewed May 26, 2016

The staff told us what cupcakes were which, and they answered any questions we had about the flavors. To be honest, it was hard to choose because they all looked and sounded so good!

I went with the nutella cupcake and my boyfriend went with the salted caramel. Nom! We both liked ours and the small sample we had of each others.

They have filling in the center and the frosting/toppings were on point. Give this small place a try! There is seating inside, and it's also in a nice area that isn't so touristy.

PS we had these as our late breakfast between 10-11 AM. Cake for breakfast ;) and then we went to a restaurant for something heartier.

Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

Even though the place is nice and cozy, service isn't good and there's no ambience. They should put some music and be more 'friendly'.
It's overpriced, still cupcakes are delicious.
Better to buy take-away

2  Thank Petisco
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

Super expensive cupcakes. You'd think they are organic. Attendants have an "attitude" resulting in bad service

Reviewed February 22, 2016 via mobile

Because I like Vanilla Bean cupcakes so much, I went to buy one of their cakes for a friend's bday. I called ahead of time to make sure they were open and found out they closed at 6pm. I arrived at 6:01pm and they had already closed. The employee at the register ignored my presence as I knocked on their door. I will not be a returning customer.

2  Thank NatachaSuaPR
Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

I visited three cupcakes places in the area in a Saturday to prepare for a long weekend. Other 2: Little cupcake shop and Heavenly cupcakes.
First, the pros: very nice neighborhood. The red velvet cake and frosting tasted good, as red velvet should taste. The carrot cake was good, usual carrot cake flavor, not amazing, but not bad.

The cons: the price ($2-2.25 for almost small cupcakes). Of all three places, this ones got dry and hard the next day, <24 hours in air conditioning.
The Nutella cupcake is plain vanilla flavor cake (not chocolate as expected) filled with Nutella.
The lemon, guava and caramel cupcakes, again the same, vanilla flavor cake filled with lemon curd in one, guava jam and caramel in the others.
In the end I got four vanilla cupcakes filled with different options, which could be okay if this cupcake tasted well, but it didn't.
The frosting in all four was also the same, plain whipped eggs whites and sugar.
On the first picture, these cupcakes are as the middle one, on the second picture they are in the bottom left corner.