7,969 results
All reviews suite tower felix perez ocean view lobby bar new tower la concha renaissance adult pool sliders main pool beautiful resort chairs and umbrellas great beach concierge desk resort fee fitness center condado area solera
Reviewed February 21, 2018

I am still at the hotel. Arrived yesterday 2/20 and have been vacationing to PR for 20 years plus. I wanted to make sure my dollars were spent here to support the PR system. These people at the resorts are hard working, kind and want to earn a great living for themselves and their family.

So far I have Raymond the Supervisor at that Casino del Mar to make me feel welcome along with dealers Kevin Vera and Carlos Garcia to add to the charm of La Concha. Regalios was great on waiting on us too. Very attentive.

We are staying in the Tower Suites which are very nice. Ocean view. My boys 17/15 are in the other tower which is a bit dated but they think its fine. Beach is well manicured and clean. Hotel lobby is modern and every night something going on. Last night was Sushi 2 for 1. Was great.

Please come down and support PR.!!

Room Tip: Stays in the Tower Suites. Up to date and Ocean views.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Thomas P
Mike R, Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

It is truly our pleasure welcoming and serving you at La Concha Renaissance Resort, and as we strive to provide each guest with a hotel experience second to none, we want to thank you for taking the time to let us know we achieved our mission. Please, contact me to the email provided below, should you need anything from me or our team during the rest of your stay with us. For new reservations and the best available rate for your next stay with us, you can contact us directly by calling 1-866-888-1958.

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

I am pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It's not my usual spot in San Juan but enjoyable nonetheless. The service is very good. The gratitude for the return of visitors to Puerto Rico is evident from the staff here. At the pool, we were served by Carlos Alvarez who was exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Thank you to all the staff at La Concha for a nice vacation.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Diane714

Just like you describe in your review, La Concha Renaissance Resort's team members will go above and beyond to provide our guests with a memorable and flawless hotel experience that not only meets, but exceeds their expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. For new reservations and the best available rate for your next stay with us, you can contact us directly by calling 1-866-888-1958.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

The LaConcha is a great hotel! The location is central to the beach, downtown, airport, and tourist locations like Old San Juan and Ocean Lab Brewery. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and always willing to help. Our maid, Larisa deJesus was exceptional! She was very attentive to any need we had and we fully enjoyed the towel figure surprises she left regularly in the room.

Room Tip: ask for beachside with balcony
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Erin R

The time taken to write your valuable review is truly appreciated. We are delighted to read that the service and dedicated hospitality of our team member Larisa was one of your stay highlights. Thank you for giving us the pleasure of serving you. For new reservations and the best available rate for your next stay with us, you can contact us directly by calling 1-866-888-1958.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

So this review is based on not factoring in the expense of the hotel. Keep in mind this hotel is not cheap. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is not without it's quirks but overall the good far outweigh the negatives. The location is fantastic. Not only is it right on the beach but the neighborhood is safe and has many, good restaurants at all price points.

The beach is rough. Normally I really enjoy being in the waves but the current was crazy strong most days I was there. The first days we saw two water rescues in the first 10 minutes of being at the beach. To be fair, those were also the only two rescues I saw in a week. Perhaps it was the February weather but the wind was also really strong (20-30mph) each day. We were able to find shelter at the main pool which is sheltered by the hotel building. The other two pools are ocean side however they were in the shade most of the day. The beach however always had some sun.

The staff are all professional with good attitudes and willing to help. I could tell they all cared about the guests and took their jobs seriously. I did not have any encounters with the staff that were memorable however. I was never greeted when I walked past staff coming into the hotel. I know it is tough to tell who is a guest and who is there for the lounge but I was there for an entire week and never greeted. Many Marriott properties would greet me and know my name in less than a week. A very minor point but one I thought worth noting.

The waterfront room truly is waterfront. The views are amazing. The noise level at the hotel was much better than I thought it would be. The Saturday night parties go until about 3:00 am but I did not hear them once both interior doors were shut in the room. The room was also larger than I expected. There was a king size bed and a couch. There is a sliding glass door that opened allowing for a great view of the beach, ocean and a pool.

The one quirk of the hotel that stands out is that the access to the pools and beach is odd. First off the layout is not logical and it took a while to find out how to get to the beach since there was no signage and no maps of the property. To get the beach & pools you have to walk right past one restaurant's tables and a dress to impress lounge. Then after making your way past those two you have to walk right through another restaurant. It was a bit odd walking though so many restaurants in my beach clothing.

Bottom line, I really enjoyed my stay and I would strongly consider staying here again. If you are staying in the San Juan area I would recommend staying at La Concha.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Baxman
Mike R, Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Thank you for providing us with such insightful feedback in your valuable review. It is feedback like yours that allows to revise in what ways we can make our guests' experience even more memorable. We would like take this opportunity to apologize if our team members didn't leave a memorable impression on your stay. La Concha team members go above and beyond to provide our guests with a hotel visit second to none, and we are sorry to read this was not the experience you had.

We hope that should your future travels bring you back to the San Juan area, you will choose our resort, so we can better deliver upon the details we didn't excel at in this recent visit. Thank you for choosing La Concha Renaissance resort as your hotel destination, and for sharing with us your overall enjoyable stay. For room reservations and the best available rate for your next stay with us, you can contact us directly by calling 1-866-888-1958.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

Very nice hotel. Easy to get to / from airport and cruise harbor. Registration is easy, lots of reps to help you. Bell service quick and friendly, The room was big, airy and had a spectacular view of their pool and beach. Large, roomy bathroom -- which is great after a cruise.

The pool is a must. Big, lots of chairs, and beautifully maintained, You can see the ocean from the pool, the atmosphere is fun and luxurious. The beach is perfect for relaxing on a lounge chair, towel or walking. Food and drinks available poolside.

There are several great restaurants, buffet, snacks and a sushi bar which I loved. Excellent, fresh delicious sushi.

Only heads up are the dance / disco parties on Saturday night. Very noisy and doesn't stop until 2am. Bring ear plugs. Other than that, it was a fantastic stay. I would go back.

Room Tip: Request Ocean View. Upper floors, Bring earplugs for Saturday night disco party.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnieOlson

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your flawless hotel experience at La Concha Renaissance Resort. We are very glad to read you enjoyed all our hotel amenities and team members' service and hospitality. We hope that should your future travels bring you back to the San Juan area, you will choose our resort for another enjoyable visit. For new reservations and the best available rate for your next stay with us, you can contact us directly by calling 1-866-888-1958.