“Ceviche galore ”

Mistura Bistro Bar
Ranked #296 of 1,140 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed January 23, 2016 via mobile

Never had so much ceviché in my life at an affordable price! The foodwas incredible we order an appetizer that brought a ceviche cocktail, sweet potato and calamari. For my main course I had more ceviche with the sweet potato and tostones and it was simply Amazing! My boyfriend had a seafood stir fry it was delicious as well. Definately recommend this place to people and also their desserts!

Reviewed January 16, 2016 via mobile

Last night my boyfriend and I wanted to go to a new restaurant for dinner. We were craving meat but at the same time, something fresh and light. At first, we had thought about going to an Argentinian Rest but on the way, Mistura's sign and twinkling lights caught our eye.
The space is small but in a good way, it's cozy and clean. The waitresses were very attentive and gave educated remarks about items on the menu when asked. They came a number of times to the table to check if everything was ok or if we needed anything else. We started with "Chicharrones de Pescado" (fried fish nuggets) served with an amazing creamy green spicy sauce (we ordered a few refills of this sauce and they were more than happy to bring it to us). Fried to perfection, light batter but crunchy and fish was juicy and not dry at all; dish comes with a small amount of a pickled onion salsa which was really good.
We then ordered a Fish Ceviche. The large platter comes with a side dish, for which we opted to order Tostones (green fried plantain) and it was DELICIOUS!! Super fresh, savory, and tangy!! My favorite of the night!
Then, we ordered Arroz Chaufa (Peruvian version of Chinese Fried Rice) which we had made with Churrasco (flank steak, I think!) and it was also really good! Dish was flavorful and the rice was fluffy and light. My boyfriend had a Pisco Sour drink which he enjoyed but complained it was a little too sour for his taste, I myself had water.
Service was quick and the food felt really fresh. The bill, considering we ordered three dishes and a drink, came up to approx $56.00 (including taxes but not tip) which we thought was reasonable considering we could barely move after eating so much!!
All and all a surprising yet satisfying dinner experience we are sure to repeat!

Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

The quality of the food is great and the attention, as a matter of fact I'm going back again tonight, for a special celebration, lol, totally recommend it.

Reviewed December 17, 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is partially owned by one of the owners of Ceviche House, which is a guarantee of good food. Have returned 4 times and it keeps getting better. Great Pisco Sours, tasty Ceviche, superb Lomo Saltado (for some unfantamouble reason called something else) and great deserts. A nice modern ambiance is accented by a decor of the ancient Nazca lines. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 9, 2015 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat on a Friday night and the place caught our attention. We like the ambiance and the excellent service. We recommend it.