“Great Atmosphere”
Review of Princesa Gastrobar

Princesa Gastrobar
Ranked #25 of 1,148 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Description: Our Gastronomy Dates back to the 1850's At Princesa we've rescued the 1859 cookbook El cocinero puertorriqueño (The Puertorrican Cook). It contains details about 19th century Puertorrican culinary culture and its influences from Africa, Spain, the native Taínos and other Caribbean islands. Since the book was missing some parts related to the ingredients, our kitchen staff has worked to reconstruct its recipes using all of the available information. For the most part we have kept to the ingredients from the original recipes. We invite you to taste and learn about the best of our culinary culture.
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

After a long day this place was nice to have a bite to eat listen to live band and relax. Food was good bacalitos are a must try! Only issue was bathroom was temp closed. Loved the outdoor seating.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

I reached out to some family here in PR and asked what restaurants do you recommend. He stated Princesa Gastrobar. If you want great food and even better island atmosphere, this is the place. The food is amazing. I will say that the food took a little longer than I expected, HOWEVER, so worth the wait. Sr the pictures. From the place, to the atmosphere down to the presentation of the food: A1. This place is a hidden gem with in the island. The coffee/latte simply amazing! You want good food come here.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Magical, amazing, beautiful, delicious and sooooo much more. More than words can explain. This special place is only appreciated by a visit. The dinner was great. The cocktails amazing and desert out of this world. I return is quarantined!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Delicious and interesting cuisine at Princesa. From the appetizers (we actually ordered seconds) to the dessert, everything was amazing. Plus, the best drinks we had during our visit to San Juan. All in a delightfully hidden patio complete with live music. Two of us could not decide what to order so we let our waiter choose for us, and he chose well!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

My husband and I had our 10th anniversary dinner here. We had the lamb meatballs as an appetizer and they were excellent. We both had the skirt steak with tuber mash and broccolini for dinner. The steak and broccolini were very good and the mango chimmichurri sauce was excellent. The tuber mash was not to my liking. It was a mash of yuca, batata (sweet potato), and soursop. I think the soursop was the taste that I didn't like in the mash. For dessert we both got the creme brulee de lavanda. I was nervous about having lavender in my dessert. I had nothing to worry about, because the creme brulee was unbelievably good. It was unlike any I had ever had. The crispy part was a bowl rather than the top. There were thin pecans melted into the carmelized sugar and lavender. The pudding-like part was in the bowl topped with berries. I would go to that restaurant just to get that creme brulee.