Casa de Tortuga(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$100
Trade Winds Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)
US$125
  • Beachfront
Acacia Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
US$65
SeaGate Hotel(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
US$167
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)(Great Value!)
US$153
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Villa Coral Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
Hix Island House(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Tropical Guest House(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyogurtbeach chairsperfect locationplace to staycontinental breakfastwithin walking distancebars and restaurantsperfect hostsnice breakfastthe main stripa wonderful staysun baymini fridgepuerto ricosmall hotelour entire stayblue beach
Reviewed August 7, 2015 via mobile

Malecon house exceeded our expectations and we want to thank everyone at Malecon House for a memorable stay. You were all very helpful and went out of your way to add to our enjoyment.

We especially appreciated the extras such as the quality beach chairs, umbrella and coolers. There are additional supplies such as Noodles, snorkels, and other sports equipment available for guests.

The property is beautiful and the rooms finished nicely. The pool was a great addition.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glen H
ViequesPom, Manager at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2015

You are very welcome Glen! I hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2015

This place was amazing, the room, the location, the breakfast! :) The only problem I had was the wifi in the room. It was almost non-existent but I did not mind it so much. Vieques is the kind of place you want to completely get off the grid at :)

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
ViequesPom, Manager at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

Hi Rtia!
I’m glad you enjoyed your time with us. Aren’t the scones at breakfast fantastic? It’s nice to see your positive comment about being off the grid in Vieques, it’s a great place to unplug…however people do like to check their email and keep in touch of course so we do offer the complimentary hi-speed wi-fi but it’s only directed to the public areas like the pool, the chaise lounges, the outdoor tables and seating areas. I apologize if we didn’t refresh that upon check-in I’ll make sure to touch base with everyone to remind them to mention it in our welcome tour.

Come back soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2015

We have only just left and can't say enough on how great, clean and wonderful this place is. Only made even better by the attention to detail and customer service of it's owners. Robin was such a great help through out our trip. We had some special needs and limitations and he was able to help us out and recommend places that would work for our party.

Our room was great and the bed very comfortable, bathroom had plenty of room and hot water and pressure was very good. They seem to have everything that you might need when something comes up.

They are close to everything and overall can not find fault - even the house dog is great!

Would highly advise Malecon House if you are coming to Vieques!!

Room Tip: Loved the top evel room with a great view of ocean -
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Diana C
ViequesPom, Manager at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Thanks so much for letting us know you had a good stay. I'm glad Robin's suggestions were helpful to your needs, he certainly cares a lot about his guests and it shows. I hope you have an opportunity to come back and enjoy our beautiful island once more .

Reviewed July 22, 2015

This lodge is nothing more than a bed and breakfast. I stayed with my wife in the Lindo room. Because of being just almost across the hallway from the office there is somewhat of an issue with privacy when you open the door to the room. It is was very quiet during our stay likely because it was in their low season.

The room was clean and sparsely furnished with the walls completely bare. There is a futon in the room with a kaki colored futon cover that looked soiled. I would not have slept on it. Luckily, it was just my wife and I. The bed was quite comfortable and the rest of the furniture were nice.

The bathroom was clean but had absolutely no countertop space where to put your stuff like toothbrush, comb, hair gel, etc. Please see picture so that you could see for yourself. A little countertop space would make the use of this bathroom more comfortable for guest. The towel bar is clear at the opposite end of the shower stall next to the toilet. There is just a mere towel hook next to the shower stall which isn’t enough. So, when you get out of shower just one hook for towel, bathrobe, etc.

The breakfast was a nothing to get excited about. Two to three of cereals and 2-3 types of fruits. No bagels or some type of bread. A couple of types of dried up skimpy muffins. The bed an breakfast does say they will provide continental breakfast but they could provide something more.

The front desk employees were very nice. The young lady during the day, when she found out that I was wanting to rent a vehicle last minute offered, did call and found me a vehicle. That was very nice of her.

The owner is a Brit who initially seemed very polite but the next day kept eave dropping on my conversation with my wife during breakfast and made condescending comments that frankly, were none of his business. I was pretty stunned at his boldness and impoliteness. Definitely not very classy!

Overall, the place was clean and bed comfortable but for the price, I would expect more. The bathroom could be made more comfortable by just simply placing some type of cabinet with a countertop. Then, there was the unsolicited comments of the owner who can’t keep his opinions to himself. Bottom line, I would not recommend to stay there for that price. I hope this helps. There are other options in the island. If you stay there, though, you know what to expect and keep a watch on the eaves dropping owner!

Room Tip: Don't get Lindo room because location may compromise your privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank orlandobunch
ViequesPom, Owner at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Thank you for your review- I feel humbled and sincerely sorry that your visit to Malecon House was not as you would have preferred. You point out correctly that we are a B&B and it should be noted that we do not advertise ourselves as a lodge- indeed, I do not believe we have ever been described as such, especially by ourselves. However, we do provide services and accommodations well above the average B&B and our other reviewers attest to this. If I offended you with my morning British bonhomie, I apologize: eating breakfast on our terrace is usually a time when guests and staff can review the previous day’s activities and plan the next. The majority of our guests comment on how pleasurable this is and really enjoy meeting everyone. Marsha was away on distressing family business and in her absence perhaps I overcompensated on the conversation and under-compensated whilst baking the muffins. All is back to normal now thank goodness.
Thank you for commenting on the concierge services our staff provide- they do try very hard to help all of our guests and I am embarrassed that I let the team down. We hope you will give us another try and we can welcome you back to Malecon House on a future visit to Vieques. I promise to stay in the background and let our wonderful local staff make you comfortable.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

My wife and I spent 4 days in Vieques and would absolutely return to Malecon House. It is a very clean, well maintained property. We had one of the front rooms with a view of the water. It was great to sit on the balcony and enjoy a drink at the end of the day. The staff and owner were very pleasant and helpful. We really liked the location in Esperanza. It is definitely at the quieter end of the main street. They also provide many of the things you may need for a day at the beach, including chairs, towels, and coolers.
Definitely consider it when you are in Vieques.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple