Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
US$167
Casa de Tortuga(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$120
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
US$163
SeaGate Hotel(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
US$91
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Breakfast included
Acacia Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
US$112
Tropical Guest House(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$80
Hotels.com
Villa Coral Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Trade Winds Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)
  • Beachfront
W Vieques Island(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe property managerblack sandbio baybbq grilltylerporchparadiseesperanzabeachesviequescompound
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I purchased a 5 night stay at Oreanda essentially sight unseen at a local charity event. I had never been to Puerto Rico or heard of the island of Viequez. I decided to buy the trip on a whim to give my wife and me a little break from the kids. Boy did it work out! What an amazing trip. First off, I emailed the owner Stephanie to claim my prize and she was extremely helpful. She sent me a ton of great info to make sure we were ready for our trip which was super helpful.

When we arrived, the property manager, Tyler picked us up at the airport. Tyler is really a great guy who was was extremely helpful and gave us the lay of the land, restaurants to eat at, best beaches, etc. The room was nice. It was clean. there is a kitchenette and a grill by the pool, so you are equipped to make some basic meals if you choose. We basically ate out every meal except breakfast which was what we were looking for on this trip. The location of Oreana is excellent. It is very close to Esparanza which is a small beachfront strip of restaurants and some small shops.

The only areas that could use some improvement for me are the pillows and it would be really nice to have some sort of minimal fitness center to grab a quick workout. Other than that, it was perfect.

Recommendations: Definitely rent a jeep. You are going to want a car of some sort to get around, but you NEED a 4WD vehicle to get to all but the most accessible beaches. I'm sure it is somewhat dependent on the time of year, but you might want to bring some earplugs. The tree frogs are insanely loud. Its a pretty sound, but they can be unbelievably loud. For dining, Duffy's is always a good place. You will quickly run out of options if you stay for any length of time and you will most likely find yourself here for several meals. El Quenepo is by far the best food we encountered on the island (another recommendation from Tyler). It offers an island version of fine dining and it's really good. Tin Box is also a really cool restaurant to check out. Lastly, I would recommend really exploring all of the beaches. It can be a real adventure to get to some of them but it's totally worth it.

We will absolutely go back to Viequez and we will stay art Oreanda when we do.

Room Tip: Bring some earplugs - the tree frogs can be insanely loud at night
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aaron P
Reviewed June 10, 2014

One of the most breathtaking places I've ever visited, hands down. Oreanda is the ideal place to calm home base when exploring all the wonders of Vieques. It's exceptional private - you literally cannot see another building from the property, and the view is EXPANSIVE. The pool area is ideal for chilling, and a little adventure through the forest will drop you on one of the most serene beaches in Vieques (and that's a competitive category). The owners are professional, responsive and they take excellent care of the place. I can't imagine doing any better than Oreanda.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank joewiese1106
Reviewed April 28, 2014

What more is there to say beyond what has already been written? I guess I can simply verify that there are plenty of reasons this property is rated so highly.

The property itself is amazing. With its crystal blue pool overlooking a lush ravine and forever views to the ocean (even nicer than the pictures indicate), we spent a good deal of time just lounging and relaxing in between our other island activities. The location, for those who prefer a some space away from the noise and activity of the towns, is perfect. However, the five minute drive to Esperanza as also great in the event you forget to pick something up on your way 'home.'

Our casita (Verde) was clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the shower offered nearly instant hot water and great water pressure (a big plus if you've ever had a place where you get just a trickle). While it would have been a luxury to have A/C for a couple of really humid nights, the fans (of which I think there are six) allowed for a comfortable sleeping temperature - even in late April.

I won't offer too much effusive praise of Tyler (the property manager) lest he get a big head or something, but, in all honesty, he was really instrumental in making our trip extra special. Aside from giving us some dead-on recommendations for dining, beaches, and activities, he made sure we had everything we needed during our stay.

One last note: Oreanda is what you make of it, but don't confuse it with the W or some other "resort" experience. For our taste, that's much, much better and everything a vacation rental should be - that is, simply an unpretentious home away from home that gives you the perfect chance to unwind and take in island life on your own time.

We hope to return to Vieques in the very near future. When we do, we will certainly plan to stay at Oreanda.

Room Tip: Casita Verde is closer to the driveway and pool than Azul, but is a bit smaller and does not have an outdoor shower. Take advantage of the deck and outdoor kitchen. The night sounds of the jungle are pretty loud at first. Don't worry. It won't take long 'til you don't even notice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Motorsilver
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at Oreanda for 5 nights and our only regrets are that we didn't stay longer!

First off: Tyler is THE MAN. He walked us through where to go and what to see on the island over beers by the pool and it was more like we were having a conversation with an old friend than a property manager. Awesome guy and definitely a huge highlight to the trip since it was our first time to Vieques and he gave us some great recommendations.

The grounds are beautiful and overlook beautiful forest and the ocean. Just sitting by the pool, soaking in the sun and listening to nature was one of the most relaxing ways to start and end our day. We stayed in Casita Verde which was perfect for what we needed! Very clean. The location is is ideal - situated just a mile outside of Esperanza (great waterfront area full of restaurants and shops) and a quick drive to the most beautiful beaches on the island. My husband and I braved the heat and wild horses and went for a run around the area which was fun, but challenging on the narrow and steep roads.

Only con I would report is that the bed was not the most comfortable, but we also were so relaxed and enjoying ourselves so much that we really did not care! To me the amazing view, great lengths that Tyler goes to insure you have a great trip and the beauty of the island far outweigh this con.

We will certainly be back, next time with a group of friends and rent out the entire property! Book it now!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swimmykimy
Reviewed April 14, 2014

You really can't ask for more. After a night storming the fort in Old San Juan, we hopped on a ten seat Cessna to fly to Vieques. Tyler, a charming Texan ex-pat, picked us up at the airport. Driving the narrow horse pocked roads with his great humor and local knowledge, we instantly knew this would be an extraordinary trip. The main house (our rental) was comfortable with tasteful decor, however, you don't come here to stay inside. We spent much of our time lounging by the pool, looking out over the "backyard" - a stretch of rainforest interrupted only by the beach. Most evenings ended in grilling and shooting stars. During the day, we searched the (not) far corners of the island for our perfect beach. My personal favorite was Playuela. Then, after a hard day of beaching, we'd quench our thirst with a Parcharita at Duffy's on the Malecon.

The only thing we regret is not bringing more company to fill out the casitas. A mistake we certainly won't make again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends