“Perfect Vacation”
other travellers have booked this property
Casa Ladera - The Casita is the small blue house at left
Aerial drone shot of Casa Ladera property Casa Ladera - The Casita is the small blue house at left
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Aerial drone shot of Casa Ladera property
Private roof deck
One of the two bedrooms with queen bed
One of the two bedrooms with queen bed
Full modern kitchen with stainless appliances
Bathroom with spacious shower
Air-conditioned living room/dining room
A short walk to the pool
Our beautiful 20x40-foot pool
Pool bar with grills, dining table, fridge, sink & half-bath
Our beautiful 20x40-foot pool
Nighttime at the pool
Casa Ladera Property Layout
The Casa Ladera pool at sunset
The beach that's a one-minute walk from Casa Ladera
A friendly horse on the pathway to the beach near Casa Ladera
Friendly visitors at Casa Ladera
Horses enjoy the view on the way to Green Beach
Four huge mango trees provide shade and delicious fruit!
Lots of grassy space around the property
Flowers are everywhere at Casa Ladera
Blue Beach, a 10-15 minute drive from Casa Ladera
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

denver
“Perfect Vacation”
Reviewed November 28, 2007 for a stay in June 2007
person found this review helpful

We stayed in a wonderful apartment on Vieques, PR - "Casa Ladera" - when we went in June for a friend's wedding. We had been to Vieques before and were charmed to discover Casa Ladera. The owners were warmly and genuinely accommodating, there is a large, private pool, barbecue area near pool, gated yard, a view of the ocean, huge apartment, wi-fi, dish TV - there are three apartments for rent, one is a
darling 'casita'. [--] . We could walk a few steps to a beach, or, of course, drive to any number of absolutely beautiful beaches. We highly recommend Vieques generally, but Casa Ladera was a very special find.

Location Cleanliness
Liked best: Home-like, with all the amenities, POOL outside the front porch, view/access to beach
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 50-64
bikingjud...
bikingjudi
“Heaven on Earth...with waves”
Reviewed March 15, 2007 for a stay in March 2007
people found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I stayed at Casa Ladera with another couple, in the casita. We arrived in Vieques and were picked up by Jen, who helped us track down a missing piece of luggage before taking us back to the house.

I had spent time on the website and thought I knew what I was getting, but I was still pleasantly surprised when I got there, the reality exceeded my office daydreams.

The casita is tucked into the property, surrounded by palm trees and flowering plants. It feels tropical and secret. We had a lime tree just outside our door, coconut palms and bouganvilla, a rooftop deck that was perfect for that first cup of coffee in the morning.

Inside the casita, with terra cotta tiles throughout and warm carribean colors on the walls, wonderful wooden and wicker furniture make you feel comfortable. The kitchen is not just an attempt, it's the real deal. Full size refrigerator and freezer, dishwasher, stove, microwave, and a full set of plates, silverware, cooking utensils and new outdoor grills complete the set up. And let's not forget the required blender for pina coladas!

Towels (and yes, even robes) are provided for you. The washer and dryer outside the door are an extra bonus, in my opinion.

Casa Ladera is set in a residential neighborhood, one house away from the beach. The beach is a good starting point on your first day, with a little snorkeling and a little beach combing. Yes, you can swim here, but there are other beaches that are more spectacular, and a LOT of them, so try a different one every day. The beaches on Vieques are amazing and you will want to visit them all. Jen and Lauren can tell you what ones will be best depending on what you want: snorkeling, sunning, beachcombing, etc.

We rented a car from Jen and Lauren, it was so convenient and perfect for what we were using it for, as it was an SUV. Some of hte best beaches are at the end of long dirt roads, you do not want to be making that trip in a rented Corolla.

The pool area is pretty, and very well kept. We were given Jen and Lauren's phone numbers when we got there, and saw one or both of them on the property every day. Had there been a problem, they were immediately accessible.

There are several markets in town, and we found that you can basically get anything you want. There is really not much in the way of "tourist" souvenirs...because this hidden jewel is not yet Americanized. You will feel the local flavor everywhere you go, so embrace it! This island, and Casa Ladera, are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity....at least till next year!

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: having a full house to stay in
Visit was for: Hobbies / interest / culture
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-49
Lizzabeth
Arlington, Va
“We're So Going Back!”
Reviewed March 4, 2007 for a stay in March 2007
person found this review helpful

A friend who was marrying in Vieques booked our stay at Casa Ladera, having toured the property a year ago. Not knowing much about the property or the island before going in, I can now say that Vieques -- and especially Casa Ladera -- rates as one of my best vacations ever.

My husband and I and a friend rented the Cassita for a week and were absolutely enchanted by its layout, fully-loaded kitchen (complete with dishwasher and full-size fridge) and washer/dryer just outside the door. In addition, ceiling fans in every room and louvered windows kept the temperature perfect indoors 24-hours a day (though if we'd been warm, we could've opted to close the windows and use the A/C).

From the terra cotta tiling, to the private roof deck to the provided bathrobes and linens, owners Jen and Lauren seem to have thought of everything. Add to that a setting on a quiet residential street just a minute's walk from the beach and a large pool/patio area with two brand-new gas grills, a fridge and outdoor bathroom and you have no reason to leave the property (though you'll want to to check out all the island has to offer in the way of beaches and sights).

As vegetarians, my husband and I loved having a full kitchen and there's actually a natural foods store just a couple of minutes' drive away that stocks vegetarian friendly foods -- from flax seed to Amy's veggie burgers.

Casa Ladera is a first rate place to stay. It's clean, cheerful, well-decorated and you can tell that the owners take pains to keep the property in tip-top shape and are constantly making improvements. Still, the vibe is the best thing about the place. The owners are friendly, flexible and reachable 24/7, have rental cars available for guests, have encyclopedic knowledge of the island and the property even comes complete with a dog (shout out to El Capitan!), for pet owners who may be missing four-legged family members.

We can't wait to go back.

miisla
NY
“home away from home”
Reviewed July 20, 2006 for a stay in July 2006
people found this review helpful

My husband, 2 year old son and I just came back from staying at Casa Ladera. The minute we enter their property I felt relaxed and at ease. Everything you need for a vacation is there. A/C, pool, washer and dryer and mangos (tons of them) dropping from the trees. Jen and Lauren were way beyond helpful, the place was organized enough that we really didn't need them. The house is set up in the right spot, food, beaches and the airport were close by. We did not feel that there was a theft problem at all, we even left clothing out side to dry.

If you want to mingle and be surround by tons of people go to a hotel, if you want a vacation and a place to relax I would choose this place.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: everything you need for a convient vacation
Visit was for: Quality time with family
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, OH
“Best family vacation we've had!”
Reviewed July 4, 2006 for a stay in June 2006
people found this review helpful

My wife and I along with our 2-year old daughter stayed at Casa Ladera for the week of Memorial Day 2006. I picked Casa Ladera based on all the positive reviews I'd read that indicated it was a great place to stay with small children and the ease of accessing information from their website. I'm so glad we stayed there because we had our best family vacation to date.

Vieques itself is a jewel. Easy to get to (from Cincinnati), beautiful beaches, great restaurants, and friendly people. But I do have to say that staying at Casa Ladera contributed a ton to the great experience we had.

Casa Ladera is located in a neighborhood on the north side of Vieques, close to the airport, just outside Isabell Segundo. There is a grocery store and gas station nearby. It's only a 15 minute drive over to Esperanza and beaches on the south side of the island.

The grounds of Casa Ladera are beautiful, immaculately maintained with lots of different flowers and fruit trees. The pool is huge with a nice set of steps and a ledge that my daughter could safely play on while we floated nearby. There is also an outdoor grill and fridge by the pool.

We stayed in the detatched Casita, with 2 large bedrooms and a nice living/dining/kitchen space. The decor was comfortable Caribbean casual. The amenities were up-to-date and included a/c in all rooms, better appliances than we have at home, and thoughtful touches such as beach chairs, coolers, and a homemade guide covering all the beaches and restaurants on the island. There is a rooftop patio with chairs that offers views of the water nearby.

My favorite thing was that there is a beach literally 50 yards down the road from Casa Ladera. We went for many walks on the beach in the afternoon and I found the snorkeling was fairly good right off the beach (on the right side).

My daughter's favorite thing other than the pool were the neighborhood dogs who would stop by to greet us every day. Her favorite was a jack russel / chiwawa mix (?) named Capitan who could always be found sleeping in the shade. He would even accompany us on our walks down to the shore.

My wife's favorite thing were her afternoon poolside naps.

We rented a Jeep Cherokee from Casa Ladera which was necessary to reach some of the more remote beaches. It was in great shape and has me thinking about buying a Jeep as my next vehicle.

The owners, Jen & Lauren, stopped by once during the week to say hello. They are super nice and have done really well in providing such a wonderful place to stay. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Now if I only had more vacation time...

Cleanliness Service
dc_divers
washington, dc
“A gem in Vieques”
Reviewed May 31, 2006 for a stay in May 2005
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed at Casa Ladera for a week in May 2006. We’ve traveled extensively in Caribbean including previous trips to Vieques, Culebra, and the main island of Puerto Rico. We always try to stay at small guest houses or B&B’s, rather than large resorts. Casa Ladera is simply the best place that we have ever been. The grounds are beautiful. The pool, which is a real treat in Vieques, is a wonderful respite after a day exploring the island, its magnificent beaches and warm Caribbean waters. We stayed in the La Casita which is just a “neat place” with a full kitchen including designer appliances. At Casa Ladera, you are just far enough away from the bustle of Isabel (the main town) to have peace and quiet but close enough to its restaurants, grocery store, gas stations and shops to be there in a couple minutes. And funky Esperanza is only ten minutes away by car. Finally, Jen and Lauren were great hosts and we look forward to staying with the again.

Cleanliness Service
Compass12...
Garrison, NY
“We made ouselves at home!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2006
people found this review helpful

My husband, 4 year old son and my mother (a native Puerto Rican) spent 4 days at Casa Ladera in Vieques. We have been to PR many times, but this was our first trip to Vieques. Jennifer at CL was instramental even before we arrived in securing us a rental car, helping with flights and reasuuring us that CL was "kid freindly." Was it ever!!! Our son LIVED in the pool as well as the many PERFECT beaches that Jennifer directed us to. The Casita was just right for us with a fully stocked and modern kitchen. We even had private massages in our rooms - using the great recommendation book that was provided. We explored the isalnd, ate out at great local spots and TRULY relaxed. CL is in no way "luxurious" but it IS perfect for travelers who enjoy casual suroundings, comfortable and user friendly accomodations and for those who wish to avoid the "resort thing.". Thanks to Jennifer and Lauren - we will be back and perhaps rent all 3 units to bring our family and freinds!
Lydia McMahon
Garrison, NY

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing