“Nice place off the beaten path”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
fluvial_s...
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Nice place off the beaten path”
Reviewed June 3, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

We wanted a cute and cozy place to ourselves away from the main tourist drags, and we were not disappointed! For just three days on Vieques, it was perfect. We would have stayed longer had we not made other reservations on the main island.
It's true that the Malecon is in walking distance, but you probably only want to do that in the evening, which we did. Otherwise, you'll need to rent a jeep (we used Maritza's) to get to the more "remote" beaches, anyhow. We felt very safe in this neighborhood, where in the "back corner" of the barrio, the main sounds were roosters, dogs, and other "everyday" neighborhood sounds. If noise is a factor when you sleep, don't worry, because you'll have the bedroom AC fan cranked up! (It got cold to the point we had to turn it way down.) The property manager is a retiree from the states and lives just down the street. He is readily available and will give you a thoroughly detailed scoop about the island.
We really enjoyed watching some of the neighborhood chickens and their chicks forage around the yard in the morning and evening, and a friendly local cat adopted us for the duration of our stay. The yard is beautifully landscaped with a wonderful variety of tropical palms, flowering shrubs, and cacti. A great place to kick with a homemade pina colada after exploring the amazing beaches all day!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The atmosphere.
Liked least: Shower water pressure
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Memphis

Reviewed January 9, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

CA
Reviewed January 2, 2012 for a stay in June 2008

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing