Lowest prices for your stay
US$103
Free cancellation until 21-05-01
US$102
Free cancellation until 21-05-02
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$129
US$98
SAVE US$31
Hotels.comUS$103
eDreamsUS$102
StayForLongUS$129
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Convenient. Easily drive to points North and South. Nearby is Carrefour and even McDonalds! Martinique is so humid my fingerprint reader on the phone often failed! AC isn't quite strong enough to dry my undershirt overnight, but 2 nights were enough. I found a long sleeve zip placket sweat-wicking undershirt to be best for hiking; I should have brought more of them!

US Embassy is here so if you're concerned about safety (a problem in Jamaica, but not Martinique) that should put your mind at ease. Pool is not heated, was beautiful but not for acrophobics

Generally, in Martinique, we found public toilets surprisingly clean, mosquitoes not a problem in December. For the car, beware that some gas stations run out of unleaded gasoline

Room tip: 4th floor is most convenient - that's where you enter the hotel. Bar is on 8th (top) floor, so rooms near it may be noisy.
Date of stay: December 2019
karibea-DirQUALITE, Qualité at Karibea Valmeniere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2020

Many thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience at Karibea.

Hope to see you soon,

Best regards

Reviewed August 5, 2019

the place was in a very good location. breakfast was simple yet fulling and the staff were very friendly. the roo.s are a bit old and the showers have no curtains but outside of that everything else was good enough..could possibly return. and the prices were good as well.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Bar closed on Sundays. No room service on Sundays. Restaurant opens at 7.30 pm on Sunday. Unsafe to walk around the hotel local area (stray dogs, shanty towns, dodgy looking locals). No gym. Tiny pool in the middle of the (closed) bar. No possibility of food before 6am. Minibar had 1 chocolate bar and no other food. This is not a business hotel, more like a backpackers hostel. The only non-French TV channel is CNN. The only good thing about this hotel is the aircon. I wish I had followed my instinct and changed hotels as soon as I arrived, it is not a good experience for an International traveller. One of the worst hotels I have been to for a long time.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

I needed to stay at the hotel for 8 days whilst my friend was in the local hospital. His hospitalisation had been a very stressful time for us both. This is really a recommendation for the wonderful staff at the hotel:
Sylviane on reception who was always so helpful and welcoming, and was able to arrange an English speaking taxi driver for my trips to the hospital, which made me feel safe and secure.
The other receptionists who made French speaking telephone calls on my behalf.
The receptionists who, when my friend was discharged, so kindly let us have an extended check out on our room then allowed us the use of a suite until we finally left the hotel at 7pm in the evening. My friend was feeling so fatigued after a difficult time in hospital and facing a 20 hour trip home.
Finally, Sandra, the lady who cleaned and prepared my room every day to a very high standard, spoke perfect English and offered me lots of tips and advice on local transport and traditions for the festival.
Breakfasts were very good.
Swimming pool excellent and roof top garden and jacuzzi a lovely place to relax, prior to daily 5 hour hospital visiting sessions.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

We had a girls trip for four days so we stayed here for three nights. The breakfast is fabulous. The staff is very friendly and speaks English which wasn’t easy for us to find everywhere on the island. The place is modern and decorated very nicely when you was in. The rooms were fine, but our shower broke the first evening and was never fixed the entire trip despite us asking each day. We paid with euros for breakfast and upon check out were told we owed because the hostess at the front never wrote it down. Definitely charge it to your room so there is no dispute on whether or not you paid. The bar has the best mojitos I’ve ever had. The hot tub is really great fun on the roof and the pool is very unique although it’s not the pool view I prefer, lol. I still think it’s wonderful they even have a pool in a city hotel which I’ve never seen before! Arrange your own cab service. Every time the hotel called one for us we paid twice as much as every time we arranged it ourselves for the same trip distance/time. Insist that the cab drivers put on the meters so it’s an accurate amount rather than being quoted a flat price up front. We liked walking to The patisserie and the pizza shop right next door, but otherwise you have to cab everywhere.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Equipe_Karibea, Community Manager Junior at Karibea Valmeniere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

Dear client,

Thank you for taking your time to give us a feedback. Your opinion is very important to us.
First and foremost, we are pleased you enjoyed our hotel's sea view as well as our cocktails.
We however deeply regret this incident. Your comments will be forwarded to our staff expeditiously.
See you soon.