“Wonderful Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2018

We were recommended by our hotel to eat here for this special occasion, and it certainly lived up to my (Birthday) dreams.
First of all the table was perfect, on the edge of the terrace overlooking the beach, the welcome and service was very friendly and good.
As for the food, it was delicious. I had the smoked marlin, which I find certainly lives up to smoked salmon or other fishes we get on the continent. And to follow we had the spiny lobster, once again just perfect. And the dessert was a wonderful mixture of a big ice cream (special mention for the vanilla pacane) and some chocolate cake and cream. And good wine was available by the glass.
We were even able to thank the charming Chef in person for a fantastic meal and a lovely evening.
We would certainly return.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

Travelled over by water taxi to this beach at Anse a L'Ane from the main port ($7 return). At Anse a L'Ane the beach is real and not man-made like the Anse Mitan one around the corner.

The bar'cafe serves a good mix of French-Caribbean fare and drinks all well priced. Both inside and outside on the beach itself the tables were doing good business.

After or before eating/drinking then the beach itself is brilliant. Clear, warm water and nice sand with palm tress along the shore. Really a very nice setting and worth the trip over from the port area.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

This place is really a restaurant where you can find very fresh seafood, fish, and amazing cocktails, the name of the restaurant means New wave and it’s exactly the feeling I had ... a new wave bringing fresh food and tasty ! When I said tasty it’s because I’m from The Island and find good food it’s easy but find excellent traditional food taste like when grand ma cook with an awesome service... Thks so much for this culinary travel ! Pignon Nouvelle Vague is defenetly one of the best restaurant in Martinique in particular for seafood... so if you are in Les trois Ilets don’t hesitate ( make sure you book in advance ...it’s very popular )

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Great, polite and smiling service which is not always the case in Martinique and especially fantastic food.
Relatively expensive for the setting (plastic chairs and paper napkins), but great views on Fort de France, great drinks and wine list, so ideal for a good night out.
Highly recommended

Reviewed April 1, 2017

I went there with my boyfriend the first night we arrived in Martinique. Well, I think it right the right place. The colors, the sound of the sea in the background, the nice cocktails and fresh seafood. It was very good!