“Tasty fresh fish ”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Had a soup, fish and meal of the day which included entre, fish and fruit desert :) very fresh and tasty. Service was a little slow as the terace was full of people at lunch time and only one person serving. But who's in a rush when the sun is so hot at noon? :)

Reviewed December 22, 2017

We ate here on our first night in Anse Mitan, so a lot of things were new to us. We liked the charm of eating in such a small restaurant. There is only one waitress and you have to allow for that. Perhaps it was a language difficulty, I was speaking in French.... Because I wasn't very hungry, I ordered a starter portion of crevettes with pineapple. Before it was served the waitress asked me if I would like the avocado. I asked if the pineapple wasn't available and she said it was, so I presumed I was being offered some avocado in the dish. Eventually, two dishes were served, one with pineapple and one with avocado! Too much for me, and I was charged for both. Not having good enough French to argue, I just paid for it, but I wasn't happy.
My partner had the fish and that was lovely. I would recommend it for the food and the authentic experience, but brush up on your French first!

Reviewed November 12, 2017

I had dinner here with my husband, 12 year old and in laws. We all love seafood and are from New England where we have great seafood.
The location is a bit off the beaten path but nice an quiet.
I do speak some French but no one else in our party did. Like most places we visited I found that French is preferred but there is some English spoken but only if your French is non existent. This is not a problem for me, I travel for this reason, to try to communicate with others and use the other languages I have studied.
The good was very good and I would say more Caribbean than French in style. Our portions were perfect and service was great.
I would not say upscale but also not pretentious. I really enjoyed our meal here. It is quite open air yet covered with a view of the marina. I would definitely go back.

The food was

Reviewed March 9, 2017

Call ahead or get there early in the evening. All the seafood dishes were excellent and the Accras de Crevettes or Shrimp Fritters were the best we had during our 10 day stay. The Crab Farcis is also good. It's ambiance is a covered outdoor restaurant, two sisters provide authentic Caribbean home cooking. This place specializes in all local seafood which is their strong suit so we did not order any of the beef or chicken dishes. Service can be slow but it is worth the wait. The waitress staff speak and understand some English.

Reviewed March 4, 2017

The hotel recommended this restaurant. The codfish fritters were good, but the entrecote (ribeye) was the worst cooked steak I've ever had in my life. I ordered a medium steak. My friend ordered it well done. Hers was fine. Mine varied from overcooked to medium rare to outright raw in some areas...and I do mean raw not a black and blue steak. The service was terrible. I'm not sure if she was in a bad mood or what, but not only did she not check on us (only 1 server) she didn't say anything when she saw that over half my steak was left uneaten on my plate.

I did see that others did enjoy their food, particularly the seafood. The whole fish and lobster looked tasty but not the steak. My friend likes her steak well done and then done again as she says so that seems to be the only way they can cook a steak.