“Wonderful Birthday Celebration”
Review of Bonito St Barth

Bonito St Barth
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonito St Barth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Gustavia
Price range: US$56 - US$102
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 12, 2017

I’m a bit late with my reviews, time got away from me…

My wife and I were on the Star Legend , Windstar Cruse from January 28 - February 4, 2017. The ship was in St. Barts on January 30th so I decided to book at Bonito for my birthday dinner. Our reservation was for 6:30 and we made the easy 20 min walk from the port and arrived a few minutes early, before the doors opened. We visited with the sales person in the boutique right next to Bonito and took pictures & selfies of the sunset and the harbor. We were the first ones in at 6:30, the restaurant is open air and we were seated along the outside rail in the best location overlooking the harbor. Ordering cocktails and a bottle of Bordeaux we looked over the French menu as tables filled up around us. I don't recall everything we had to eat but I do remember it was all excellent. As it got dark, I observed the moon just above Venus over my wife's shoulder and we started taking photos and pointing out the scene to family at the table to the right and the couple to the left. Turns out the guy right next to me was also celebrating his birthday and they had rented a house on the island. We all took pictures of each other and visited a little loudly as Americans sometimes do and remarkably for a French restaurant, the staff could not have been nicer and more patient about the photos and boisterous conduct. We got the bill and while expensive, I have paid more for dinners not nearly as good. I have to say it was one of my best birthday celebrations ever.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Robert-fromthe-South

Reviewed April 10, 2017

The restaurant is very pretty and the view is gorgeous.
The service was excellent and our dinner was good. Its a great place for a romantic dinner.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner with another couple while on winter break. The setting at Bonito was great. It felt lively but elegant at the same time. The cocktails were quite good. The food was not. I had the ceviche and tiradito sampler and some of the fish and seafood used tasted previously frozen.... and they were not particularly innovative either. The cote d'agneau (lamb) was among the worst we have had in our 30 years of dining out.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed April 8, 2017

If you visit one restaurant in St Barth's visit this one. Amazing setting overlooking Gustavia harbor coupled with excellent service and food. I've dined at some of the best restaurants in the world and this ranks as one of the best, which is why they receive so many excellent reviews.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 6, 2017

Wonderful ambiance, great views from pre-planned/requested seating position. Staff is a bit slow at times, could be a bit more attentive, however the food and presentation makes it all worth it. Everything is incredibly spectacular!

Date of visit: April 2017