“Maya's still has it after all these years!”
Review of Maya's

Maya's
Ranked #23 of 71 Restaurants in Gustavia
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Maya´s restaurant, St. Barth French west indies
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I have been going to St-Barth since 1978 and haven't missed a year since -- over 40 visits to the island. I have been going to Maya's since the beginning in 1984. I have seen a lot of change on the island and seen so many restaurants come and go, but the one thing that has not changed are the flavors and the freshness and perfect cooking of Maya's food. My wife and I will go for 17-21 days at a time, and will end up at Maya's 4-6 times in one trip - we just cannot get enough of the fresh, clean, perfectly prepared flavors and dishes. The greatest French chefs always say that most of the success of a dish is in the quality and freshness of the ingredients treated with respect by the chef. Maya is the epitome of this credo. If you are fortunate enough to see her "asperges blanches" (white asparagus) on the menu, take them! You will immediately understand. The same is true of the soups, tartares, fish dishes (another favorite is the Dover sole -- meunière or simply grilled -- which rivals or surpasses the most famous NYC versions of this dish), prime meats (anything "filet de bœuf" or veal is terrific) and do not miss "chicken night" most every Monday. I could go on and on...but will finish by giving major props to Maya's husband Randy, who with hostess Dora run the front of the house with a young and energetic waitstaff who truly care about the overall experience of their patrons. The wine list is carefully curated and offers one the best values for money on the island. It is no surprise that Maya’s is the longest lasting restaurant on St. Barths under the same management. Bon appétit and bravo Chef Maya and Randy!!

Dear Cat and Dear B,

Thank you for such a lovely posting on TripAdvisor ! When a regular guest, such as yourself, confirms that, as always, everything was perfect, we could not be more over the moon !

We hope you have the occasion to visit again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2017

We enjoyed a delicious meal in April 2017 while sailing through the area. Everyone enjoyed their meal. They were very accommodating to my gluten free requirements, as well. Highly recommend!

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your happiness and experience! We sincerely wish you all our very best.

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

Very popular with local clientele. The chef was very accommodating with celiac and gluten free allergy as well as garlic and spice allergy. Food was fresh to order and menu selected on the day. Service was great very attentive. Glad to explain things in English and French. Pretty setting on the water. Took dinghy to dock and short walk down the beach to restaurant from yacht. Not in town center. Remember flashlight for the walk home in the dark if you come by boat.

Dear Jerry,

Thank you kindly for your feedback, and your posting.
We hope to have you and the family return for a visit as soon as possible.

With my best wishes,

Reviewed April 27, 2017

Three weeks ago was our 4th trip to St. Barth and our 4th time to Maya's. Maya's has a beautiful view, excellent service, fantastic food, and an awesome wine list. I always order whatever fish is on the menu and they don't disappoint. I would give 5 stars but I believe the prices are a bit out of control. On our last visit, I had an appetizer of white asparagus for 28 euros. It was delicious, but there were 2 stalks on the plate? I spent the rest of the dinner marveling at spending 14 euros for a stalk of asparagus. If you are ok with that (it is vacation after all) then go to Maya's for a great dinner.

Maya's S, Hôtesse at Maya's, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2017

Dear Belle,

All the team joins me in thanking you for your feedback.
We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Very excited to try Maya's after all the good reviews and left very disappointed. Extremely salty shrimp in a soy sauce, tasteless fino fish entree and a dorade fish which was actually Mahi Mari. All five of our entrees served with the same sweet potato and green bean sides. Absolutely ridiculous paying these prices for food with no imagination. What happened here??? The service great and friendly I'll give them that. $450 for this meal for five? Not returning, ever.