We booked our trip more than 6 months ago as an Interval International Getaway. We contacted the Managing Director at that time, requesting as nice a suite as possible, given that we would be there for two weeks. He only responded many months later, after two more emails.
The resort itself is reasonably nice, however our unit was badly in need of upgrading, with dirty kitchen curtains and a generally 'tired' appearance. We made staff aware of our displeasure with the unit, but nobody seemed interested in addressing our concerns, although all staff with whom we spoke readily admitted that this was an older unit in need of renovation.
The resort is built on the side of a mountain, with shuttle service running all day up and down steep, winding roadways. We were not too high up, but it still required a fair bit of energy to get up and down to the beach, even though we are in good physical shape. We didn't want to wait at all times for a shuttle to be available.
They advertise internet service, however wifi is only available in the lobby and we were not informed that only ethernet connection is available in the room. We would have brought a laptop, rather than IPad had we known.
The restaurants we sampled served good food, but were on the pricey side. The resort is not within walking distance of other restaurants or any other commerce. Rodney Bay, with high quality, reasonably priced restaurants is a $14US taxi each way.
The Dragonfly restaurant had an excellent Friday night barbecue buffet. Service was pleasant enough.
We ate several dinners at Jammers. Service was variable but food was generally good. The setting is lovely, overlooking the beach and water.
Our favourite restaurant was Papa Dons. It is Italian, but has a very wide menu, It's reasonably priced and the service and food were the best of the entire resort. We ate several meals there.
We did enjoy our stay, however, we feel that for a supposedly high end resort, Windjammer is lacking many of the finer things. It is badly in need of updating for it to really be first class. We would not hurry to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and West Indies so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries