“Very nice experience at Windjammer (March 2012)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
NY
“Very nice experience at Windjammer (March 2012)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

After breaking my foot and postponing a 6 week trip to New Zealand, we booked a week at Windjammer (and a 2nd week further south, at Stonefield Villas) as our "Got to Get Away" consolation prize vacation. Windjammer was very nice - we stayed in room 233A (I think that's right), in one of the buildings down closer to the beach and restaurants (at our request, as my mobility was still somewhat limited even after getting out of the cast). Our 1BR suite was nicely appointed (a bit like staying in someone's condo, with the small kitchen and all, well laid out. We LOVED having our own hot tub on the deck, and enjoyed breakfast on the outdoor table each day (except th first day, as we'd not yet stocked up the fridge). Trip to Rodney Bay grocery store helped keep dining out costs lower (didn't want all that much food) and healthier. The Sunday brunch is particularly expensive (and no price was posted - I would NEVER spend $50-$60 a person on brunch for what they served). Restaurants good quality resort food, varied menu and generally efficient staff. Good water sports activities and helpful staff, too. Clean beach, nice pool, etc. Enjoyed the variety of ages visiting Windjammer - grown ups, small families, etc. A very nice start to our two weeks in St. Lucia. I don't know that I'd enjoy staying in one of the villas further up the hill, with the shuttle service etc. needed for getting up and down the incline.

Room Tip: Pending your mobility and/or tolerance for waiting for shuttle bus, consider a room in the Hibicus S...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CopperDogMom
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for the review - I'm glad you were able to get away! I just wanted to clarify that the price of brunch is quoted in Eastern Caribbean Dollars (roughly 2.7 to the US Dollar).

mark.ozawa@windjammer-landing.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Where do I begin?
The hotel: Set in beautiful grounds rising from the beach to the hills.
We stayed in a one bed villa. Clean, spacious, amazing views, incredibly comfortable and very romantic!

You don't need to be an athlete to stay there as they provide a swift shuttle service that'll take you to your room/villa.

The restaurants serve amazing food and there is a great choice and variety to suit all tastes. The food is of a very high standard and presented very well.

The hotel facilities are fantastic, plenty of water sports, activities and staff run activities to participate in, or just relax by the pool/beach.
A lovely beach. Safe for all and clean. Not much of a snorkeling spot but perfect for a cool dip.

Staff: The staff are fantastic. So friendly, warm, welcoming, always available to help or answer any questions.

The wedding planners: Simone and Melanie are truly the jewels in the crown of this hotel. They we're absolutely amazing in organizing our wedding, bending over backwards to ensure we had the best day of our lives. We are so greatful to them. Beautiful intelligent women that gave us the best days of our lives, we're so glad we chose the windjammer.

I can't recommend the Windjammer highly enough. It's perfect for honeymooners, couples, so family friendly! If you are considering St.Lucia for your wedding, this is the place to go. You'll be in very safe and capable hands!

M&R

• Stayed March 2012
6 Thank UkMoo
Thank you for the very nice review! Simone and Melanie are indeed our jewels! Thank you for sharing your special time with us!

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We were married at the Windjammer in July, 2010, and it was simply amazing. The preperation by email before I came down was so simple, which really helped keep the stress levels low, and since I didn't have serious expectations for exact flowers etc, it was very easy. I gave them my color choices and they went from there. We were marrie don the beach and had the reception in the tiki hut restaurant right on the beach. The decor was beautiful, the photography was incredible, food was delicoius, the DJ was amazing, and we all had an wonderful time. 34 guests stayed for a week leading up to the wedding and then my husband and I enjoyed a very romantic honeymoon there as well. We were so very pleased with everything. The staff was excellent and the wedding planners made my dreams come true! :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had a wonderful time and that you found it so easily to plan your wedding with us. We look forward to a return visit for one of your anniversaries!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Back from an 11 night stay. It is a number if years since our last visit to st lucia and we were looking forward to a well earned break.
Having been to several other islands over the intervening years, we were disappointed in our visit.

Don't get me wrong, it was good, just not excellent. I won't go into specifics as that's nit picking. Just we would put it at a good 3 star establishment rather than the 4/4.5 it claims to be and therefore charges.

It's all about perceived value for money, and we just felt it was overpriced for what it was.

Sorry

• Stayed February 2012
8 Thank Melissaayr64
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that you were disappointed and hope you can share some specific notes with me; my e-mail address is mark.ozawa@windjammer-landing.com.

Niles, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Wonderful views, clean rooms and AWESOME staff!! We travelled as a party of 5 adults and had a 2 bedroom villa booked. I contacted the hotel in advance to ask for an enclosed villa, since one of us had to sleep in the living room. Upon check in, they gave us a 3 bedroom villa, so everyone had their own room and bathroom!! We were greeted with their rum punch and cold towels which was a great treat after our drive in from the South. My parents and in-laws were impressed with all the amenities and wonderful service. Make sure you attend the Tuesday night manager event.We tried several beaches in the North, but our hotel beach was the best, plus they have free snorkelling trips daily @ 11.00 and one at 2.00 pm that costs 5 USD. Security is present and they make you feel taken care of.
Rent a car and go to the close towns of Gros Islet and Rodney Bay. Try the restaurant Golden Taste in Gros Islet and Starfish in the Rodney Bay Marina.
I would go back to the resort in a heatbeat!!!

Room Tip: Request an enclosed room / villa if you are not comfortable with the open air concept.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank ChefM7
Thank you for your nice review! I'm glad you had a great stay and hope you'll be back soon!

LAKE GROVE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We are at the Windjammer this week. Originally we had a two bedroom open air room. I am petrified of birds although they were tiny they would come in, they changed us to a closed in beautiful room. We have not waited more than 3 minutes for a shuttle to get to our room or to the front desk. Everyone bends over backwards for you. Our plunge pool is awesome cold but awesome.. Another perk is although we are on a timeshare trade, there has been daily maid service. The beach and pool are empty I guess everyone that has their own plunge pool is using that instead. Only ate out once but just burgers they were ok. Now for the weather to cooperate. Thank you Helen for all your help you made my birthday special especiallly with this cloudy weather love the room.

Room Tip: the closed rooms have no flying bugs, birds and are cooler although bedrooms have mosquito nets and...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TVBGirl
Thank you for the review. I'm glad we were able to get you a fully enclosed room. Thanks for the comment about Helen and I'm happy you had a great birthday!

Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We read most reviews before we left and knew what to expect. I would urge you to take one time posters - positive or negative with some hesitation. Seasoned travelers and tripadvisor fans have provided some of the best information. We stayed in a one bedroom villa that we traded into from Interval International. It was a 3 story open air with air conditioned bedroom and nice bathroom on lower level. Our walk in level offered a covered patio, living room with old tv and a modern kitchen. The 3rd level was a sunny veranda with small dipping pool. The bed had a mosquito net (which seemed like a canopy bed to me :-)) and was SO comfortable. We opted for all inclusive given the remote location of the property. We ate at every restaurant - Papa Don's for outstanding lamb, pasta, veal & dorado - Upper Deck for filet, Mahi Mahi and seafood. We ate at Dragonfly every morning and enjoyed our made to order omlets & eggs (buffet or off the menu) breakfast. I had the BEST eggs I've ever had in my life there. We ordered wraps, salads and sandwiches at Embers and Jammer to eat on the beach. We drank like fish and ordered mostly from the 96 degree beach bar or Jammers. The staff is very good - almost tripping over each other to serve you - and at, for us, a welcome and slow Carribean pace. The beach was beautiful and the water sports plentiful. No reason to ever leave the resort - but we did go to the casino ($30 roundtrip cab) and a Serentiy Tour of the north part of the island. I would recommend them as well. The accomodations are a bit "rustic" compared (which is why I gave them 4 of 5 stars)to other 4-5 star hotel - but that was also, for me, the charm and beauty of the resort. When your room is open air - the birds and bugs fly through, the cats will walk in - but none of that was a problem for us. We LOVED the Windjammer - would be so tickled to go back.

Room Tip: We were in villa 152 - and we walked everywhere. I think we took a shuttle 3 x - the last to help u...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank K C
Thank you for your thorough review! You've provided some great details that will be helpful to future guests as well as some great feedback for us! We would be tickled to have you return!

mark.ozawa@windjammer-landing.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
24.2 km away
5.2 km away
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!