2,936 results
All reviews papa dons upper deck plunge pool kids club all inclusive plan time share rodney bay hibiscus suite jammers bar banana boat dragonfly restaurant dragon fly water sports all inclusive option steep hillside st lucia shuttle service
Reviewed July 15, 2015

My partner and I were able to travel to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. The resort we choose was Windjammer Landing. Immediately upon our arrival, we were treated to mint scented hand towels and a scrumptious rum punch drink. We were provided a personal concierge throughout our stay. His name was Daryl although we would like to rename him, "Angel." Regardless of the time of day, Daryl's motivation throughout our stay was to ensure our happiness. He scheduled us an exclusive reservation at one of their fine restaurants upon our first day. Daryl then provided ongoing support for any service we needed.
The room we were provided was the premier suite with a separate living room and full kitchen area. The bedroom was extremely comfortable with a new king size mattress, exquisite linens and heavenly pillows. The bathroom was equally large with a walk in shower and full tub along with double sinks.
The meals at all the restaurants were quite good, providing an amply profile of the St. Lucian cuisine. The host staff were efficient in seating us and immediately secured drinks, water and alcoholic beverages. There was only one evening when we had to wait over 45 minutes for dinner. Had the waiter taken the time to simply check in on us, we most likely would not have left dinner with a soured view of the evening. We understand that kitchens can become backed up- it is the role of the wait staff to help expedite and serve the customer in the interim.
Be that as it may, we were afforded the luxury of meeting Mark and Ronny, the executive managers at this facility at the Manager's Cocktail party. Their warm welcome and conversation made this resort feel even more like home. As a frequent traveler and travel agent, I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will certainly recommend it to friends and family.
My only recommendation for those traveling to this north end resort would be to fly in to Northern airport on St. Lucia. While it would involve a stop-over, the adjustment in the travel plan is worth it. The trip from Hewanorra International Airport to Windjammer Landing is approximately hour and half over winding mountainous roads. To save time, plan your air travel into George Charles Airport.

In short, this was an amazing resort offering those weary travelers the much needed rest and relaxation. I highly recommend couples or families to consider this place for a beautiful vacation. Ask for Daryl, the personal concierge, and tell him Cindy sent you!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the restaurants have greater access to spa, tennis courts, and beach.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank letmesmile
Reviewed July 15, 2015

About 25 years ago my (just recently married) husband saw an advertisement of the Windjammer Resort in a magazine and it was his dream that he was going to stay at the resort one day. Well 25 years later my husband took me to the Windjammer Resort where we were married just a few weeks ago. Before we were married we took a jazz cruise and had a chance to see the resort because St. Lucia was one of the islands on the itinerary.We met one of the beautiful people on the resort, Simone Debeauville. She took us on a tour and decorated the Terrace where we were considering having the ceremony. She was sooo professional, kind and patient. We loved her and knew that we were going to get married at the Winjammer so we booked our date. His dream then became my dream too. A couple of months before the wedding we were told that we would not be working with Simone because of a well deserved promotion but with wedding coordinator Melaine Reynold. Our experience went from great to amazing!! Mrs. Reynold was also very professional, patient, kind and understanding. They both made our wedding day one of the most magical times we could have imagined!!! On the day we were to wed the forecast was predicting rain, I was devastated, Melaine told me not to worry about the weather and she came up with a Plan B that turned out being better than the original plan. She even has a hook up and the weather was beautiful:). Melaine Reynold is the best wedding coordinator EVER! I must also recognize some of the other staff: Esie, at the front desk, Spencer (driver), the drivers are amazing the way the handle the narrow roads!!!!. I also must give a rating of 10 for the new Wellness Retreat Center, it's wonderful!!! and the staff there are amazing!!! Shout out to Joe, the taxi driver that took us downtown and to the airport. We also want to thank our ambassador, Essie and all of the waiters and waitresses at the Upper Deck Restaurant and Cheryl at the Embers Restaurant. The food and drinks were outstanding at all of the restaurants. The housekeeping staff for Villa 212 always made sure we had what we needed. To stay at the Windjammer for a vacation is wonderful, to get married there is amazing. Shout out also to Peter, the photographer and the wonderful Pastor that married us, Pastor Sherwin Griffith. Once you stay you'll want to get a Time Share, please see Nadege Maximin, she's a sweetie too!
Every staff member of the Windjammer Resort was professional and kind. They made us feel like family. We are recommending this resort to all of our friends and family.
If we could do it over again we would choose the Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort every time!!
We are definitely going back to celebrate our anniversaries!!
To the staff of Windjammer Resort, thanks for making our DREAMS COME TRUE!!
The Carltons

3  Thank Bonnie C
Reviewed July 14, 2015

Unbelievably outstanding! We booked through Priceline and got a great deal. Upon arrival after being greeted with rum punch and cool towels we were told we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa! WOW! What a villa! Two bedrooms, dining room, living room, fully stocked kitchen, outdoor dining table, four balconies and private plunge pool! And the staff made our comfort their top priority. Especially Esie at the front desk and Barry at Jammer's bar. No exaggeration, this is the best place ever! The service in all the restaurants was very slow, but even with that we will definitely go back, it is SO good.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank debra b
Reviewed July 10, 2015

My partner & I stayed at Windjammer from June 20-27. Oh what a heavenly experience it was. It was everything we imagined and more, except for a few minor issues,but after all, life is not perfect. We were treated extra special upon our arrival. Our issue on the first night was our room. We were affected by the aroma of the fresh paint in the room. We were impressed by the response we got and was transferred to a new room. While we were waiting to be transferred to the new unit, my partner realised that he had the wrong suitcase. We were absolutely terrified especially because we had a full week planned. We spent the night trying to find the suitcase but there was no sign of hope. Ean tried his best to find it. Ean had the day off the next day and Lindon took over. Lindon was very helpful and very sincere. Thanks to Lindon it was found and delivered to out room by 6 pm. Thanks Lindon for going out of your way to help us.
Ean did an amazing job by finding us another room for the night. The room was exquisite and very spacious. The view was very priceless,it was out of this world. We had no words for it, rm 64. I could go on and on about the room but we had to leave the next day.
Our third and final room was nice, room 28. We didn't like the idea of all the steps and the fact that there was no washroom on the main level. Despite that, the villa was very spacious and private. The house keeper for the room was very unfriendly, she did not smile and was un professional. Such a huge difference from house keeper in room 64. Apart from that,everyone else was beyond friendly. They all made us feel like one big happy family. Nick who works at reception was very patient with us. We had a hard time deciding on which package to choose from, as we all know that it is in evitable to visit the pitons on your first visit to St Lucia. He really helped us with the decision making. The boat ride was wonderful.
A worker we really connected with was John the shuttle driver. He is always smiling, always has a happy look and most importantly, he is very friendly. He greeted us in and out of the resort. I think he is a great asset to the hotel and I also think hes the #1 driver. Another lovely worker at the resort is Oswaldine . She is a waitress at Embers. She was nice to us both in and out of the hotel. John and Oswaldine made us feel extra welcomed at the hotel. It was the manner in which they spoke to us.
We ate at all the restaurants. The food was exceptional. the service at all the restaurants was perfect. We loved Papa Dons.It felt very cozy. We were blown away by the level of professionalism from a waitress at Papa Dons. I forgot her name. She really surprised us by the way she handled an issue we had. St Lucians are very loving people. What is it about St Lucians ? they always go out of their way to help. Darrel was also very helpful at the lobby. He is extremely professional and smart. I noticed that every worker is good at what they do in each department. At the end we couldn't imagine any thing or any where else better than Windjammer. I think it is the one and only unique resort on the island . The hotel style is extremely classy and one of a kind. It was worth every penny. We were not dis appointed about any thing.

4  Thank Starla2015
Reviewed July 9, 2015

My husband and I traveled to St. Lucia for our first time to celebrate our honeymoon. We had heard great things about Windjammer Landing but was not sure what exactly to expect. Upon arrival, we had the welcoming staff greet us and our villa was decorated with flowers and a "Happy Honeymoon" sign. In addition, we had chocolated, a bottle of champagne, and a bottle of the local rum! The customer service at Windjammer was truly outstanding. Our ambassador, Essie, was wonderful and took care of us for anything we needed. We met many of the staff including Ernie, Jeff, Barry, "Wacky" Jackie, and many more; they were all wonderful and so much fun to be around and made our stay even better! We would love to return to Windjammer Landing and want to thank all of the staff for making it the best trip ever! It was so memorable and we had an absolute blast. Windjammer Landing for the win.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a wonderful view - you cannot go wrong choosing one!
2  Thank Alexa O