2,987 results
All reviews papa dons upper deck plunge pool kids club all inclusive plan time share rodney bay hibiscus suite jammers bar banana boat dragonfly restaurant dragon fly water sports all inclusive option steep hillside st lucia day sail
Reviewed September 9, 2018

We visited Windjammer as a family of 7 in late August and had a fantastic time.
We chose Windjammer because of the ability to have villa accommodation with all inclusive - this really suited our large family. The journey from the airport to Windjammer was great fun, Desmond pointed out places of interest on the way and getting to see a bit of the country was a brilliant start to the holiday.
When we arrived, the accommodation we were given wasn't quite right for us (three doubles and one twin where as we had booked two doubles and two twins), this would have meant two children sharing a bed so I called reception to discuss and asked either for one of the beds to be changed or to be moved. Within half an hour we were upgraded to an estate villa (400) which was truly spectacular, incredible views and so much space, a full size pool and a tropical indoor garden! This truly exceeded our expectations. The only complaint about the villa was that some of the balcony doors were hard to open and close, but I believe it's one of the oldest villas on property and the character made up for this. The shuttle service up and down was brilliant, never had to wait long and the drivers were all very friendly, Davidson, John and Terry particularly so.

Our children (aged 7 - 15) enjoyed the water sports, and Gordon, Surandi, Jameson, Denver and Stanley went over and above to encourage and help the children to waterski and kneeboard. The beach was clean and the water blissful, I recommend sea shoes as there are sea urchins in the rocks. We took snorkel masks and saw some incredible fish. The children were never bored and between the watersports, trampoline, snorkelling and pools gave us adults plenty of time to relax with a book and a cocktail.

The food was excellent in all restaurants, Upper Deck was a great experience and possibly the best steak I've ever had. Jammers was our go to for a relaxed meal and drinks, and Olivia was super friendly and helpful. Angus was also very welcoming and our youngest was always happy to be remembered by name and with a fist bump! The breakfast buffet was a big hit, and we also enjoyed the Caribbean buffet and the fish fry night.

We took a day trip with Salty Joe from Salty Boat Charters, this was a great experience and we visited the mud baths and waterfall, had a lovely local lunch and visited two incredible snorkelling sights. Highly recommend.

I unfortunately tasted good to the mosquitos, and had bites which got infected. None of the rest of the family did so think I was just unlucky, I saw Nurse Julia and within an hour a Dr had arrived with antibiotics and creams for me, and I felt better within 24 hours. Nurse Julia followed up with a call the next day and always asked how I was when she saw me around the property - exceptional. I would say if your sensitive to bites take anti-histamines and repellant with you.

All in all I can't recommend Windjammer highly enough, it really does have a family vibe to it, all staff were friendly without exception and the facilities and food were outstanding.

Room tip: The higher properties have spectacular views.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jo S
Malantha, Executive Administrative Assistant at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for making Windjammer Landing your family destination.

It gives us great pleasure when our guests expectations are exceeded.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We also appreciate your warm compliments towards our hospitable team and our delicious cuisine.

We look forward to providing you with another unforgettable experience in the near future.

Best wishes!

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I held my wedding at windjammer landings villa beach resort and it was amazing. The wedding coordinator created everything I envisioned for my big day. The decor for the wedding was elegant and the staff was professional and efficient. I stayed in a villa at the hotel and it was the BEST stay I ever had yet. The villa was equipped with a hottub, full kitchen, spacious rooms and pool area. The environment was welcoming, the spa was a relaxing retreat and the food was delightful. I will definitely return for another vacation at Windjammers.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank malisaneptune

Hello Malisa,

Congratulations on your recent nuptials!

We felt privileged that you chose Windjammer Landing as your wedding destination.

We are delighted that your special day was beyond your dreams.

Our wedding coordinator (Melanie) is exceptional and lives you worry free.

On behalf of our team, many thanks for your generous comments. We look forward to welcoming you for your wedding anniversary in the near future.

Best wishes!

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Celebrating birthday's and wedding anniversary. Must send a shout out to Lindin, my girl Tiara (Front Desk Staff), Marcellus Vidal, Michael Louis, Travis George, Jeff Joseph, Ronnie Alcindor and Angus Joseph for making our celebration one to Always Remember!

Can't forget the shuttle drivers... Always, pleasant and quick! They remember your name and villa number even though they have tons of customers assist.

Thank You Windjammer Staff for your above excellent customer service!

Room tip: Villa is private with ocean views on the side of the mountain. Eat at Papa Don's and the Upper Desk.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ellisondeborah
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Great resort with everything you need. Very friendly staff through out. As the resort is built on a hill side some areas are hard work to walk to. We were in villa 10 so was ok walking to and from the villa to the pool from our location. There are shuttles available 24 hrs but not if your wearing a wet swim suit. Aqua aerobic was great fun every morning in the main pool. Water sports were always available too. I don't think the resort was at capacity, which was good for booking evening meals. Ate in Papa Dons a couple of times, good service and menu choice, although very humid further up the hill. Didn't try the Upper Deck as we weren't on the All Inclusive plan and thought it was very over priced, in fact we didn't see many guests at all eat there during our stay. Lunch times can get busy, especially if there are rain showers, and lack of staff at Jammers on a couple of occasions lead to quite a long wait. Our villa was spotlessly clean, room was serviced every day by very happy, friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The outdoor plunge pool was quite scruffy and dated and not the cleanest, but as it was very small we didn't need to use it as we had the main pools. Overall, a wonderful family break and certainly somewhere we would return...
Thank you Windjammer for a lovely holiday!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sirjuesingh
Malantha, Executive Administrative Assistant at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and for sharing your experiences with us.

We are elated that you had a wonderful and relaxing family holiday here at the beautiful Windjammer Landing.

It was a pleasure serving you and your family and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Wedding:
Wow. When my husband and I dreamt of our perfect wedding, this was it!!! Literally, everything from start to finish was perfection. Melanie is truly a miracle worker, super hero! We had 20 guests, all coming from NC, USA for the wedding and Melanie was more than open to helping everyone find their perfect room, book taxis, and assist with questions. She was on top of everything from day 1- patient with questions and me changing my mind a million times! Our wedding was flawless- literally. Melanie made everything extremely stress free and the ceremony and reception was beyond beautiful. Food was great, location was great (ceremony on the beach and reception at Embers Restaurant). We hired DJ Romanus (local St Lucian DJ)- he was awesome!! We also flew in our own photographer and videographer. Literally every single one of our friends and family said that this was the single most enjoyable, most beautiful wedding they have ever been to! Melanie is so talented at what she does!!! She’s the best wedding planner I could have ever asked for and made our wedding the best day of our lives! We said that we will go back in 5 years to renew our vows, and I hope she is still there!

Vacation/stay:
We stayed at the Windjammer for 7 nights and it was so fantastic!! We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa and it was so beautiful. Huge space- upstairs was living area, kitchen, bathroom and deck; downstairs was huge bedroom, and massive bathroom (two vanities, stand alone tub and large stand alone shower), along with another deck. Both decks had fabulous views of the sea (very peaceful and serene). We had a lot of privacy and really liked this room (it was one of the prettiest from the rooms we saw out of the rooms that our friends/family were staying in)! All the rooms were gorgeous though. Very hilly (as all of St Lucia is), but there is a shuttle that runs 24/7 to take you from and to the room. The restaurants were all fantastic with our favorites being Upperdeck (steak and seafood) and Jammers (causal, right on the beach). Upperdeck has 21 day dry aged steaks (one of the best steaks I’ve ever had) for an up-charge of maybe $15USD. Worth it though. I don’t think any other food or drinks is an up-charge. Food was super fresh- fruit right off the trees and fish right out of the ocean. Drinks were also very good- loved the massive margarita! 90 degrees in the shade was our favorite beach bar! Definitely recommend the all inclusive package as the food is very expensive!! The all inclusive package seemed expensive up front but is honestly a good deal overall. My dad said he spent $75 on his entire stay in St Lucia (I think on tips and taxi)! Beach was so beautiful and we loved having the option to snorkel whenever we wanted. Nice little reef on the left side of the beach (saw Dog Fish and Parrot Fish). Large beach area and never had any issues finding a beach lounger. Staff overall very friendly (one girl at the front desk wasn’t the greatest). Rented a catamaran for everyone for the day w Joys Tours and wow, it was absolutely fantastic!! Snorkel Sugar Beach (fantastic reef, cruise around the Pitons, see waterfall, go into mud bath, lunch). The hotel also offers tours but we didn’t have a chance to try any through the Windjammer.

Overall, choosing Windjammer for our wedding and vacation was the best decision we could have possibly made. St Lucia is a place made of dreams. We will be back for sure, and if you are struggling with deciding to go or not, just do it- you will not regret it!!

Date of stay: September 2018