2,922 results
All reviewspapa donsupper deckplunge poolkids cluball inclusive plantime sharerodney bayhibiscus suitejammers barbanana boatdragonfly restaurantdragon flywater sportsall inclusive optionsteep hillsidest luciaday sail
Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is just fabulous - where to begin!

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for 3 nights in september (just wasn't enough, we had spent the rest of the week somewhere else before staying here). Booking was smooth and easy and Denise was super helpful over the phone. On check in, we got a cold towel and rum punch and a tour of the facilities. When we checked into our room, we were absolutely blown away. The one-bed villa was just stunning, with the comfiest bed I've ever slept in! it has 3 terraces, great aircon and great showers, and the best views I've ever seen - we could see Martinique from the bed! We were in paradise and didn't want to leave our room!

The resort itself is beautiful, it is beachfront with plenty of umbrellas and sun loungers and great watersports! There are several pools around the resort which are also beautiful and it was never busy. We watched the sunsets everynight from the end of the beach.

Where the place really excels is its food quality. The WJL has 5 very different restaurants, and we ate in all of them several times ( we were on the all inclusive plan). Upper Deck was a fine-dining style and had the most delicious surf and turf, Embers on the beach we had lunch at most days and tried almost everything on the menu - still dreaming of those tacos! - Dragonfly has local food, again delicious and Papa Dons is Italian, with great views from the mountaintop. In all my travels, I have not had nicer food at a hotel then here. The headchef Rene was so pleasant to chat to and took the time to ensure guests were enjoying themselves - really hospitable and I love this.

The staff here were so lovely too - especially Travis and Herbert who served us in the Jammer - both guys were so pleasant and chatty and funny, such assets to the resort.

We cannot wait to come back here and can't recommend it more!

Room Tip: Get the villas that are up the mountain - there are shuttles to drop you and pick you up whenever you need. The views are spectacular!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catriona B
Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited Windjammer as a family of 7 in late August and had a fantastic time.
We chose Windjammer because of the ability to have villa accommodation with all inclusive - this really suited our large family. The journey from the airport to Windjammer was great fun, Desmond pointed out places of interest on the way and getting to see a bit of the country was a brilliant start to the holiday.
When we arrived, the accommodation we were given wasn't quite right for us (three doubles and one twin where as we had booked two doubles and two twins), this would have meant two children sharing a bed so I called reception to discuss and asked either for one of the beds to be changed or to be moved. Within half an hour we were upgraded to an estate villa (400) which was truly spectacular, incredible views and so much space, a full size pool and a tropical indoor garden! This truly exceeded our expectations. The only complaint about the villa was that some of the balcony doors were hard to open and close, but I believe it's one of the oldest villas on property and the character made up for this. The shuttle service up and down was brilliant, never had to wait long and the drivers were all very friendly, Davidson, John and Terry particularly so.

Our children (aged 7 - 15) enjoyed the water sports, and Gordon, Surandi, Jameson, Denver and Stanley went over and above to encourage and help the children to waterski and kneeboard. The beach was clean and the water blissful, I recommend sea shoes as there are sea urchins in the rocks. We took snorkel masks and saw some incredible fish. The children were never bored and between the watersports, trampoline, snorkelling and pools gave us adults plenty of time to relax with a book and a cocktail.

The food was excellent in all restaurants, Upper Deck was a great experience and possibly the best steak I've ever had. Jammers was our go to for a relaxed meal and drinks, and Olivia was super friendly and helpful. Angus was also very welcoming and our youngest was always happy to be remembered by name and with a fist bump! The breakfast buffet was a big hit, and we also enjoyed the Caribbean buffet and the fish fry night.

We took a day trip with Salty Joe from Salty Boat Charters, this was a great experience and we visited the mud baths and waterfall, had a lovely local lunch and visited two incredible snorkelling sights. Highly recommend.

I unfortunately tasted good to the mosquitos, and had bites which got infected. None of the rest of the family did so think I was just unlucky, I saw Nurse Julia and within an hour a Dr had arrived with antibiotics and creams for me, and I felt better within 24 hours. Nurse Julia followed up with a call the next day and always asked how I was when she saw me around the property - exceptional. I would say if your sensitive to bites take anti-histamines and repellant with you.

All in all I can't recommend Windjammer highly enough, it really does have a family vibe to it, all staff were friendly without exception and the facilities and food were outstanding.

Room Tip: The higher properties have spectacular views.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo S
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I held my wedding at windjammer landings villa beach resort and it was amazing. The wedding coordinator created everything I envisioned for my big day. The decor for the wedding was elegant and the staff was professional and efficient. I stayed in a villa at the hotel and it was the BEST stay I ever had yet. The villa was equipped with a hottub, full kitchen, spacious rooms and pool area. The environment was welcoming, the spa was a relaxing retreat and the food was delightful. I will definitely return for another vacation at Windjammers.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank malisaneptune
Reviewed 1 week ago

Celebrating birthday's and wedding anniversary. Must send a shout out to Lindin, my girl Tiara (Front Desk Staff), Marcellus Vidal, Michael Louis, Travis George, Jeff Joseph, Ronnie Alcindor and Angus Joseph for making our celebration one to Always Remember!

Can't forget the shuttle drivers... Always, pleasant and quick! They remember your name and villa number even though they have tons of customers assist.

Thank You Windjammer Staff for your above excellent customer service!

Room Tip: Villa is private with ocean views on the side of the mountain. Eat at Papa Don's and the Upper Desk.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ellisondeborah
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great resort with everything you need. Very friendly staff through out. As the resort is built on a hill side some areas are hard work to walk to. We were in villa 10 so was ok walking to and from the villa to the pool from our location. There are shuttles available 24 hrs but not if your wearing a wet swim suit. Aqua aerobic was great fun every morning in the main pool. Water sports were always available too. I don't think the resort was at capacity, which was good for booking evening meals. Ate in Papa Dons a couple of times, good service and menu choice, although very humid further up the hill. Didn't try the Upper Deck as we weren't on the All Inclusive plan and thought it was very over priced, in fact we didn't see many guests at all eat there during our stay. Lunch times can get busy, especially if there are rain showers, and lack of staff at Jammers on a couple of occasions lead to quite a long wait. Our villa was spotlessly clean, room was serviced every day by very happy, friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The outdoor plunge pool was quite scruffy and dated and not the cleanest, but as it was very small we didn't need to use it as we had the main pools. Overall, a wonderful family break and certainly somewhere we would return...
Thank you Windjammer for a lovely holiday!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sirjuesingh
Malantha, Executive Administrative Assistant at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and for sharing your experiences with us.

We are elated that you had a wonderful and relaxing family holiday here at the beautiful Windjammer Landing.

It was a pleasure serving you and your family and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Best Wishes!