2,936 results
All reviews papa dons upper deck plunge pool kids club all inclusive plan time share rodney bay hibiscus suite jammers bar banana boat dragonfly restaurant dragon fly water sports all inclusive option steep hillside st lucia shuttle service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

great resort food prices high great setting service was great transfer fee to high 90 dollars one way!!!great views from villas romantic get away would visit again One of the better resorts I have been to over the years

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank Pioneer698482
Malantha, Executive Administrative Assistant at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing St. Lucia and the Windjammer Landing for your romantic getaway.

It was a pleasure having you.

We sincerely hope that you join us for another Caribbean getaway in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friends and I booked the resort through RCI and after reading the reviews on trip advisor we were not sure what to expect when we arrived. We stayed a week in a one bedroom villa. It was beyond spacious and we even had a hot tub on our balcony. There were three of us and there was more than enough room for all three of us to sleep in the king bed comfortably. The views were stunning! We stayed in a Hibiscus Villa and were actually in the first building up the hill from the lobby, which was really convenient! It was the off season and not many people were at the resort so it felt like we had the resort all to our selves!! We were pleased with the food and drinks. I highly recommend the coconut ice cream and banana bread to everyone! The resort was amazing and we highly enjoyed our stay. They went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and enjoying ourselves! We did not do the all inclusive as we were very active and not always on property for most of the day. After seeing the other resorts on the west coast of the island via boat, we found that Windjammer was the best property. It was beautiful, it had an amazing beach, beautiful pools and the staff were friendly and went above and beyond! Unfortunately due to hurricane Issac (which did not even cause rain on the day it was suppose to) we did not get to enjoy the water sports but observed many others doing so. All of the equipment looked newer.
The walk ways on property are lit at night making it easier to walk the property if you are in the lower rooms. The shuttle was always quick and even took us up to the top of the property to experience the view one night! We loved our time at Windjammer landing. They are working on improving some of the villas and other areas of the property and I cannot wait to get back and see the upgrades! I highly recommend staying at Windjammer over any other resort on the island.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krista P

Hello Krista,

We are incredibly grateful that you and your friends chose Windjammer Landing for your getaway.

We are delighted that your experience with us was a memorable one.

Thank you for your remarkable review and recommendation, we strive to deliver amazing experiences at Windjammer Landing.

Thank you also for noting our villa improvements and upgrades.

It was a pleasure having you and your friends and we kindly await your return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love this hotel lovely clean beach food great staff friendly even the cats are friendly would recommend this to anyone singles, couples and families the Italian Restaurant is the best food, staff setting 5*

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison R

Hello Allison,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary!

We felt privileged that you chose to spend your anniversary with us.

We value your wonderful comments and recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you for another fabulous getaway in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I did a timeshare exchange with RCI for a one bedroom villa.

From UVF airport you will have a ride thats approx 1 hour and 20 minutes

Check-in: We were greeted with very little eye contact or enthusiasm. A nice touch was the cold towels and rum punch. The whole process was robotic and not very warm. The rep rattled details off quickly and quietly.

Shuttle service: This is where Windjammer shines! The nicest, most courteous and friendly staff ever! This complimentary service was perfect. These guys were quick and efficient! The hills they climb with the vans are crazy! They would get out and open the door every time!

Room: We had a full kitchen. There was no washer/dryer or dishwasher. We used the microwave and coffeepot(not a Keurig). Our villa had a plunge pool. This was unbelievable. We enjoyed having a private pool sooooo much. We had a big balcony and the sunsets were incredible.

Money exchange: They WILL NOT take american dollars unless they are CRISPY brand new. Our $20 USD had a tiny tear on the top approx 1/8 of an inch(hardly noticeable) but was declined by the front desk so keep your money ironed out and in perfect condition.

Pools: plenty all over - not heated but not necessary. It is so hot you need to get refreshed. We only used the pool on the lower half of Papa Dons (one foot deep) and there is a hot tub in that section as well. We didnt use the hotel pools much as we had our own pool.

Food: we did NOT do all-inclusive (thank goodness)!!! The restaurants were always closed! We were told you must make reservations for dinner. We thought strange as there were only 10 other couples in the resort. The reason is so they know you are coming and can staff the restaurant I guess? We went to Upper Deck one night as we were told closes at 10. We got there at 7:35----CLOSED. They just close if there are no customers. This happened at Embers too! They were supposed to close at 3:00. We went at 2;00 and they said "closed" UGH!!!!!! If we paid for all-incl. we would have been so so so angry!
Food was underwhelming. The prices are inflated due to importing food and trying to get as much as they can from the tourists.

Beach: The beach is nothing special. PLEASE pack water shoes! The whole bottom of the beach is rocks and sea urchins! There is a moss build up on the rock and makes the ocean looks more like a lake than a beautiful clear/clean beach. The water is very warm. One night when at Jammers, a huge section of beach had foam at the surface. Big clumps of foam it had a weird smell too. We have no idea what that was but I wouldn't swim in the ocean after that.

WiFi: free but HORRIBLE! this was a leisure trip but if I needed wifi for work I would have gone crazy! We could not get anything to download. We would get thrown off and have to reconnect on average 7-10 times a day!

Housekeeping: Top notch-exceptional! They made the beds each day, replaced towels and replaced coffee/tea creamers etc daily as needed.

Mini Marker: It was nice to have this on property. The staff was not friendly at all. We felt like we were bothering them each time we went in. The prices were higher than any place I have ever seen. The prices are in E.C but even with the exchange to U.S dollars we were shocked. We have traveled to St Maartin, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos, Italy, Aruba and Cancun and have never seen such a mark up on beer wine and chips.

In summary: I wanted to love this place but with the disappointing beach and lack of exceptional customer service (low season or not) actually, our experience should have been top notch as the staff had very little guests to deal with. They obviously can accommodate big groups and have been at full capacity so this time of year should have been a piece of cake to handle

I feel strongly that each person will like and dislike certain things at The Windjammer. I wish my review was more positive but it is genuinely how I felt. If it was incredible my review would have reflected that. There was a lot of room for improvement unfortunately.

Room Tip: A private pool is a must!
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank njtravelgirl03
Malantha, Executive Administrative Assistant at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Valued Guest,

We are incredibly grateful that you visited us at the Windjammer Landing and for being a RCI exchange member.

We also appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for highlighting the areas you felt could have been improved. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our management team will review these areas for further consideration and enhancement.

We are delighted that our shuttle and housekeeping service met your expectations.

Once again thank you for choosing us.

Please do come again!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I am a local, and I just needed to unwind for the weekend,in my own space. I went online, saw the pictures and lo and behold, just what I wanted. The Spanish / Mediterranean experince has always been one I looked forward to,in addition,separate villas,superb views,best beach... I got it all at Windjammer Landing. I will definitely be back again. I will recommend this resort to any and everyone who ask.

Room Tip: Spectacular views,excellent shuttle service,best beach
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank nel0918

Hello Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you chose to spend your weekend at Windjammer Landing.

Knowing that your expectations were exceeded gives us great satisfaction.

Thank you for your recommendation and kind support.

We look forward to your return.

Best wishes!