“excellent chilled out fun”
Review of Rendezvous Resort

Rendezvous Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“excellent chilled out fun”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed for 7 nights with my girlfriend and had a wonderful time. The staff were fantastic! deano (although a little cheat at beach cricket!!!) was one of the most fun entertainers you will meet and is kept in line by the dry humoured yarmi in a good cop bad cop relationship that never stopped me smiling. the staff behind the bar and in the restraunt were talkative and everyone seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Due to the small size of the resort i found you got to know them and them you and this made it very welcoming. There were lots of activities to get involved in if you wanted.
I would say there were alot of 40 - 65 year old british couples at the resort and although i am younger i found the atmosphere very welcoming. The garden delux rooms dont have tv's but do have a fridge and and ipod docking station which was actually nice! this hotel is for winding down.

I had a sports massage and this was one of the best i have had and my girlfriend enjoyed getting her nails done and various other procedures.

The wading pools/lazy river are a brilliant idea and if you want to be left alone this is perfect!

be warned tho this paradise is a 1 1/4 from the airport through some twisty roads.... if you have more money i was told you can get a helicopter transfer which has great views and takes 15 minutes to the small airfield next to the hotel ( 5 or 6 propeller aircraft a day fly from here)

Room Tip: garden delux rooms are on the ground floor and for the small extra charge id rather not walk up stai...
3 Thank james s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
astonvilla10
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Cannot fault anything. Will return shortly. Recommend a beachfront room. The staff are great, if you want to get involved in the activities you can do but no pressure. Food is very good. The beach is fantastic.

1 Thank astonvilla10
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 21 March 2012

A totally lovely resort in such gorgeous gardens with pools meandering around with small intimate bathing platforms dotted here and there. Rooms are spacious and pleasant although not as modern as the public areas which has obvioiusly been refurbished very recently. Buffet restaurant with cooking station was very nice as was the a la carte restaurant although as the hotel was fully booked it was rather hard getting a reservation in this one. Great food though so worth the wait although I would say the staff in there could do with a little more of an idea re their wine menu as upon asking he was no help at all, luckily I had already narrowed it down to two and then after he admitted he didnt really know and they were both good I ended up chossing myself.
Lovely beach furniture and excellent flag system for staying chilled and on your sun lounger and the lovely beach staff serving you drinks. Yes it is nex to a cemetary but it is really not an issue and yes sometimes you do hear the small light aircraft depart from the local airport (you are located at the end of the run way) but it really isnt a problem and certainly would not stop me returning to this lovely resort. Evening entertainment was good with excellent live music and a champagne bar with piano for late night drinks.

Room Tip: Poolside cottages are so peaceful and just a handful of them
2 Thank travel_happy22
Germantown, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Rendezvous is one of the better all inclusive resorts where I have stayed. This resort is quaint, as it only has ~62 rooms. The staff is one of the best I have witnessed. Evon on the bike tours and Pauline with the yoga classes are extraordinary. The buffet restaurant is probably one of the best buffets I have had. There are so many activities (all included) that anyone could find something that they would like, or lying around a pool or the beach is a great alternative. The staff encourages participation, but are never pushy.
I would advise travelers that this resort is heavily frequented by older couples (50+) and UK citizens. This was fine with us as it opened more activity time on with the motorized water sports and I love the British!

Room Tip: 1st floor ocean view suites are the best. We were upgraded to a cottage for 1 night due to overbook...
2 Thank Trent C
Derby
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at Rendevous for 10 nights, during which time we got married.
The resort overall is fantastic, really cannot rate it highly enough.
From arrival, we were greeted with a cold towel and cold drink, both of which were well received after the journey from the airport. We had a Verandah suite just by the Lazy River, which was great as it meant we had some personal space if we wanted it. The room itself was large and spacious, with a massive super king size bed and double shower. It was kept wonderfully clean by the friendly housekeeping staff who do an excellant job around the whole resort.
The Terrace Bar and Restaurant provide a wonderful setting, with open views out across the sea. The quality and variety of the food was excellant - there is always something being freshly cooked to order (I can highly recommend the omlettes for breakfast, the toasted baguettes for lunch and the grilled fish from the weekly BBQ night).
Every night has a theme - eg Thursday is Beach BBQ night, Sunday is Carvery night. Never struggled to find something to eat - the problem came from eating a little too much :). I would also challenge anyone to NOT try and work your way through the cocktail menu. My personal favourite was the Dark Cloud. Went down far too easily.
As for the wedding side of things, it really couldn't have been more perfect. Imagine a dream Caribbean wedding - golden sand, sunshine, intimate setting - and you've got it. We opted to get married in the beach gazebo as it was a little removed from the pool/sunbathers. Although we were only 20 yards from them, it could have been miles. The wedding co-ordinator Sandra was wonderful and really made everything so easy for us.
We met lots of couples who were on return visits, so that says a lot about the resort. During our stay, the hotel offered us 2 upgrades as they were overbooked. These were to LeSport and Cotton Bay Village. We opted not to move because of the wedding, but several other couples did. And they regretted it. They would stay at the other hotel overnight, but come back to Rendevous during the day because of the facilities on offer.
From chatting to other people, neither hotel was as good as Rendevous.
There were only 2 minor negative points:
1. The sea is quite cloudy so don't bother brining masks and snorkles. The hotel offeres snorkelling trips by boat elsewhere round the coast, and gear is provided, so really a minor issue.
2. When the message comes round about Mosquito Fogging, be prepared to stay indoors for 10-20 mins. It's a full on fog cloud that lingers for a while. That said, we weren't bothered by mosquitos in the room.

Summary - wonderful resort, excellant value, if we go to St Lucia again, we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

3 Thank SuzR_79
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We went to this resort for the first time. We were travelling with another couple that were recommended this resort by someone they know. We really enjoyed the resort. First off, when we arrived we were directed to the lounge area and were brought a tasty rum punch. We asked about wrist bracelets which we all expect to wear and were told they use them here, we were told "As soon as you arrive, we know who you are". I thought that was very nice. I would say there all the staff were quite friendly and helpful (with the exception of one cranky young woman that worked as a bartender - but later saw her come alive during one of the evening dance shows - obviously that is what she wants to do). You'll likely hear some complaints about the aircraft noise - I have to say it didn't bother me. There are occasions that a plane is loud and may drown out conversation but seriously that lasts 3 seconds and that might have happened 2 or 3 times during the entire week. The other planes are fairly quiet and you don't really notice them. Enough of that.
The food was quite good and I found there was a good amount of variety. The fish was really good (any kind, any day). Some guests went deep sea fishing and brought part of the catch back which kitchen cooked up for them and which they so generously shared with us. The Trysting Restaurant which is the only other restaurant was superb. We went twice, it really was great. I believe their menu changes on Weds for the week so if book early and late in the week you have the opportunity for the two different menus. We had the same menu and it certainly wasn't a problem for us. They also offer premium wines for a surcharge there or the house wines that are available at no additional cost. The wine menu was really good but we found that sometimes they are out of some of the items, again not a problem as there was a large selection to choose from.
The resort itself is not huge which appealed to us. There was no having to go claim a beach chair at 6:30 in the morning. In fact, you could get a beach chair at pretty much any time of the day - getting one with shade those tended to be claimed earlier on but still you'd find some free in the afternoon. Another bonus, you could have as many towels as you wanted and exchange them as often (or not) as you wished.
Each evening there was entertainment put on by the staff. I thought they did a good job and the shows usually last 60 to 90 minutes. We tended to go over to the Champagne bar and play cards with our friends in the evening. The Champagne bar is open until the last guest leaves.
We found that many of the guests were over 60 and was also very popular with guests from the UK. A huge number of the guests were returning after numerous previous visits to the resort (the record I heard was 15 but many were 5th or 7th time returns) - I think that says a lot about the resort.
The beach was nice and had a security guard - not that it was needed. The beaches in St. Lucia are public so anyone can use them, just the chairs, extra are reserved for guests. We didn't see that many people that were non-guests. There are not many vendors walking the beach trying to sell things unlike some places that I have gone to - I would say that is virtually non-existent there so that was also a nice feature.
Our room was kept immaculate by the housekeeping staff. I think I can honestly say it is the cleanest room I have had in a resort setting. The wifi worked great, didn't have any problems no matter where I was on the resort. I think I paid $20 for the week which I thought was a great deal.
The resort is couples only and they do promote this. We were there for Valentine's Day. There was an sunset excursion (full day) which was lovely. There was also a shorter cruise that didn't include the snorkeling, lunch, and volcano tour. I'm pretty sure that the shorter cruise was at no additional cost. I really liked this resort and would definitely return. It wasn't inexpensive so that might be a factor but I thought it was top notch.

Room Tip: A sea side room would give you lovely view. We had a room furthest from the beach and closer to the...
8 Thank Ontari0Canuck
kent
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We have just returned from our third visit to the Rendezvous . Some people would say that’s boring and unadventurous but if it ticks all the boxes for a a mid winter break why change, and judging by the number of people we met from past visits we are not the only ones who feel this way.
The Rendezvous certainly ticks all the boxes, a lovely hotel with super well serviced rooms to suit every taste, set in beautiful and well maintained gardens. right on the beach. There is a vast variety of food at every meal all of which is well prepared and presented .
The biggest selling point at the Rendezvous are the staff who are not only very very efficient, but also very welcoming helpful and friendly , this in turn generates a friendly atmosphere amongst the guests.
If you don’t have a good time at the Rendezvous, you are probably looking for all night discos, drinking competitions and similar entertainment. which you will not find..

3 Thank swimmerKent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
20.3 km away
East Winds
#1 of 12 in Gros Islet
2.3 km away
St. James's Club Morgan Bay

Been to Rendezvous Resort? Share your experiences!