This was exactly the vacation we were looking for and needed. You could do as much as you wanted or as little. There was no pressure from the Activities team to participate, but they still had enough activities to keep us occupied. The water activities (kayak, hobbie craft, tubing, water skiing) were available most of the time. The archery lessons were fantastic. The spa was a wonderful break mid week. We enjoyed a couple’s massage – the technique is not the same as I am use to, but it was very relaxing.
We are in the 40-50 yr age range and yes, the resort does have a lot of older couples, but we met with a lot of younger couples as well. There seemed to be a wedding everyday which was lovely.
This is a boutique resort with only 100 rooms - they were at about 70% capacity while we stayed so nothing was busy or queued up. We stayed in a Seaside Suite and would recommend those, our friends had a verandah suite and they enjoyed sitting out on their verandah first thing in the morning. The Seaside Suite is about 10 steps away from the main pool with the swim up bar where Glen took fantastic care of us! Each day they came around about 2 pm with cold cloths to cool us down - very nice! There are no tv's in the rooms, but we caught up on the news while we worked out in the gym. The equipment is good and they keep this area quite clean. There is a lounge area upstairs with a large screen tv if you really needed to catch up on the latest news or tv show.
We took the Wednesday snorkeling trip put on by the resort and enjoyed both locations. The resort gets you to the marine park early to get your snorkeling in before the boats start to arrive with passengers from the cruise ships. The water sports guys take really good care of you.
We walked into Castries from the resort (approx 25 min) and enjoyed looking around. We rented a taxi driver to take us around the island - much more economical than booking through the excursions for four people. We did the Pitons, drive in volcano, 2 waterfalls, stopped at a local eatery and enjoyed their Creole lunch, and a final stop in at Marigot Bay.
The sea can be a little rough in the area provided for swimmers, but we made the best of it and my husband and friends tried body surfing which made for some good laughs. Yes, there are several planes which take off from the airport daily , but seriously, it's only disruptive for about 15 seconds and then it's gone - not that big of a deal. The airport is about 75 min from the hotel; the driver on the way to the hotel was so knowledgeable that we were there before we knew it!
I can see why we met people on this trip who come back here for repeat visits. Every day when asked how I was - I was certainly fantastic, how could you not??? The people, the atmosphere, good food and drink - I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries