“Great holiday”
Review of Rendezvous Resort

Rendezvous Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a ten day break at Rendezvous- our first holiday without the children - and we loved every minute! As previous reviewers have said, the resort is not the lap of luxury but is a very good standard 4 star resort with a totally relaxed and friendly feel. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by all the staff- particularly those in the terrace restaurant who went out of their way to provide an efficient, friendly service and even remembering that we liked peppermint tea with breakfast so we didn't have to ask it just arrived!

We had a luxury beachfront room which was just perfect the bed was so comfortable I don't think I have ever slept better on holiday! The room was kept spotlessly clean each day and the balcony with hammock and small sofa was the perfect place to relax after a hard days sunbathing!

We met some lovely people there and developed a great rapport with three other couples whom we spent a lot of time with. We all had a day out at the sister hotel 'Le Sport' at the north end of the island which was also lovely although more contemporary and bigger than Rendezvous. The food at both resorts was great although I would say there was more choice at Le Sport.

We took a trip out down the west coast by open top jeep and back by catamaran visiting the banana plantations, waterfall and botanical gardens. we also had a rain soaked morning at the Rainforest!

I even persuaded my husband to have a couples massage a the in house Spa ( which believe me took some persuading as he is not a Spa kind of man!) he loved it so much we had another on the day we left!

What more can I say, a lovely holiday with some great friends, and having returned to a wet and miserable UK I wish we were still there!!

Room Tip: From listening to others and from our own experience the Luxury Beachfront rooms are the best bet.
2  Thank Annie L

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We recently visited for our 30th anniversary, having never considered an all inclusive or couples only holiday before , we were slightly apprehensive. However we enjoyed the whole experience, the resort is beautifully laid out and the staff are friendly and welcoming. We really enjoyed the bubbly hour in the champagne bar and dining in the trysting place. Breakfasts were fabulous and there was always a good choice at other meals. Although we were there during the Easter holidays , it was not busy and you could always find loungers around the pool or on the beach with out feeling you had to rush out early and grab them. Would recommend.

2  Thank JoySouthampton
Reviewed 22 April 2012

myself and my husband have just come back from a 9 day stay at the rendevous it is a excellent hotel staff cant do enough for you.food was ok.nice place to go and relax.the only negative thing is it is a bit to lovey dovey needs a bit more carrabean atmosphere on a evening not every one who visits is newly wed.overall st lucia is a lovely place must be visited but unfortunatly we wouldnt go back.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Clearly, Alan P and I have not visited the same hotel. I have never stayed at Butlins or visited Bennidorm, I have stayed, however, at any number of souless deserted 5 star hotels in my time.

Rendezvous is not the lap of luxary; it is a beautifully located resort on its own relatively quiet beach with a friendly welcoming atmosphere, plenty of soul at this resort. The restaurant, lounge and bar areas all front the beach, all the furnishings are of a high standard;This is a hotel with a truely lovely location and with wonderful discret staff.

The sunloungers are clean and comfortable as are the beds, the buffet is served from a seperate airconditioned room and the food is good to very good. The cocktails are caribbean and vary according to the bar tender. Top draw spirits are on show and available on request, I thought the 'champagne' perfectly acceptable. Please visit you will not be disappointed. My profile picture, by the way, is the view from my beach bungalow at Rendezvous.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank windycorner
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We picked this resort to get married in March 2012 and we were not disappointed at all.
All the staff were Brilliant, the food and drinks were top class as was our luxury seaview apartment.
Sandra, the wedding coordinator sorted out all the details after we picked the location on the beach, flowers and cake.
Everything is clean and tidy and 1st class.
It's a place that can be whatever you want it to be, from a quiet relaxing holiday to an active one if you want to participate in the scuba diving, sailing, water skiing, tennis, archery, volleyball and aqua arobics.
The evening entertainment is also good, make sure you book early for the Trysting restuarant as its very polular (steak is fab). Good thing is with it being couples only (no kids) everyone is pretty much in bed by midnight, so no disturbances (apart from tree frogs).
I've travelled alot and never been back to the same place twice but I would with this resort.

Room Tip: You'll feel spoilt in the split level luxury seaview apartment, big lounge area with fridge. Kin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GSXR1100
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Just returned from getting married here. Was perfect and everything we wished for. Sandra the wedding organiser is brilliant and made whole experience stressfree and couldnt do enough to help us.
The hotel is beautiful, well maintained and clean. The other reviewers who moan about the graveyard, well this didnt bother us, it is out of sight and actually who cares? it added to the character. There is a small airport nearby so you can hear the odd small plane take off but this wasnt enough to bother us either, again it was quite interesting.
The staff are lovely and the food good- although I would have like to see more fresh seafood on menu.
There is plenty near by to see and do, we did the catamaran trip where you go to the Pitons, Botanical Garden and mud baths as well as snorkelling. Was a great day! Eat a big breakfast before hand as I wasnt impressed with lunch provided (this is nothing to do with hotel by the way)

Back to the hotel- We are aged 29 and 35 and most couples were about our age range to the 60's bracket. A real mix. Certainly not a saga/Butlins holiday by any means!
The hotel is mainly filled with Brits and Americans but mainly Brits.
If you want a lively nightlife then this resort isnt for you, its intention is to be relaxing and chilled out. The pools and beach are clean and pretty. All beaches in St Lucia are public so expect to see a few locals play cricket and swimming, they dont bother you and are very polite and curteous to guests. (In any case there are security everywhere)

I miss the place very much and hope to see you all next year for our anniversary trip!

P.s Say hi to Steven the Barman- the most friendly, hardworking man at resort btw :)

2  Thank asadler
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Just got back from a week long stay at the hotel, and i can safely say we could not of picked a better hotel to stay at for our honeymoon. From the moment we got there and were given a cocktail and a nice cooled flannel to cool us down, to the moment we left, we were treated fantastically! We were upgraded to an ocean view room with a nice wooden balcony and hammock, and waiting in the room was a bottle of champers! The food in the terrace resteraunt was beutifull, we tryed the food in the tryst which you have to book and it was no better. Some people rated the food as average, i have eaten in some expensive resteraunts that were not a patch on it, and some of the best fish dishes i have ever eaten! The hotel is just to relaxing and romantic, but the true jewel is the staff who are great with you! Especially mini-me, deano and the egg lady!!

1  Thank BAGGIES1968Wordsley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
20.3 km away
23.4 km away
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
1.2 km away
Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort

Been to Rendezvous Resort? Share your experiences!