My husband and I came here for our honeymoon last November and it was one of the best decisions we ever made!
The food is so good, so very, very good. It is interesting, varied, well prepared and delicious. In the main restaurant there is a theme for every night (Caribbean, Italian, etc.) and everything was so very tasty! We loved eating out on the veranda under the stars. Also, I should note that we were very pleased that even though the main dining area is outside, it is smoke-free (very important to those of us with allergies or asthma)! Breakfast had everything from fresh fruit to omelettes to waffles to a full English, and lunch was a wide variety of goodies as well. I adored the lunch and dinner salad bar as well!
There is also a fancy (air conditioned) restaurant where you have to book your seating in advance, which we went to a couple of times (it was wonderful as well)!
Additionally, there there are snacks by the pool (nachos, ice lollies etc) in the afternoon, and afternoon tea as well!
The three bars are all fantastic and they will even bring the drinks to you at your beach side/pool side seat! There are a fantastic array of house special cocktails (including lots of non-alcoholic smoothies too), but they will make anything you ask for (and there is wine, beer, champaign, pims, etc, too). We loved to go to the nice cool air conditioned piano bar after dinner (felt like being in a James Bond movie)!
You are never forced to participate, but you are given every opportunity to join in. Pretty much everything you can think of is on offer. We tried a lot including water skiing, sailing, archery, water aerobics, beach chess, etc. and that was all free! We also went on a (pay extra) snorkelling tour and on a romantic champagne sunset cruise (both highly recommended)! We also spent lots of time just swimming, reading and lying about in the sun (or shade)!
The staff are so friendly! Really, they are amazing, and they actually seem to be having a good time themselves (which I think says a lot about the atmosphere at the resort). Everything is so clean and luxurious. As I say, it felt like being in the nice bit of a James Bond film, and we felt like movie stars the whole time. Unlike a lot of other all inclusive resorts, everyone is treated as an individual and there are no "classes" of guest, everyone is treated like special friend.
Also, we really like that it while there was lots to do and you could choose to stay up late (the piano bar, with live pianist, stays open until the last guest goes to bed), it wasn't a "party hardy" resort (we are in our 20s, but we aren't clubbers). Think elegant and sophisticated, not trashy and tacky!
And...there was always a place by the pool(s) or beach (because there is a lot of beach and lots of pools)!
So, overall, this was the best honeymoon we could possibly have hoped for. We had a chance to recover from the wedding and enjoy being married, really it was paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries