My wife and I stayed nearly a week at Villa Beach Cottages. The room was on the south side on the bottom floor. It was very quiet and peaceful.
The location is right on the beach. My wife and I opened the window to hear the waves all night long which we found restful and delightful.
The swimming at the beach was fine except there had been a hurricane and heavy rains which had washed a small amount of debris in the water but everyone said that it was very unusual and I expect that the swimming is great there now. The pool is rather small and more for cooling off than swimming.
Unfortunately there is no restaurant on the premise but there is a small place next door. The food was nothing special. However the owner, who is absolutely fantastic, will provide not only a map of the island and point out all the places of interest, but also a list of the best restaurants and the most delicious dishes served there.
The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a kitchen with everything, including a blender. The bedroom faced the ocean and had a nice balcony in front of the pool and the ocean.
From the Villa Beach Cottages you can get to all the places of interest on the island, although we found it more convenient to stay in the south of the island for part of our visit. I believe that the owner is also opening up a hotel in the south.
The hotel also has high speed internet, a small store, and excellent massage service. The staff will also arrange for tours anywhere in the island.
If you're looking for a luxurious hotel with fancy restaurants, entertainment and room service then this is not the best place, however if you’re looking for a comfortable, quiet place right by the sea with a very nice and helpful staff then I recommend the Villa Beach Cottages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries