We stayed at the VBC from March 8 through March 12th and was hoping the place would live up to it's Tripadvisor reviews. The VBC did not disappoint. From booking to checkout the staff, especially Nadia, Neva and Collin (owner) could not have been more accomdating offering advice and making reservations for us. Tip: let them make your dinner reservations as they often get the best tables. The property itself is well maintained as has good security. We stayed in an upper one bedroom deluxe unit which was very clean and well appointed. But the best thing is it's proximity to Choc Bay. The view from our balcony which is practically on the beach was stunning, especially the sunsets! I still miss having breakfast and evening cocktails out there. We even had a couples massage which was awsome.
We have been to many Caribbean Islands and I must say St. Lucia and the VBC are rated at the top. We do not stay at the "all inclusive mega resorts" because we like to exprience the Islands and their cultures so if you like the breakfast buffet thing, don't come to the VAC. But if you like to mix exploring with a beautiful relaxing home base then this is for you.
A couple of tips for what they are worth.
1- Do exprience some really good local food from the vendors located in the Supermarket plaza down the road.
2- Let the folks at the VBC book a snorkling trip for you through Dive Fair Helen. They will pick you up and take you down the coast to Soufriere where you will get to see the Pitons from the water and expreience some beautiful diving in clear water.
3- If you can, rent a car for the week and drive down to Soufriere, the drive is not for the faint of heart but it's worth it. Colin will tell you the best places to visit in Soufriere. Remember- Stay left.
4- Zip line thought the rain forrest. It's a blast.
5- Lastly, we ate a many resturants including the Coal Pot, Spice of India, Jacques, Dasheene and Buzz. They were all good but none were spectacular. Just my opinion.
To Colin and the staff at VBC- See you next year!! and thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Evoline ltd, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries