We were married at VBC on 3 December, 2012. We stayed there for a week after the wedding, then had a couple of days at the owner's other property - La Dauphine.
Firstly, the photos and descriptions of other reviewers are pretty consistent with our experience. The unit was perfect for our needs, the staff looked after us and we slept like babies listening to the ocean's roar every night. Self-catering worked for us but, as others have mentioned, it's a 10 minute walk along a very busy road to the supermarket, and the only walkable restaurant, the Wharf, is not fancy, although the food was good and Lisa looked after us well. We felt lucky to travel in quiet season when the weather was perfect but we had the hotel almost to ourselves.
We had decided to get married on our own in St. Lucia with no friends or family in tow. That said, we still wanted a special, memorable day with nice pictures to share. VBC's wedding co-ordinator Susan Mondesir, did a great job of ensuring everything was perfect for for us. Neva and Austin volunteered to be our witnesses, Patrick took some great photos, and all the VBC staff made us feel very special. We had a lovely day and a fantastic honeymoon. Thanks Susan, Colin and team!
After a week at the beach, we were a little reluctant to move, but we had booked our last 2 nights at La Dauphine so we rented one of the hotel's "jeeps" and drove down to Soufriere. We were so pleased we did! We stayed at the great house (123 years old, no AC, no TV, no glass in the windows!) and had a fantastic time with the entire property to ourselves. With fresh fruit from the gardens, 2 high-end restaurants right next door (Dasheen and Boucan), a gorgeous pool and terrific views of a Piton, we had a blast. Just don't forget the bug spray.
This was our first visit to St. Lucia and we had only TripAdvisor reviews to guide us on selecting a hotel for our special day. We had a wonderful time and would recommend VBC to any other travelers looking for a non resort location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries