8,024 results
All reviews sunset bluff butler service sandals regency la toc joe knows main pool our honeymoon butler suite pavilion restaurant piton restaurant cricketers pub st lucia piano bar two story private pool main building dinner reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visited this resort several times over the course of a week, while staying as a guest at Sandals Halycon, using the Sandals shuttle to get back and forth.

There is a shuttle schedule in the lobby of all 3 Sandals resorts so you can plan your day. We took a picture with our camera so we would always have one to refer back to wherever we were, since the camera always seemed to be with us.

During busy times, they were using more than one bus to accommodate all of the guests going between the 3 resorts. The buses were very nice - plan to bring a change of clothes if you are going in the water anywhere, as they do not appreciate getting the seats wet.

You can ask for a resort map at any of the resorts you travel between so you can locate everything easily.

At La Toc, if you wish to go to the bluff (where Armandos is) or Kimonos, part way up the bluff - a van will come every 5-15 minutes to pick up guests and bring you there or back...just wait right outside the lobby entrance.

The beach at La Toc was pretty rough when we were there. There were a few men in it, but they were getting knocked around pretty good, especially while getting in and out. It was fun to watch the waves but I would not have tried going in, although I am a strong swimmer.

I thought of the 3 Sandals resorts in St. Lucia, La Toc had the best restaurants. Neptunes was really good, we enjoyed lunch and dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed both meals - good food, good service, great view. We also went to Armandos for dinner one night, it was very romantic, good service, very ambient, but the menu was limited and the food was just ok.

We spent most of our time on the bluff enjoying the pool, hot tub and fire pits with a great view. Sunset from the hot tub here was awesome. Pool side bar service was very fast here too.
The entire resort looked very nice at night, with lots of nooks and cranies with fire pits and nice seating, which would allow you to find someone privacy and romance.
This was a very nice resort and although I prefer something smaller and more intimate, like the Halycon, I would stay here if a great deal was to be had.

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I will start by saying my husband and I are finicky, so take this with a grain of salt. This was also our first time at an all-inclusive resort, so we may not have known what to expect. The island of Saint Lucia is absolutely beautiful. It is a true paradise, with warm weather, amazing sunshine, lush gardening, and spectacular views. Our experience at the Sandals La Toc resort was also good, but not great. Please, don't get us wrong, the staff was amazing! Always greeting you with a smile and willing to assist at anytime for anything. Sandals should be extremely proud of whatever training they provide to their staff because they are fantastic. The dinners at the restaurants were superb as well. From Armando's to the La Toc Restaurant, and the Pitons, they all had phenomenal food! Dinners were the best meals of the day! One of our "dislikes" was that the timing of things didn't seem to flow well for us. Certain restaurants were only open during certain time chunks, some needing reservations, so your day ended up having to be planned around what time you would want to eat and where. By our last full day and night at the resort, we cancelled our reservation at Kimono's so that we didn't have to plan our day around being somewhere. The other big "dis-like" was that the drink options were somewhat limited in our view. With only two white wines, two red wines, two beers, and one rum (excluding the other spirit options) included in the "all inclusive package," after a week, these options start to feel extremely limiting for beer/wine/rum lovers. The rooms were okay, although a bit smaller than we had hoped for, especially when getting a room with a "seating area." The bathrooms were awful in size. There was only room for one person to stand and you had to make sure not to trip over the toilet. We are going to try one more all-inclusive resort in Mexico and then can better decide if all-inclusive packages are our thing or not. Again, this comes from a couple that worked in the service industry and therefore we over analyze things. I would say we would definitely go back to the island, but would consider a different resort.

Room tip: We had an "ocean-view room with seating area." I'd either go a few steps up from that selection or if you are trying to be on the less expensive side, maybe just stick with a garden-view room because it wasn't worth the money.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hello I am a local patron (Marguerite) who normally spends old years night at Sandals La Toc, however this year another resort in St Lucia offered a very exciting package which I am inclined to accept. I normally go with a group of 20 persons and once I contact the Sales team at Sandals and spoke to Ms Pearl Rambally who I had never met or heard of in St Lucia I immediately made my decision to once again dine with Sandals La Toc for Old years night. She was exceptional in her service and selling skills and even aftersales service as she did sort feedback. People really make a difference in service and I am proud that St Lucians like myself can deliver such high standard of service, in a courteous, humble and effective way. The other service personel at restaurants and bar were also exceptional. I must mention also that I patronize the Spa almost every other weekend and the ladies and also gentlemen there are exceptional in their service delivery from the Manager down to the attendants. Sandals La Toc is an example of exceptional hospitality in St Lucia.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed from Dec 22-Jan 3.

We booked room category OW, which is located in the Sunset Bluff, with a great view, but without butler or concierge services. We were in the "Self Service" category.
If your flight arrives late at night, there will not be Sandals staff to greet you. The taxi drivers will transfer you and then ask they claim at the hotel.

Dining
Food at LaToc is the best in quality and variety among all the Sandals we have visited (10). This is the only Sandals that i ncludes chocolate in most of their desserts. Also the only one who serves ice cream daily, at the buffet lunch.
If you want to drink coconut water, it is only available on Fridays at the Street Party.
One issue with dining is at holiday dinners, where the Pavillion staff takes forever to serve your dinner.
Because of the local terrain, you will see cats getting into the open air restaurants.

Beach
The beach at LaToc is good for relaxing but the water is rough. You will see only yellow and red flags due to waves and the uneven slope. You can bathe, but not swim as in a pool. There will be local residents, but they are very courteous and use the ends of the beach. Beach vendors stay in their areas and do not bother guests.

Facilities
Hotel faciities are well maintained. You will see staff working hard to keep the gardens, grounds, and buildings in good shape.

Sandals Select
The Sandals Select dinner is done on Thursdays. Each SSG couple receives a bottle of local rum. If you do not wish to receive the rum bottle, please let the SSG staff know.

Diving Program
The Dive Center is shared with Sandals Halcyon Beach and is located in a pier in Pointe Seraphine. For diving and snorkeling, you need to take a shuttle from your resort to the dive center. Two-tank dives leave at 8:20 and the single tank divers and snorkelers leave at 10:30, both returning after 1:30pm.

The instructors/divemasters are oustanding. They are very courteous, very patient, and go the extra mile. Night dives are on request ($80), and the "Dynamic Duo" (two wreck dives in a day) is $50. The first wreck in the Dynamic Duo is 104 ft, but the second one (60 ft) is the same given to other divers the same day for free, the only difference is that you get inside the compartments of the second wreck, while the free divers do not get.

If you take your dive gear, the dive center has a storage area for your equipment.

The dive trips are varied and the sites are great.

Overall Staff at the resort
The General Manager and his staff are very courteous, and customer-service oriented. They handled all our requests quickly and efficiently. We did not have either butler or concierge service, but they went the extra mile to give us the best service we have received in any Sandals.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank enatal
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We got married and stayed for an entire week staff really friendly. Wedding staff awesome. Every person you came in contact with friendly and really helpful . The restaurants were all very good I have nothing bad to say about our experience there . We plan to go back :)