“Wonderful Anniversary Trip”

Sandals Regency La Toc
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary at Regency La Toc and I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was. The islanders work very, very hard to make everything as special as they possibly can. They go above and beyond, making sure their guests are happy. The food is great, the accommodations are clean and well cared for and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. I have zero complaints other than some of the furnishings were a little worn, but, that happens over time and I am certain it costs a lot to import everything to the resort since the island has few resources, or so it appears. Some of our trip highlights were a romantic beach dinner that we paid a little extra for. It was the most beauiful dinner I have ever had with my husband. Well worth the little extra. Another highlight was going into Castries shopping. I learned, however, that it would have been better to go to the local vendors first to buy souvenirs as we hit the mall first and I spent a lot in higher end stores when I really would have liked to support the locals more and buy their wares first. But I didn't know enough. Now, I can pass along that wisdom to share with future travellers. There were many young honeymooners at the resort as well as couples getting married on the gazebo overlooking the ocean. Just beautiful! Thanks to Joachim for being so kind to us and making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: I cannot comment on the rooms as I only saw mine but it was fine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The resort was great very clean, friendly, and great for the price. All 8 or 9 restaurants were very good (shout out to all chefs). And lastly Janel at the sunset bar was amazing she was very professional and had a great personality and was always fun to talk too.:) Overall I have to give this resort 10/10 the only small problem we had was with the wifi in the room but it wasn't all that big of a deal.

2  Thank Jacob E
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the third time my husband and I have traveled to a Sandals resort, however, we had only visited Sandals Antigua. To our great pleasure, we found St Lucia to be even warmer and friendlier and particularly welcoming compared to our experience in Antigua(I have a review posted on March 2015).
We brought my parents along to celebrate my Dads 70th birthday as well as my 50th birthday and their 50th wedding anniversary. I talked up the Sandals experience to them so they had very high expectations and Sandals La Toc far exceeded their expectations. We were treated like royalty and will never forget this trip. It was priceless to witness my parents experience the vacation of a lifetime and I thank God that we were able to give this to them.
We stayed in the Oceanfront Two-Story One Bedroom Butler Villa Suite with Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub - BW it was absolutely fantastic. The view and privacy from the balcony set the scene for wonderful breakfast and listening to easy music with my parents right next door. The resort has many hills and could be daunting to the elderly and although my parents are physically fit and able they didn't always want to walk the hills. Our location was perfect in that we could walk to the main building without going up and down the hills due to the shortcut passed the Piton restaurant. Also, we were very close to the beach and restaurants and could not have had a better location. I have to mention that shuttles were always available for travel throughout the resort so the hills and size of the resort were never an issue for us. The food and drinks were great and the grounds were kept up very nicely. The spa was great and the couples massage was amazing if you like massages be sure to visits the red lane spa. We already booked our next trip to Sandals Royal Barbados and my mom is getting her sisters to come along and enjoy the experience. I must say Kudos to Sandals and its practice in superior service and outstanding resorts.

The people: First our butlers Delina (we nicknamed her Lady D) and Marcus who could not do enough for us. Every request was handled with graciousness and pleasure they made us believe that they wanted us to have the best time ever and WE DID!!! Their thoughtfulness included helping us move our room closer to my parents we were in 27 and moved to 31 to be right next door to 30 with the balconies facing one another(absolutely terrific). Arranging for private breakfast, wonderful dinner arrangements and service and publicly acknowledging us as special with all of their colleagues who in turn also treated us like Kings and Queens. Also, we did everything as a group and so the golf carts for transportation were not a quick solution for our butlers because they had to get two and have someone us to help them pick us up and drop us off. However, we had that happen several times throughout our stay because Lady D and Marcus were just that fantastic to my elderly parents. Although the butler experience is not cheap it's well worth the price - we didn't have to worry about anything on our vacation. Whatever questions we had or whatever we needed both Lady D and Marcus were more than welcoming and available to answer the questions and accommodate our request. Our housekeeper Fedora was excellent and made us feel like family. She took care of our needs and helped our butlers provide the best experience possible with wonderful surprises each night in our room. We have to mention Andy, Marcus, and Tyla from Sandals Loyalty and Travel who made our repeat guest dinner fantastic as well as our experience at the resort. The repeat guest dinner was complete with great food good entertainment, music and dancing and a way to donate to the Sandals fund. Our visit was during a time when the Caribbean was hit hard by hurricanes and although St. Lucia was less affected their effort to raise funds was outstanding. I had many opportunities to donate and used almost all of them with gifts in return to show appreciation. Job well done!!! The Sandals team also made sure we were enjoying ourselves and went out of their way to give us the royal treatment. Tyla informed Lance at Gordon's restaurant at the Grande that we were coming and to take care of us and he did just that! Natalie was fantastic at the cabana - my mom and I won a 1/2 day during the manager reception. She was overly attentive and took many pictures of us on the beach enjoying ourselves. Such a sweet girl my mom and I both took to her quickly like my daughter. All of the events and celebrations that we attended were great but they had many options for all so we didn't see/attend everything. All of the Drivers, service staff in all of the restaurants and bars were absolutely wonderful. Although all did not have over-enthusiastic friendly personalities they all were kind, thoughtful and pleasant to deal with. The entire team at Sandals LaToc created the environment that we needed to have an amazing vacation to celebrate our milestones.

CONS:
So because every place has a con or two for most people and I always write an honest and fair review here they are:
Second room (rm 31) upstairs AC unit seemed to work when we were not in the rm but when we were in it the room seemed hot. We primarily stayed downstairs in our unit and socialized with my parents in their unit so it wasn't a real issue. We mentioned it to the Butler and did feel a little different after it was looked into but it was extremely hot during our stay so that was a slight discomfort.
Also, the photographers didn't seem to be present everywhere like they were in Antigua so we didn't have a lot of different shots to choose from for our package. We would have liked to see photographers more present at the restaurant entrances and lobby areas to capture some of the memories of our trip so that we could include multiple days in our photo package. We always spend $300-$400 on the packages so it was a little disappointing this time because we didn't have many shots from different events.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Two-Story One Bedroom Butler Villa Suite with Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub - BW offers...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Theresa C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from resort which was our first trip to a Sandals experience. Staff were amazing and particular shout out to the staff at Armando where we were made to feel very special with thier attentive service, excellent food and great outdoor setting. You need to book all of your white glove restaurants at the various resorts well in advance as tables are limited. Tyla was particularly attentive as was Mervin in Club Sandals. A few criticism, we did find the pool noisy in the late afternoon with over exuberant Americans and were disappointed that the butler service extended to provide thier guests with pizza in the pool for lunch which is not particularly hygienic. We booked this resort particularly as we are keen golfers and brought our own clubs. Sadly the course is not anything like advertised as it's poor in quality, the greens badly maintained and given the amount of rain the island gets better drainage needs to be implemented especially on the 9th hole. Only played once due to our dissappoint with the course and caddy. The resort/clubhouse take a charge for the caddies yet you are also expected to pay the caddy a tip which in our case was not even met with a thank you or a smile from the caddy. A buggy, caddy and tip for 9 holes was $51 making it an expensive 9 holes of poor quality. Don't go with high expectations for the golf. We had a honeymoon ground floor with outdoor tub room as one of the newly renovated rooms which was great. The standard rooms are old and in need of upgrading. Overall the resort was good, needing upgrading in parts, however we did have a fabulous holiday and food was great as were the staff, that said; not a resort for the discerning travellers or for a romantic quiet holiday.

Room Tip: Upgrade from basic room as they are old and dated
1  Thank Goodfoodcounts99
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a week and it's more suited to Americans than British. It's loud, brash, in your face with constant games and competitions throughout the day and evening. Avoid Kimono restaurant if you want a quiet meal as they seat you on tables of 10, a chef cooks at the table and encourages constant whooping.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great time just didn’t fully trust the staff with our belongings in our room. Felt as if we couldn’t leave our room even with personal items in the safe. Most of the staff was great however and the resort was 4/5 stars! The food was excellent and the activities we could do were awesome as well.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank kwawmenomonie
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This trip was 24 years in the making and worth the wait. Beautiful accommodations; excellent restaurants; and amazing staff in a beautiful location. Just the right combination of relaxation and fun. Not a "party" resort which I appreciated but a lot of fun and entertainment available. So relaxing and fun--I can't wait to go back. The only suggestion would be to not go during the rainy season.

Room Tip: No elevators so if you have issues with stairs be sure to request ground floor if in main complex
3  Thank TravelChick0911
Jasmine J, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello there, thank you for your feedback of Sandals La Toc. We are happy that you enjoyed our resort, as well as our friendly and efficient service. We greatly appreciate you choosing Sandals as your vacation destination and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
17.4 km away
20.0 km away
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc? Share your experiences!