7,905 results
All reviewssunset bluffbutler servicesandals regencyla tocjoe knowsmain poolour honeymoonbutler suitepavilion restaurantpiton restaurantcricketers pubst luciapiano bartwo storymain buildingprivate poolred flag
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband and I had an amazing time at La Toc. Here is what we experienced and some tips

1.Travel - ignore the men asking to take your bags at the airport. They literally roll your bags 20 feet and then want a tip. They are NOT with Sandals. Also, the drive to the resort takes about an hour and a guy in our van got sick. If you get motion sickness, bring some meds! And don’t forget to tip your driver anytime you leave the resort! They are not with Sandals and the average income on the island is $300 a month per job, so they deserve a tip!

2.Butlers – totally worth the expense. We got a smaller room in order to afford the butler and it was the best decision. The resort is super hilly and the butlers will come and pick you up and drive you to wherever you need (there is also a shuttle, but you have to wait for it). Lola was our main butler and she was fantastic. She always saved us a spot on the beach, brought us a filled cooler, and even checked in on us and brought us drinks. We also had breakfast brought to our room every morning. I also asked Lola if we could do some appetizers and champagne on the overlook one night and she set it all up with a tablecloth, champagne, food, flowers, and painted “Mr. & Mrs.” on rocks on the table. SO SWEET!!! She also got us the best tables for dinner and always had them decorated. We also had another butler for half the time, who we did not get a long with very well (biggest downside of the whole trip). He scolded us for not bringing the cooler to him (we didn’t know we were supposed to), never brought us drinks or a cooler on the beach, and was not proactive. Felt like he hated us!!! However, Lola made up for it all and luckily we only had him in the evenings. Also, don’t forget to tip your butlers!!! It is recommended to tip around $30 a day and split it how you see fit between your butlers.

3.Rooms – We wanted privacy, so we did the honeymoon suites, which were farther away from the water. We had our own private pool and the room was super secluded and quiet (great for honeymooners!). Our fridge was always stocked because of having a butler and we have 24 hour room service.

4.Food – Best was La Toc the French restaurant. One of the best dinners I ever had! My husband loved the candlelight dinner on the beach the best. Drinks are not super strong, so you can have a lot and only get a little tipsy. The rest of the food is pretty average, but you will not go hungry.

5.Excursions – We did Joe Knows and this was a MUST! So much fun and it was great seeing the island. We also did Snuba, which was a great transition from snorkeling before diving for my husband. However, the drive to Snuba was almost an hour away and the actual excursion was about a half hour, so that was a bummer. We also spent a day at Grande, which was totally different from La Toc. It had much calmer water, which was fun to swim in, but the atmosphere was much more “spring break” like. I liked La Toc overall better because it was quieter and more romantic, but we had a lot of fun checking out Grande. The candelight dinner was also fantastic, so we would recommend giving it a shot.

6.Random tips – Bring adapters for any electronics (we forgot and they don’t sell them or have them on the property). Bring more sunscreen than you think you need because they sell them for $20 a bottle. The airport sells a lot of the same stuff as the Sandals giftshop for way cheaper.

4  Thank Emily N
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband and I traveled to this Sandals resort at the end of March 2018. We have been to 4 other Sandals resorts in Jamaica but this was our first time in St. Lucia. We also typically book the club concierge level, but we decided to splurge a little and booked a butler room at La Toc.

The ride from the airport took about 50 min on a Saturday afternoon. Neither of us had any issues with motion sickness like some have complained. I really enjoy the drive because it gives you a chance to see some of the island.

When we arrived, we were escorted into the butler's lounge where we checked in and met one of our two main butlers. We were lucky enough to be assigned Gilbert and Johnil (and Livester for the days Gilbert and Johnil were off). All of our butlers were very attentive and did anything we asked like it was no problem at all. I want to especially mention Gilbert. We felt he was always going above and beyond what we expected. He surprised us one night with special cocktails while he was taking us to dinner, and the next day brought us the ingredients from the bar in case we wanted to make them ourselves. We had told him we wanted to know how to make them so we could make it at home. It was just little things he picked up on, but it made the butler service extra special. Butler service may not be for everyone (sometimes it does feel like you have to check in with mom and dad a bit) but it was nice for something different. We booked a club level room for our next stay (in Barbados) but would not hesitate to book butler again. It's more of a matter of how much you are willing to spend on your trip.

The food at this resort was fantastic! We did not have one bad meal, just some we liked better than others. My favorite meals are a toss up between the sushi at Soy, the filet at LaToc, and the lamb we had at the returning guest dinner. If you have stayed at Sandals or Beaches before, make sure to go to the dinner. It was a fabulous meal and we had the joy of meeting and talking to Jesse at cocktail hour and Charmaine at dinner. The staff you meet at these dinners makes the trip even more special.

We spent most of our days by the main pool. It is the noisiest of the 3 pools but we like to have a little of a party atmosphere. The other 2 pools are very quiet if you are looking for a more low-key spot to hang out. We always asked our butlers to reserve us chairs at the main pool and we were able to look out onto the beach but still be involved in the pool activities. I was very surprised that the battle for chairs was not a big deal here (unlike some other resorts). We never tried to get seats on the beach, so not sure about there, but one day we did not reserve seats because my husband was going Scuba diving and I was having a day at the spa We were ready to hit the pool after lunch and found numerous sunbeds available. We even got 2 together under an umbrella at the main pool.

We did one excursion while we were there: the Pitons sunset cruise (we had a credit from our booking). This was a lot of fun! You're gone most of the day but you get to snorkel under the Pitons and the crew on the boat really knows how to throw a party.

My only disappointment with LaToc was with the entertainment staff. Usually we know the playmakers by name, see them everywhere, and enjoy them immensely. The playemakers here were rarely around. There would be events scheduled and then it never happened. One of my favorite things in Jamaica was always the beach volleyball every afternoon. At LaToc, it was on the schedule everyday, and for the first 2 days my husband and I went down to the volleyball court and no one else would show up, not even the playmakers. After that, we gave up and found other things to do. This is really the only blip on the radar for me (I wish I could give this resort 4.5 stars) but it was a bit of a disappointment.

Overall I would definitely recommend this resort. It was a good mix of newlyweds, young adults, middle aged, and older couples. We had great food, great butlers, and great views. We will likely be back again someday, but I want to try all the Sandals resorts to find my favorite :)

1  Thank Sara B
Reviewed April 3, 2018

We stayed for a week & had an oceanfront room with the best view from our room! It was well worth the upgrade fee. We were on the 3rd floor ;in the building facing the beautiful ocean, outdoor fire pits, and the gazebo with the waterfall pool. tip: The 3rd and 4th floor will not have any trees blocking your view. My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better place! The food, staff and service were amazing! The beach is beautiful with plenty of chairs, cabanas. Servers on the beach for beverages was a plus. We enjoyed daily The hobie cats for sailing. The beach is beautiful. The resort is very nice and we only ventured off one day to visit the sister resort (Halycon) for dinner at Kelly's and the food there was delicious and it's only a 20 minute free shuttle ride. We were happy we stayed at La Toc because the Halycon was smaller and way too quiet for us. LaToc is a great medium size resort with mountain. It is not a flat resort which makes it prettier with awesome views. There are 3 different pools on different levels of the resort with magnficent views from higher up. The sunsets are spectacular so make sure you hop on the property shuttle to see the entire resort especially to catch the sunset from sunset bluff. When you check in, be sure to make reservations at all their restaurants and you will not be disappointed. Have appetizers at one and dinner at another if you wish to. La Toc French rest. was fabulous and classy. The Sushi restaurants was also fabulous and casual. We also paid for the golf lessons and enjoyed that as well as driving the golf cart! We had scheduled free photo shoots and decided to purchase their large photo package as well as a video and loved it!! The photos are AMAZING! Our photographer was Troy and we highly recommend him. He was great to work with and even surprised us with a huge heart he dug in the sand with rocks spelling out 20 years. The manager in the photo shop Shanna was also a pleasure to work with and they both went out of their way to make everything very special for us. We had a private dinner booked in the high Gazebo overlooking the ocean and resort. My husband had made those arrangements and it was nicely done and the food was scrumptuous with a customized menu. It was so romantic and that night, they had a saxophonist playing in the main area and we could hear it. After the saxophonist, they had a country singer in the beach Gazebo playing and a chocolate buffet set up. one server named Shenattra was extremely friendly and she even took the initiative and went out of her way to suggest a different type of beverage for us since we don't drink alcohol. Every time, we saw her around the resort she was very friendly and helpful. The main dining room for breakfast and lunch had the most spectacular views of the ocean and the pool. The returning guests receptions was very nice and the food was fabulous. There are some other staff we would like to mention who were a pleasure and always friendly & helpful:
Agnes - omelet station.
Gianna Stanina- hostess & server
We were pleased with the Evening entertainment which consisted of a saxophonist/ singer/ band & fire limbo dancers. This was our 4th sandals resort. The Sandals resorts offer a lot and we were extremely pleased with Sandals La Toc!!!!

Room Tip: rooms in main building on 3rd or 4th floor. book the oceanFRONT!
Reviewed April 3, 2018

From the moment our group of twelve arrived to the time the shuttle bus take us to the airport for departure. Every special requests was met. We had such a good time that we
voted it one of our top vacation ever! They know how to treat clients like families! We felt pampered and cater to. Especially by the Welcome Back manager Othieno, he went above and beyond to serve this large group. My caddy Deselin is in training to be a Sandals Butler, I am sure he would be wonderful for that job. He was so tentative and soft spoken on the golf course, only providing helpful pointers, and not talk more then
necessary, to me that's so important, it shows professionalism.
A great manager Mr. Salvatore in Armando's restaurant meet our request even when it was off menu, so accommodating with a smile! All these staffs also enhance our experience and make it more enjoyable for the week: Jason, Marquis, Kala, Iran, Mervin and Patrick. A special shout out to Agnes at the omelet station, she is always cheerful!
Thanks La Toc team, we will be back 2019!

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2018

From the lounge at the airport to check out everything was excellent,On arrival we had an upgrade to two storey suit great room.Our room attendant Charlene was excellent kept our room clean and well serviced.Food was excellent and bar service the same.
We had a long chat with Wilfried the Food & Beverages Manager he was very pleasant and informative about the resort and the Sandals Family in general.Our first visit to Sandals but wont be the last