7,978 results
All reviews sunset bluff butler service sandals regency la toc joe knows main pool our honeymoon butler suite pavilion restaurant piton restaurant cricketers pub st lucia piano bar two story main building private pool red flag
Reviewed September 17, 2018

It was not much of a debate, I have always said we would visit, and have always wanted to visit a Sandals, just skeptical of the value. Bottom line, loved it!

So let me share our experience and perhaps lend a bit of insight in case you are on the fence of visiting or just want more information.

Sandals has a promotion called "777" and they post these deals every Wednesday, so once you have booked your room I would check these out, you just might save money over your original booking. We did, and it was well worth it, saved over $1600 from original reservation and were able to get a butler room. You can also sign up, with a butler room, with your reservation number to request special items you may want in your room, ie: certain spirits, soda, etc in your room. We had requested a mid day snack of cheese and fruit each day ( and chocolates each night) and sure enough, it was delivered each day. This was very nice to have if you like to go up midday and rest in the room.

Perhaps this is a good time to say thank you to our main butlers, Ms Delina, Ms Tana, and Mr Combie. Excellent service and a joy chatting with you, room 889. Mr Donovan and Ms Abra thank you as well.
Thanks again.

We took a private charter from the airport to La Toc, so if you decide to do this ( not taking Sandals shuttle) don't hand off your bags to the aggressive porters, just check in at the sandals lounge and let them know you have a private charter. And if you have any level of motion sickness I would recommend taking something for this as the road is back and forth and up and down, and about 45 minutes or so. The Last ten minutes it hit me.

Our room, sunset bluff one bedroom balcony with soaking tub butler level, had a very modern feel crisp and clean with the spirits we requested and a beautiful view from the balcony. A large sleeping area and very nice bathroom with a second soaking tub ( never used this) remember the balcony?! With the butler rooms you get a small, compact ( old school ) phone - loved it - for all of your whims and needs. Did not think I would use it much, but I did ( haha). The property is quite expansive, and our room was on the very far edge ( furthest from the main pool/beach-which we loved) You can walk it, but hey...
So, when did the phone and butler service prove to be a value?
- Walking - naw - butler will pick you up with a golf cart and take you down
- Reserving chairs at pool ( tell them the night before) all set.
- Make dinner reservations - you can do this prior to arrival also - once you sign up as mentioned above.
- Lunch, give them a call and they will deliver it to you ( as long as the restaurant is open) or get something from the room service menu ( 24/7 with a butler room).
- Room service and special dining on your balcony.

There are three pool areas, the main pavilion, the pitons pool and the sunset bluff pool. Pitons pool is very quite and small with no swim up bar or food during day. Neptunes and pizza restaurant is a quick walk down the stairs for food ( starts at 11:00). The main, well its the main one. Enough said. Sunset bluff pool is where we spent most of our time. Quite, nice size and great views, pool bar opens at 10:00+/- and Armandos restaurant and has pool tables off the pool deck.

The beach is nice but small, in between rocky outcroppings, etc. The surf is quite rough, but we did have a calm day as well. Just make sure you don't turn your back on it, especially when rough ( saw many ocean frolics end in complete wipe out, face in the sand, tumbling in the surf ( slamming into the surf) ouch endings. Still nice to get the toes in the sand.

Don't miss "white night" with its chocolate buffet, Reggae night and the beach party is not to be missed. Shout out to John at the Cricketer pub, excellent fish and chips and excellent service, karaoke night is fun.

So, as always listen to your wife, she is always ( most of the time) right. Enjoy the moment, the sunsets and remember your on vacation so don't sweat the small stuff. Please enjoy the photos I have attached as well.

Room Tip: The sunset bluff area cannot be beat.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brian A
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic holiday and Sandals staff were fantastic on arrival we were upgraded to a Club room, during my stay I was badly bitten on the eye the staff that look after th Club Guests couldn’t do enough to help also all the staff in the Cricketers Bar who helped me get the swelling down, food at all restaurant staff was first class if I have any complaints evening entertainment turn the volume down a few notches

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Been hoping to visit a Sandals for so long and now glad we did. Chose La Toc following reviews and glad we did. Long review but hope it helps.
On arrival at airport go through big brown doors marked Sandals,don’t bother with porters,it’s literally just through doors to private reception room. Cold drinks and cool towels appreciated.
1 hour journey to resort,drivers not employed by Sandals so they expect a tip.
Check in quick,credit card required for ‘breakages’. Journey ok,roads are a bit twisted but nothing serious.
Room in beachfront,very nice,good view,fridge full of drink,pop and beer. Spirits with free flow spouts in room too. Lovely walk in shower, tv with limited channels. Safe, bed comfy,air con sufficient.
Beach nice but sea choppy,we had mixture of flags.
Pools,main pool very noisy as day progresses and alcohol affects some more than others. Pool next to pitons restaurant is nice and quiet though limited drinks service. Sunset pool best all round,pool bar,great views and peaceful.
Played golf,course ok,nothing to write home about, greens bumpy,my caddy Joe good company.
No complaints about the food,we loved Kimonos,chef James was funny,interactive with guests and food very good. Ditto Armandos and Neptune’s. Nice food. Did lunch at Armandos,best view whilst eating. La Toc was worth the reservation,service and quality very good. The Pitons was also worth a visit,again good mixed menu but here lay probably our only negative,the front of house,Michelle,we found her to be surly and quiete rude. No customer interaction,whilst waiting for your table at the bar next door when it’s ready she just opens door and shouts.
Drinkers are well catered for,local brew decent in bottles but like most all inclusive served in plastic glasses during the day. The cricketers was probably my favourite,bottled Stella and brown ale as well as,like all bars,branded whiskeys,vodkas etc. Not a wine connoisseur so can’t comment on the vino. To finish a massive shout to pool/bar drink service Ella (with my Stella). Brilliant attitude ,fun and friendly,and a credit to both Sandals and herself.
Didn’t bother with a butler,can’t see point but each to their own.
Would love to return to La Toc one day,expensive but worth it IMO.

2  Thank Gracie42
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We arrived for a week's stay and after a long flight from Wales in the UK we weren't disappointed. We booked club level which wasn't as fancy as Butler but were ushered straight into a cool and beautifully fragranced lounge to check in, complete with a welcome glass of champagne. A lovely young girl then showed us to our suite which overlooked one of the pools (the quieter one) and had a stunning ocean view. The balcony featured the tranquility tub which was luxury to sit in with a cold drink while watching the sun set. The minibar was restocked daily, however we did have to ring down once or twice for missing items which wasn't an issue for them at all and everything we requested arrived more or less straight away. We ordered breakfast and lunch whilst there from room service and both were freshly prepared and delicious. All restaurants we visited were great, in particular Soy which we visited twice. Lifts up and down the resort (if you didn't have butler service) were regular, every 5 minutes or so and all the drivers were friendly and lovely. We went on one excursion whilst there (visit to the volcanic mudbath followed by the waterfall) and the guide, Jason, was polite, informative and happy to take endless photographs. We spent lots of time relaxing by the pool (spotless) and marvelling at the beautiful plants, flowers and wildlife. Just what we wanted and although we were approached by several staff offering lots of extras, it didn't feel intrusive and no one put too much pressure on us once we explained we were just happy to be there. Would I recommend them? Yes. Would I visit another sandals resort? Yes. The only bit I didn't like was leaving. Thank you to the entire team for a truly memorable stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lucy P
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a week at La Toc. This was my second time here. I loved the resort the first time but I noticed a few down side this time around. The first thing was the entertainment was lacking. It was okay but three years ago it was fabulous. Same with the pool entertainment. No one took drink orders around the pool like they use too. They were out of mint for mojito’s the first few days.

The Restaurants were not open every day. But we did not have a problem finding something else. The Soy and the French La Toc where our favorites.

The room we booked was under construction so we were upgraded and our room was beautiful. Our maid service was bad. She never refilled the coffee in the room and rehung our dirty towels. I had to call the front desk almost every day to get something but they would bring it up with no problem.

We still had a blast and enjoyed our stay. We even booked another Sandals. They took beautiful pictures of us. I just wish they would sell a lower package then 10 pictures for $180. We bought a few for $20 each. It would be nice if they had a special price for five pictures.

Only mention these negative things because I want Sandals to fix them. But I still love Sandals, but will not return to this resort again. It went from a 5 star to a 4.

1  Thank laurar814