7,984 results
All reviews sunset bluff butler service sandals regency la toc joe knows main pool our honeymoon butler suite pavilion restaurant piton restaurant cricketers pub st lucia piano bar two story main building private pool red flag
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Last week Oct 11 thru 18, 5 couples along with my sister and I vacation at the Sandals Regency La Toc in St. Lucia what a fantastic time we all had. The resort was amazing the staff (Cameron, Ray, Amanda, Varanette, Joy, John and Joel, Alysha, Amil and many others) were friendly, professional and fun. The resort was clean, food was great and again srvice a 10. The weather for the week was good too even though it's hurricane / rainy season. Our visit to the sister reaorts Grande and Halycion were also great. The beach at our reaort was a bit rough but warm and beautiful, however the beach at the grande was much much better. We did an excursion (land and sea) with Joe Know's was the absolute best from the boat ride to the mud bath at inactive volcano to the waterfall, snorkling on the reef) best best tour recommend you try. Having to great of a time to have phone with me so no pics to share.
Only disappointment is no Tips aloud at Sandals to really express our gratitude of what a extreme job each of them do everyday.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sandals La Toc is a great resort. I recently stayed here for my honeymoon in July, and my husband and I both loved it. It was a great honeymoon destination. La Toc provides the perfect mix for couples who want to be social and meet people but who also want privacy and alone time. We arrived on Tuesday and left the following Wednesday which gave us a good opportunity to see the resort and the country both during the week and the weekend.

We had a first-floor room by the main pool that backed into the garden that's not too far from the Spa. This location was private; no one except the staff and the couple in the neighboring room walked in the back. Outside, we had a private tranquility soaking tub that was cleaned daily. Inside, our room was beautiful and spacious. The room has a fully stocked bar and mini fridge that is restocked daily if needed.

I read other reviews from other guests that mentioned that their rooms were not clean. This was not our experience. During our stay, our room was cleaned twice a day. The only issue that I noticed were lint balls from the large rug underneath the bed; however, the lint balls were unavoidable due to the material of the rug.

Because this is an adult only resort, they are really invested in couples having a romantic experience. The resort has photographers stationed by the pool and beach area encouraging you and your spouse to kiss or pose for photos. Beware: a single photo is pricey if you decide to buy the prints. Also, there many activities geared toward couples such as wine tasting events or game nights. The first night we were there, there was a beach party with a large food buffet and fire entertainment. If you don't want to do any of the events, you can always skip them.

The resort has about 9 different restaurants. One restaurant in particular, The Pitons, has more local cuisine such a roti and curry which was good. Our favorite restaurant was Armando's because of the view and the excellent chicken parmesan. Almost everyone we met that dined there mentioned the chicken parm. There are two restaurants that are reservation only. Upon your arrival, the Sandals staff reserves them for you. The only drawback to the outdoor restaurants is the stray cats that linger around.

If you researched St. Lucia, then you know that it’s a mountainous country. La Toc’s location is hillier compared to the other Sandals resort. Just an FYI ladies who plan on bringing high heels. The resort does provide shuttle service to restaurants that are on top of the hill and for couples staying in the cliff side rooms.

The attire at the resort is casual with the exception of one of the restaurants that requires more formal attire.

One of the best things about La Toc is the staff. Everyone was friendly, sociable, and helpful. The staff by the pool often joined in the games with the guests. When we arrived at the airport, the airline misplaced my luggage and said that it would arrive the next evening. When I got to the resort and mentioned that to the staff, the ladies took great care of me. They provided me with a toiletry bag and helped me pick out an outfit at the gift shop. We did not have one negative experience with any staff member.

If you have time, get away from the resort for at least one day, and actually see the country. The Sandals staff can help you books tour, or help you navigate your way around the country if you decide to rome around. While on the La Toc beach you will encounter locals who work for sight-seeing companies. If you meet a guy with the nickname Hot Chocolate, go with his tour company. My husband and I did his boat tour with 2 other couples, and had a great time. When booking tours outside the resort, be sure to research the company before paying.

Finally, because Sandals offers free shuttles to other resorts, my husband and I were able to visit the other two Sandals resorts: Grande St. Lucian and Halcyon Beach. Because the location of each resort is different, there are definite pros and cons to each. The Grande St. Lucian is geared toward couples who want a more active and social experience, while Halcyon is more suited for couples who desire more remote location.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this resort and would recommend it to other couples.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Petra P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All reviews are purely opinion of course and this one is no exception, but I hope as it is written from an unbiased viewpoint, and from a couple who desperately needed a little piece of tranquility and calm for 10 days, it speaks out with justification to what is contained in it........

My husband and I visited Sandals La Toc for a special holiday in celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary, and for after a couple of long years with much going on we really needed a peaceful break.

We flew BA arriving at the airport in St Lucia to a fairly well organised greeting. Sandals have their own welcoming committee and a room where you wait for your bus or cab to take you to your resort. The friendliness hits you from the off. La Toc is around an hour's drive from the airport, sometimes longer depending on traffic, and the journey takes you on the one central road through the Island so be prepared for windy roads through the variable stages of a happy island that prides itself on its banana plantations and greenery. One of the more lush islands in the caribbean St Lucia is less populated than some of its neighbours albeit the townships tend to be in clusters by bays. Definitely seated into one of the brighter and unspoiled areas, La Toc is well positioned, not too far from Castries where the main local shopping area is. Depending on what you like to do though you may find yourself not really needing to leave La Toc, but it is easy enough to hop from here to one of the other Sandals resorts.

Halcyon is the smaller of the three, then La Toc and the Grand St Lucian has the longest beach and widest position.

With the luxury of being able to hop on the complimentary shuttle from resort to resort, it feels like experiencing more than one holiday. I liked the Grand, and admittedly there are more restaurants and facilities there than at the others, where they are perhaps a little less spread out than at La Toc. The beach is far wider at the Grand and because of the expanse of it, and its few steps from the pool and bars onto the beach, it does feel like you are part of one expanse, where at La Toc you walk down the steps and beyond the wall onto the beach and you do feel a little like you are a world away. That said I loved that about La Toc, and each morning a wonderful walk on the beach as the sun came up felt like total freedom.

Sunrise is really something else here. And maybe because of the time difference and body clock and maybe because its so lovely you don't want to miss out on anything through the day, you find yourself by the pool or in the gardens looking out to sea and listening to the waves, feeling so very lucky to be able to experience it all. However stressed and troubled you are when you arrive, it doesn't take a long time for your surroundings to ease away pressures and strains.

There are so many things that I could say of the loveliness of this place, albeit by far it is the passion and desire to do it all so well that makes me speak to Sandals and their team here at la Toc so special. Each morning I would venture out to sit under the gazebo or by the pool looking out to sea with a cup of coffee from the machine (which is on in the restaurant 24 hours a day) and watch as the sun rose and the sky turned the most piercing blue. Each morning I would be greeted by water sports and leisure manager Raymond, who despite his executive post would be there first thing to ensure everything pool and beach side is absolutely immaculate, brushing, cleaning and mopping round to perfection. Raymond's knowledge on the Island, the cultures, the history of the hotel and the Sandals brand is tremendous, and he and his team's passion to make every minute of the day enjoyable and happy for the guests is so very impressive.

We have been lucky enough to have holiday'd on other Caribbean islands, but this one really does feel the most relaxed and safe, and it is so very pretty, and calm, it leaves you feeling at ease and happy.

Yes, the restaurants are spread out and one or two are on the hill which yes, is steep and isn't for the unfit, but for those who enjoy a nice stroll to work up an appetite it's actually great.

Breakfast at either the Pavilion, the restaurant by the pool from early has a grand choice with lots of fresh fruit and hot options as well as the usual pastries and breads, oatmeal and pancakes etc. As with all Caribbean islands there are some amazing and beautiful birds who have made their homes around and about the hotel so yes, you do get them swooping in from time to time to share your breakfast, but I am a massive animal lover so I love that, and would take some food to feed them up the hill anyway. It doesn't trouble me, but if you don't like birds, you might want to try somewhere in the world where they don't tend to stop by. You can also sample breakfast up by Armandos the italian restaurant at the top of the hill, and they do a beautiful evening meal or mainly traditional pasta, meat and salad dishes. To be fair however, everywhere in this resort asks of your dietary requirements and if you want something made special they are only to happy to do anything for you.

Most things are included, and while there are a few things you will need to budget for, like the professional photographs (these can be quite expensive so be careful), things from the gift shop, spa treatments, golf buggy and club hire, in the main what is included is very good quality by comparison to other "all inclusives". The wine and sparkling wine is really good quality, and if you are in one of the club rooms, you have your very own bar with great quality spirits and wines and soft drinks that are restocked every day.

I loved being in one of the club rooms at ground level which face out to sea, not least because it is just so handy, and we sat out at our table most nights with a beer to watch the sunset before we ventured off for a walk to one of the restaurants. The other great thing though about these rooms is that you can order food and drink at any time through the day, so if you are a bit jet lagged or tired out from hiking up the pitons, chill out in a robe and sit out listening to the crickets with room service! Just remember you will need a bit of bug spray - it is a tropical climate after all and it wouldn't be as fabulous as it is without the livestock so make sure you take your repellent. It isn't the worst place for mosquitos though so don't panic too much. The shop has literally everything in stock and they have thought of everything so you won't need to venture out unless you absolutely want to.

To my final part in this review, saved until last because it really is for me one of the most wonderful of many things at this beautiful resort; The Sea. I have to confess I love the sea, and love swimming so it may be I am a little biased here. However I don't fair well with a dirty sea, or lots of creatures all over the place, a black seabed filled with urchins and sea snakes, so coming here was an absolute added bonus as it really is the bluest of seas I noted of all the Sandals here on St Lucia. I swam about 4 to 6 miles every day all in all, and never got bored. There is a lot to spy on around the bay that La Toc sits on, some gorgeous privately owned homes that obviously belong to some very lucky and hard working people. It is a grand feeling to swim out and look at them all, imaging what it must be like to life there and walk out to such a magnificent view every single day. Beware though, apparently in hurricane season, Raymond and the lifeguards will close the beach and stop you from swimming because the currents become so scary strong. They are doing this for your good though, because no matter how strong a swimmer you may be, the waves start to crash over the wall and into the pool on a bad day, so you don't want to be caught up in that! To be fair though, that is not common and you get plenty of warning. There are other pools darted about the resort so its not a problem, just hit one of those, or choose that day to venture off to one of the other resorts, where the waters tend to be a little calmer generally. I must say though, when it is calm, the Sea and bay at La Toc is one of the nicest I have experienced, and great exercise to burn off all the food and drink you'll enjoy during your stay.

Dislikes? I'm not sure there are any. I'm sure some of the most particular of guests with more extensive needs will have some, but for us, it was a truly wonderful 10th Wedding Anniversary Holiday, a lovely experience with lovely staff, lovely food, lovely gardens, a lovely atmosphere, lovely other guests, and for us, a lovely memory.

We hope to come back some day La Toc!

x

Room Tip: Club Level facing out to sea
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rebeccasmithbains
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can’t say enough nice things about the staff and the resort. We stayed in Room 12 Sunset Bluff Club Level Suite. The view was truly amazing. We also could watch the sunset every evening, just a few steps away. The pool across from us was quieter than the main pool and right next to a great a la carte breakfast restaurant; Armand’s. Loved the swim up bar and the views from the pool. There was only one day that they played loud music which we could have done without. Around the bend was a quiet area with seating that overlooked the bluff where my husband and I would sit with a bottle of wine and glasses which were frequently replaced in our room. Our favorite restaurants Soy and Kimono’s were also a short walk away. These restaurants are incredible! I can’t tell you how happy the staff seems! They’re all genuinely happy to work there and they are so welcoming! I can’t say enough nice things about them. Our kimonos chef Nathaniel was hilarious. There’s also another smaller but very quiet pool by the Pitons restaurant that we went to and loved. Btw Pitons was also extraordinary - a bit warm but the staff was also lovely. Right next door is Herbies piano bar and we loved that they had a steel drummer one of the nights. We sipped margaritas while we listened to him play. The Caribbean night was amazing!! The entertainers especially the fire breathers were incredible! We had one complaint during our trip. We misunderstood the dress code for the La Toc restaurant and my husband wore dress shorts instead of pants. We were at Beaches in July and didn’t think it would be a problem. We were disappointed that we were turned away. I sent a note of our experience to the resort and were immediately contacted by Ravin. He went ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure that the remainder of our vacation was nothing less than perfect. He genuinely cared that we didn’t feel good about that experience. Words cannot express what a gem he is. There aren’t people like him left in the hotel industry. We have stayed at Beaches Turks and Caicos, Four Seasons Resorts etc... and he is by far the most impressive, empathetic, attentive and genuine professional that we have ever encountered. You would have thought he owned the whole sandals chain because of how invested he was in ensuring that we loved our stay...little things matter and service is all in the details. Thank you Ravin!
We will definitely be coming back and recommending this resort to all of our couple friends!
We felt like we were on a second honeymoon
Thank you Sandals for making our vacation so extraordinary!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first stay at a Sandals resort, after researching we chose St. Lucia La Toc for the beach and lively entertainment. This year my husband and I turned 40 and we hit our 9th wedding anniversary, we have 2 children and were in need of an adult only vacation and much to celebrate. Coming from Long Island, NY our day of travel was long but the airport had a very nice "Sandals" only area where we were greeted and checked in with a beautiful waiting area before our shuttle came to pick us up. The shuttle ride was long but as you know if you researched many have commented on this. If you can afford the helicopter ride vs. the shuttle lucky you as it's maybe a 15-20 min flight...but check out that fee $$$$. When we arrived to the resort we were dropped off at the Butlers Lounge where we were greeted with smiles and rum punch (yum!) and were checked in, from there we had our own butler bring us to our room via golf cart. The resort is clean, butlers and staff all very friendly and helpful. Although we had butler service we didn't use it as much as I thought we would, except for 1 or 2 nights that we needed a ride to our restaurant. This resort has many hotel rooms and types. Do your research before selecting a room. Although only 40 my husband and I don't work out every day and we had a hard time with all the steep stairs leading up to our particular suite. We could have called our butler but didn’t want to every time we went from one area to the other. When looking at this resort consider where you want your room to be. There are rooms unlike ours that are closer to the main center of things (lobby, pool, some restaurants) but with that you have to consider the noise that all those things come with when you want to rest in your room for a nap or night time. Our room had its own pool which was a nice touch, but it didn’t get much sun and was freezing so we only went in it 1 time. Frogs....FYI there are these cute little frogs that you can't always see but boy can you hear them at night....very loud!

CATS & WEATHER: If you don’t like cats, than this resort is def not for you. There are cats literally walking all over the resort and thru the resort unless you are inside at Armando’s or La Toc. I love cats so it wasn’t an issue but I could see how it would be for others. Also if you love AC and suffer from hot flashes, the only time I felt cool was in our room. Yes, I know we’re in the Caribbean but at dinner I was expecting to feel a little less sweaty and welcomed the AC. Our stay was in October so it was warm but it rained every day and it was overcast most of the time but we still got in some rays. There is more than one pool which is nice but if you want a chair on the beach you have to get out early or request from your butler. A perk from what we noticed was that it didn’t seem buggy so that was good!

FOOD, the food was ok, not overly excited about it where I thought I’d be pigging out. Our butlers made reservations for us at La Toc and the Hibachi place, which was very good, only down fall was that they were at 8 and 9pm and we couldn’t get an earlier time. You are not able to make reservations prior to arrival. Neptune’s was good for lunch as we enjoyed their burgers, veggie burgers, quesadillas, etc. They had a pizza place that was very tasty and a good old me over before our later dinners. Every morning we went down to the buffet but being that the food was not covered and we were outside I didn’t indulge in the fly covered fruits and such.
ATTIRE: this resort was very low key and casual which we liked. My husband wore shorts and collared golf shirts and I wore nice shorts with pretty tank tops or sun dresses to dinner. Breakfast and lunch most are in their bathing suits with cover ups. I think La Toc was the only place that they mentioned a bit more formal attire. Ladies I do not recommend any kind of heels on this vacation, I had on pretty flat sandals and I did bring a pair of wedges but with the crazy stairs and hills heels would have been a death wish. Also, as I mentioned earlier we did get rain every day that we were there and it was pouring rain so that’s another hazard when wearing heels. If you like to drink, the bar tenders are friendly and not shy to the alcohol serving. We had top shelf liquor in our suite as well, by the bottle and name brands. You def can’t go wrong with this resort if you enjoy drinking; you will get your monies worth!
PIC TAKING, EXCURSIONS. ETC: Photographers, they are around often to capture your days and evenings which is fun, no charge just check out your photos before you leave and you buy what you want. We didn’t do any excursions as we had no interest on this particular vacation but there’s many to choose from which is nice. We are usually go go go with our boys on most vacations so this one was a chill out do nothing kind of vacation. We didn’t take advantage of the spa either but I did see many couples getting private massages overlooking the ocean so I kinda wish we indulged in that.

ENTERTAINMENT: during our stay we only noticed one evening where there was music playing and people dancing around, this was a Thursday late evening. When I asked what nights are the most entertaining and dancing I was told Thurs, Fri and Sat evenings….our trip started on a Sunday and ended on a Thursday evening so we didn’t really get to dance which I was hoping to do. Don’t hold me to this disappointment as we were back in our room by 10-11 as we didn’t search too much.

Overall this was a good trip; we spent quality time and relaxed which is what we needed. My husband and I agreed that we would not come back to this resort and question if we would go to another Sandals in general the future.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple