All reviews guest house close to the airport castries airport separate kitchen common room st lucia merlyn stopover island caribbean
Reviewed March 1, 2016

You feel at home staying here, and can get an airport pick up for the 5min drive. this is a good choice for an overnight or a base once you have a car to move around. room was very very simple but fine for me. i would stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed February 23, 2016 via mobile

I wish I had more to say about Case del Vega. We arrived at 9pm off the ferry from Dominica and left at 7:30am en route to Soufriere.

So if you are looking for a quick overnight place to stay as a layover. Don't stay here. It was a longish taxi ride from the ferry. Not worth it.

However, I can say I wish I stayed longer. The view was amazing, the rooms clean and comfortable, the people really nice. I think we would have been happy here for a longer stay.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2016

I would like to start by thinking each one of the staff !!!! I am so grateful to have found this place to stay.

At first I landed at the Hewanorra Airport and I stayed in the south of St Lucia in another guesthouse. I wanted to go home after the second day.

Then somehow, after many tears and prayers, I ended up in Casa Del Vega!

Being a hotel management student, and an experienced hotel worker, I got to say WOW ! The care and the personalized service I received left me speechless! The hotel owner along with her grand children knew I was alone and they gave me extra care! It made me sad to leave!

The guesthouse is very well kept; the rooms are very clean and spacious; the restaurant is spotless and has an amazing view; everything around the house is tidy; and not to forget my favorite spot: the lounge which has this indescribable view of the sea.

The food in the restaurant is delicious and the girls working up there are so sweet and caring towards the guests. I will NEVER forget them!

The owner was always here for me when needed, even when I had booked a tour, she gave me a ride to where the boat was waiting for me. Again, I was overwhelmed by the care! Thank you soooooo much!

I have to say, this place is amazing! Not to forget the safety I felt when I was there! I recommend everyone to go there and especially young women traveling solo! They will take care of you until the very last second!

I will be coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank QuePasso
Reviewed January 27, 2016

We spent one night at the Casa del Vega in transit to another island. It was a good choice. The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. The hotel overlooks the bay and has a small but lovely beach. Breakfast was included and good. Wifi is included and worked fine. There is a nice lounge open to all residents, comfortable and great views. The owner, Ms. Merlyn, does a great job. She met us at the airport and drove us to the hotel. She also drove us to the ferry terminal the next day.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2016

This was my wife and I's first visit to St. Lucia. We decided to spend a night at a local place before starting our week at the Sandals La Toc resort. We could not be more happy with Miss Merlyn and our stay.

The room was very comfortable. A short path led us down to an outstanding beach area, where we found coconuts and beach glass. Miss Merlyn and her granddaughters treated us like royalty...they are people of the highest caliber.

We especially enjoyed breakfast the next morning, cheerfully served on a veranda overlooking the Caribbean. I would highly recommend this property...value for the money is beyond question. Thank you, Miss Merlyn.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple