All reviewsguest houseprivate beachsunset loungeclose to the airportseparate kitchencommon roomst luciawithin walking distanceocean viewmerlynstopoversnorkelingratesislandbedroomfridgecaribbean
Reviewed July 27, 2016

My husband and I chose Casa Del Vega after checking out other places on TripAdvisor. Aside from being budget friendly, we thought it looked so homey, an we were not disappointed. In fact our one week stay there, surpassed our expectations. Our studio was just right, an Francis and Merlyn Compton and staff treated us like family. How can we forget, our " special tour guide", who will forever hold a place in our hearts. This was our first visit, but it most definitely won't be the last. God's blessings to you all.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2016

I chose Casa del Vega after staying on St. Vincent, having arrived to St. Lucia at the airport on the south and having a flight out the next day from the airport close to the hotel. I have to say that the setting is very beautiful and I felt very warm and welcome to stay here. The accommodations are low key but very clean and tidy. It felt really good to stay here....and the views over the sea from the terrace. I spent my morning in pure bliss! Got a ride to Vigie Beach(beautiful) which is next to the airport for one more soak in the sun and water before departing the Carribbean. I would hands down stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2016

Great family guesthouse - my comments are the same at Lennox H who has written in great detail what I would like to say! thank you. A real touch of local charm, even down to the stone staircase to the clear water below!!! Great value. we left very early to airport and our host got up and drove us there!! much appreciated and thank you again. to use as a base to hire a car and see the immediate area would be great, just driving up north, not down south, too many twists and turns to do both ways. Would be happy to stay again. (however, need some soft pillows)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2016

This casa exist of several rooms and 4 rooms share a luxery lounge and kitchen; the casa is nearby the airport in Castries on a peninsula, nearby some embassies and the beach; snorkeling is even possible on the own pebble beach; in the morning and in the afternoon there is a minibus to the capital for 1 1/2 EC; there is AC, it is very quiet, the owner is very helpful (the restaurant is closed) and there are no restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: the room nearby the lounge/kitchen is the best
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakob B
Reviewed April 25, 2016

Casa Del Vega is a beautifully located guest house that sits on sloping land on the Vigie peninsular overlooking the entrance to Castries Harbour. This gives you a view of fishing boats, yachts, ferries, cargo ships and cruise liners coming and going.The grounds are planted in a variety of local fruit trees and you access the sand and pebble beach via a stone staircase through this garden. The rocky underwater features should interest snorklers.

This is a family guest house developed and added to over the years so the rooms vary in size and 'here and there' location within the property. There are three small standard rooms that open out onto a passage/verandah facing inland without views. But guests here can use the main lounge and beautiful communial porch overlooking the bay and each one has a TV, a small fridge and electric kettle. There is a convenient cold water fountain in the main lounge.There are also four studios with kitchenettes and three apartments of two, three and five rooms each with kitchens.

I came for the weekend from a neighbouring island and had a good time. It was nice to start the day with a hearty breakfast with a choice of eggs, coffee, juice, meats and salad and cereal, prepared on one of the open dining areas by the charming hostess Marvlyn Compton who is a font of island information and advice.

Being in an up-market housing area it is quiet and peaceful with easy walks to the historic barracks and gun emplacements nearby and to the scenic Vigie lighthouse up on the hill. It may be too quet and out of the way for some, but you can easily order a taxi or rent a car to go to the more active spots if that's what you want. Or if you want an action-packed party time this simply may not be the place for you and you should be at Rodney Bay!

Walk about 400 meters to the French and Venezuelan Embassies and there is 'Friends Cafe' which serves great snack lunches and sandwiches. At my request they wrapped an order for me to have as dinner later on. A little further down the hill and you get to the airport terminal facilities and bar or try out the beach bars and swim on lovely Vigie beach.I actually did not go beyong this peninsular for the whole weekend, but then again I wanted peaceful relaxation!

Remember in your assessment that this is a family guest house, not a four star resort, and naturally the amenities are the simple essentials but they are clean and the small number of staff are polite and keen to help.

Room Tip: Studio rooms and appartments with views overlooking the bay would be best but the small standard rooms share a communual porch.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo