“Peaceful, relaxing with a lovely view of the sea - especially from the lounge”
Review of Casa del Vega

Casa del Vega
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 11 January 2017

It's tough getting a place to stay in St Lucia on Old Year's day so we were lucky to get this apartment - which I do not regret at all. Very Clean surroundings. Quiet - although its located on the road once you are in your apartment your hardly notice it. Not a 4 or 5 star hiotel but homely.The cleanliness of our apartment, warmth of the owner and her grandchildren were greatly appreciated . You have basically all you need (at least we did in the apartment that we stayed in - and if you miss anything just ask). Merlyn is a lovely person - warm, accommodating - will run you to the supermarket and other places if needed once it fits in to her busy schedule. Lovely views of the sea and sunsets although there is a small beach it can be tricky as it's stony. . It's on the same road with the airport in Vigie which has a lovely beach across the road within walking distance of Casa Del Vega. If you like walking you can walk out to the main road where you can get a minivan (taxi) to go to town or Rodney Bay etc.
Did I mention that there was a small restaurant that did breakfast for a reasonable sum?

Merlyn, You're the best!! I dont think there's enough space here for me to write a full review.

We loved our stay and plan to visit again ..... Best of everything!! Hello to Jordan!

Room Tip: maybe something with a patio/balcony? the one bedroom off the flight of stairs by the office was qu...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blessedlady2015

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I stayed in this hotel as I had a connection flight to Barbados so we stayed the night there. If you keep in mind that it is very quaint, and you can hear everything that happens in the other rooms then you can possibly be ok spending the night here. The great thing is that it has complimentary airport transportation to the airport nearby, which you can also reach walking.

Room Tip: try to reserve with enough time
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2016

My bf and I stayed here at the end of July to the beginning of August. We were celebrating our birthdays and our 1yr anniversary. I'm going to go ahead and get the hiccups out of the way. Ok, so I arrived at Hewanorra airport which is 1hr 15min away from the hotel location which is actually in Vigie NOT Castries as stated on hotels.com where I booked this stay and I let the owner know about this. The hotel is up the hill from Vigie airport. Speaking of being on a hill, sometimes it was difficult to obtain a bus ride into town as buses don't pass through there as frequently, one would have to walk down the hill and into town. Also, the description of our room was a little bit off from the pictures posted on hotels.com and I wanted to stay in studio B which is the larger studio. I can't tell you much about the property because I was only there mainly to sleep, but the owners were doing some repairs over our studio which was annoying sometimes and one day we returned in the evening and they turned off the water without giving us a warning. The owner's daughter gave us some explanation for this, but some notification would have been nice since the water pressure was already low at this facility. The room that we had could use remodeling. *NOTE: If you are from the U.S or other countries that use the two prong plug outlets you may need to bring adaptors as they still have the old outlets and there was only one adaptor in our room.* Now, St. Lucia is beautiful and I only stayed at this location because my bf stayed here a few years ago. Next time I think that I will either get the larger room here, but I will most likely try another places closer to Gros Islet or Rodney Bay because this is where most things are happening and we liked going to the casino in Rodney Bay and due to the fact that you have easier access to transportation. We ate at The Spice of India in Rodney Bay and the food was really good!

Room Tip: Studio B is the larger room
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JALUV
Reviewed 27 July 2016

My husband and I chose Casa Del Vega after checking out other places on TripAdvisor. Aside from being budget friendly, we thought it looked so homey, an we were not disappointed. In fact our one week stay there, surpassed our expectations. Our studio was just right, an Francis and Merlyn Compton and staff treated us like family. How can we forget, our " special tour guide", who will forever hold a place in our hearts. This was our first visit, but it most definitely won't be the last. God's blessings to you all.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I chose Casa del Vega after staying on St. Vincent, having arrived to St. Lucia at the airport on the south and having a flight out the next day from the airport close to the hotel. I have to say that the setting is very beautiful and I felt very warm and welcome to stay here. The accommodations are low key but very clean and tidy. It felt really good to stay here....and the views over the sea from the terrace. I spent my morning in pure bliss! Got a ride to Vigie Beach(beautiful) which is next to the airport for one more soak in the sun and water before departing the Carribbean. I would hands down stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Great family guesthouse - my comments are the same at Lennox H who has written in great detail what I would like to say! thank you. A real touch of local charm, even down to the stone staircase to the clear water below!!! Great value. we left very early to airport and our host got up and drove us there!! much appreciated and thank you again. to use as a base to hire a car and see the immediate area would be great, just driving up north, not down south, too many twists and turns to do both ways. Would be happy to stay again. (however, need some soft pillows)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2016

This casa exist of several rooms and 4 rooms share a luxery lounge and kitchen; the casa is nearby the airport in Castries on a peninsula, nearby some embassies and the beach; snorkeling is even possible on the own pebble beach; in the morning and in the afternoon there is a minibus to the capital for 1 1/2 EC; there is AC, it is very quiet, the owner is very helpful (the restaurant is closed) and there are no restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: the room nearby the lounge/kitchen is the best
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakob B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
7.6 km away
8.7 km away
Stephanie's Hotel
Stephanie's Hotel
#11 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Casa del Vega? Share your experiences!