“Holiday Very very but very Disapointed!!! ”
Review of Casa del Vega

Casa del Vega
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

First arrival date Mon 17/07/2017 no one to pic me as advertised, so i took a taxi who cost me 20$ eastern caribe, at my arrival they said that nobody told them that i were comming, they couldnt tell me were i were going to be, & in witch room, then the room was not done, so i had to wait outside in the sun, then i were starting to regrette my trip because i came by ferry, so i finally got to the room, no toilette paper, no towels, no soap to have a bath, then after our remarks they finally gave me a little towel two little soaps, then i settled 5 min then i asked for wifi , so you got a fake wifi that works half 2 min interval, then i asked for the meal, there was no chef cook for today and tomorrow so again DISAPOINTED for two days, finally I had to buy a pizza for dinner, I'm too angry to say the rest, This is not a hotel its a familly guest house because thief sisters were in rooms without paying a dime,

" THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING FOR THEM IS YOURE MONEY "

So DEFINITELY i ADVISE NO ONE TO GO OVER THERE, THERE IS A BIG LACK OF SERVICE, I'M STILL ANGRY " PLEASE PEOPLE DOTHING TO THEMO TO THIS DISGUSTING PLACE " IT'S A FAKE.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Initially my two friends and i were booked on flight back home upon arrival all flights were cancelled due to a storm in our home country. We were doomed and the friendly airport staff called Merlyn. She arrived and took us back to her place told us to shower and we will hit the grocery. Frustrated as we were since we had no time as to when we would returned home merlyn and her staff ensure we had everything we needed. The rooms was clean relaxing reminded me of my home away from home. She ended us giving us a discount the second night. Merlyn personally was a blessing for us and no one would have taken the time to ensure we had everything we needed driving us to and from the airport and grocery store without hessitation. Once again i recommend this place to anyone who really wants the true caribbean feel of st lucia.

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2017

This hotel was selected as an overnight transit stopover close to the airport. In this regard it was a perfect location. The rooms are very cheap, clean and basic. We booked the double room which turned out to be little small and cramped with a partition wall between the bed and toilet, for US$60 for the night. We opted to upgrade to Suite B which was spacious with a separate kitchen and sitting area for an extra US$20. We found this much more comfortable. The hotel is set amongst its own beautiful, lush self planted garden which has a variety of tropical plants and fruits. There is a common room for viewing the sunset on a balcony, overlooking the lovely bay and island.
Merlin (owner) was the ultimate host and nothing was too much trouble, accommodating any of our needs. She collected and returned us to the airport which was great. She also substituted as a taxi when a taxi couldn't be found. Merlin cooked up a really nice, filling breakfast all for US$10.
If you're looking for economy priced accommodation close to the airport with a very personable host then this hotel is perfect.

Room Tip: Best to go for a larger room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

This guest house was located 10 walking minutes from an awesome local beach. There is also a private beach on the hotel property that's great for snorkeling. Rooms are very simple but extremely clean. You have a full kitchen with fridge, sink, stove, pots, pans, plates, etc. Owner was very accommodating and even took us to the grocery store! You will be offered day tours from cab drivers but the owner of this hotel offers cheaper rates for day tours that include meal and entry fees to exhibits. Perfect for travelers who want to experience St. Lucian culture. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was also awesome! Amazing views from their sunset lounge or from your room balcony.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I have mixed feelings about this place, it's definitely a mom and pop hotel and I am not sure if they have much of a staff for help, seemed like the owners young kids and her mother were assisting. If you get a one bedroom this should be nice, however, we had a 2 bedroom and it was a bit of a drab. There is ac in the bedrooms only but it is really hot in the other living areas due to no a/c I am used to this so it didn't bother me too much. However although I am from the islands and I understand that the electricity can be a bit high but I also know that if I am expecting guest that I would have the fridge hooked up. We missed our flight and came a day later in the early day and we were very hungry and tired when we got in. We were greeted and then we were left to fend for ourselves with no clear direction of where was the closest place for food, do they serve food, etc. We have family here so I think with that being said maybe they thought we would know where we were going but we didn't. My cousin did take us to the local market so we could put some items in the fridge to eat and drink, when we arrived is when we realized the fridge wasn't hooked up and it had been closed for sometime so it had that awful smell. I feel that if you know you will have guest staying in the room the fridge should be hooked up the evening before. The water did cut off a few times so we didn't have access to water. I wasn't sure if this happens on the regular or just an issue that they had that day but the owners young son was able to get it fixed. The water pressure is unbelievably low (not sure if this had to do with the water being cut off). I had a friend staying in one of the one bedrooms and she had a balcony that overlooked the ocean it was beautiful, since the 1 bedroom is like a loft she didn't have a/c issues, just the water pressure. She did have an issue where she booked her reservation online and paid but they were unable to find it, my friend had her reservation in hand to show them things but it seemed to go ignored. The ocean view is breath taking and going to sleep listening to the waves crashing was also lovely. There is a really old fortress within walking distance and one of the locals stated it was where the French fought the British, there is even a little prison area, it was pretty neat to see. The next day we did make the decision that we would not be staying another night because we weren't comfortable, it was too much back and forth for our cousin to pick up and take us places, and we were too far from places to eat. We went to let the owner know but she was at church so we told one of her children, I did run into the owner later that morning and said "good morning" and I believed she was displeased with our leaving because she replied with "goodbye and wasn't very friendly. I see some reviews state that breakfast and lunch were made, however, we never saw it nor were we offered or told that we needed to request anything. So back to my title of the review, if you don't set your expectations to high and don't plan on spending much time in your room, you can definitely stay here. It is affordable and the ocean is breathtaking. I think if I had my own vehicle and it was just my husband and I without the kids we would have stayed, so we could have uses the money saved from other expensive hotels on more entertainment for ourselves.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, bring snacks and drinks to place in fridge because you aren't close t...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment for 7 nights. It was perfect. Had an amazing view and had everything we needed except a microwave but we made out fine without it. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. They helped make our trip more enjoyable. The beach is small but peaceful. We travelled the island a lot so we weren't there too much but we did snorkel there and it was good. Need to watch the currents. The grocery store was a 5 minute drive. We would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank amcdona
Reviewed 11 January 2017

It's tough getting a place to stay in St Lucia on Old Year's day so we were lucky to get this apartment - which I do not regret at all. Very Clean surroundings. Quiet - although its located on the road once you are in your apartment your hardly notice it. Not a 4 or 5 star hiotel but homely.The cleanliness of our apartment, warmth of the owner and her grandchildren were greatly appreciated . You have basically all you need (at least we did in the apartment that we stayed in - and if you miss anything just ask). Merlyn is a lovely person - warm, accommodating - will run you to the supermarket and other places if needed once it fits in to her busy schedule. Lovely views of the sea and sunsets although there is a small beach it can be tricky as it's stony. . It's on the same road with the airport in Vigie which has a lovely beach across the road within walking distance of Casa Del Vega. If you like walking you can walk out to the main road where you can get a minivan (taxi) to go to town or Rodney Bay etc.
Did I mention that there was a small restaurant that did breakfast for a reasonable sum?

Merlyn, You're the best!! I dont think there's enough space here for me to write a full review.

We loved our stay and plan to visit again ..... Best of everything!! Hello to Jordan!

Room Tip: maybe something with a patio/balcony? the one bedroom off the flight of stairs by the office was qu...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blessedlady2015
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
7.6 km away
7.3 km away
Bay Gardens Hotel
Bay Gardens Hotel
#3 of 6 in Rodney Bay

Been to Casa del Vega? Share your experiences!