This is a great place. We’ve just returned from our second stay at the East Winds and cannot recommend it too highly if, like us, you are looking for a peaceful, tranquil haven. All the staff are charming and helpful – we particularly liked Paula, Mavis and Winfield in the restaurant. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the wonderful people who who will make your stay such a relaxing joy!
Special mention to the gardeners who, despite it being windy during our stay, raked leaves with great determination and worked very hard on the beautiful grounds. Top marks too to the garden designer who has made sure that there is something in bloom everywhere you look.
Johnny and Kim (water sports instructors) were unfailing cheerful and charming. We saw them both raking the sand into beautiful designs every morning – it seemed a shame to walk on the beach afterwards!
Food, wine and cocktails all very good and the beautiful beach was kept very clean and tidy. The rooms are spread out within the grounds and are comfortably furnished in a Caribbean style.
This is not the place to come if you are looking for a busy resort with lots of activities and entertainment, or if you want glitzy sophistication with a marbled reception, 24 hour meal room service and an infinity pool. The East Winds is about relaxation, comfort and great service in a resort which blends into its 12 acres.
It’s pretty close to perfection and it’s certainly perfect for us – and for others who appreciate peace, quiet and (perhaps) the most relaxing spot in the Caribbean.
We certainly hope to return as soon as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet