We have recently returned from two lovely weeks at East Winds. On our arrival we were greeted by Gareth and Michelle, who offered cold flannels, and welcome drinks in that order.Our luggage was whisked away, and we were taken to our lovely beach front room. The grounds are great, and very well maintained, there was always someone working there.The swimming pool with its help yourself cocktail bar,was a nice change from the beach every now and again,but I must admit we both preferred jumping into the warm and calm sea. The food was first class. At other resorts we have been to, the bbq fare was all cooked already and usually going cold. At East Winds it was all cooked to order while you waited.The 5 course evening meals,starting with a tiny amuse bouche, and finishing with delicious desserts were amazing, and there was always a varied choice to suit everyones taste. The staff were fantastic, to name just a few, Titus, Simeon,Hannah, Miriam, and lovely Karen, who when finding out that my husband couldn't find a St Lucia polo shirt in Rodney Bay, offered to take him into Castries the next day to get one from the market.Talking about special service, Gareth arranged for a Sunday paper to be brought over by one of the expected guests. Its the small touches like these, that you tend to remember.Another thing that we have to thank Michelle for. The second week we were there, the unit beside us was vacant, it was bigger than ours, but we just assumed it was similar and asked if we could transfer over. It turned out to be the mini suite(which we actually thought was on the other end of the row) and Michelle said no problem, you can have a free upgrade. That made our holiday. Now one small gripe! The balcony roofs of the beach front properties have slats that the rain just poured through. The towels, and in the mini suite the chair furniture, got soaking wet every time we had a shower of rain. I heard that there were going to be some renovations, so please Gareth fix this problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet