“"Mango tree" Great spot!”
other travellers have booked this property
Beautiful Mango Tree Villa
with the sunset. Relax by the pool with that glass of wine overlooking the beautiful views of Caribbean & Castries
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful Mango Tree Villa
with the sunset.
Swimming pool decking with tropical plants and amazing views.  Time to pop a bottle champagne
Elevated view from master bedroom of the pool and Caribbean Sea.
Enjoy relaxing on the terrace by the pool with the panoramic views of the Caribbean and Castries
Beautiful Lounge patio doors open onto terrace, decking area and swimming pool. Leads to dining room
Simply beautiful - Mango Tree Villa lounge with Cable TV - Free Wi-Fi, Fans and leads to Dining Room
Dining Room off lounge seats 8. Patio doors open onto the terrace and pool area with great views
Main Kitchen fully equipped with everything guests need
Part of Main Kitchen
Second fully equipped kitchen, lounge area and seating. Cable TV
Separate Second kitchen with bedroom and bathroom, dining area TV and comfortable seating
Master Bedroom with small balcony overlooking Caribbean Sea and Castries.  A/C adjoining bathroom.
Master bedroom with panoramic views
Private Balcony off the master bedroom where you can get away from it all.
Master bathroom with tub and jet shower leading to dressing room and closets.
Light airy bedroom with A/C,  and closets.
Downstairs bedroom with A/C, closets with adjoining bathroom, second kitchen and lounge/dining area,
Downstairs bathroom
Our Guest  Book
Visitor Comment
Visitor Comment
Visitors Comment who stayed whilst organising their wedding plans in St Lucia.
Different view of the Kitchen
Terrace adjoining Master Suite
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

HamiltonS...
hamilton
“Vacation from hell!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

After a dreadful week of numerous problems with the property, our 2 year old grandson fell through the railings surrounding the pool. It is about a 30 foot drop, but brambles surrounding the property broke his fall and he is okay. The owners, took absolutely no responsibility for this safety hazard - their comment was "it has never happened before." The parents were so traumatized that they moved to the Winjammer Resort close to the Mango Tree. Wifi is only available on the main level, the bedrooms are air conditioned, but not the rest of the house, so be prepared with plenty of bug spray or get eaten alive. The closest grocery store is a 20 minute cab drive away and there is nothing to do around the resort, except use the facilities of the Winjammer - who were amazingly nice people. The propane tank stove leaked and the dishwasher broke on the 3rd day, etc., etc., A previous owner had indicated that the property was unsuitable for 2 year olds, but the current owner advertises a high chair and confirmed in writing that the place was safe for children. I should mention that the parents were standing beside their son when this happened.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
kellyv906
Niagara Falls,
“Not safe for small children!”
Reviewed March 20, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This is a difficult review to make. I have so much to say about the property but it can be summed up by our second last day. We were told it was safe for young children (before booking), this is not the case. It is potentially deadly for small children. The pool deck rails are too far apart and my 20 month old fell through! HE FELL 30 FEET but thank God his fall was broken by vines growing. My husband and I were right beside him watching and pointing out boats on the sea. The home owner Joan accused us of not watching him carefully. The total point is that he should not be able to fit through the railings! Horrifying experience! I watched my son fall to an unknown outcome. I have flashbacks all the time. It brings me to tears. The human brain always goes to the what ifs.... Upon contacting the property owner Joan, she just said it couldn't have happened as it has never happened before! I wanted my $350 damage deposit back and she didn't even come herself. She sent an employee with a letter saying sorry about your son, no refunds as we were on day six by then. My son could have fallen to his death or serious injury at any point during our stay.

It is hard to tell from the picture that the pool is very close to the main living area. The main living area is not air-conditioned so it is necessary to leave all the doors open and therefore 100% access to a pool at all times. Our 20 month old son and two other children had swimming floatation devices on at all times. There are stairs all over the villa. I was aware that the villa was two stories but it is more than that. There are steps up to the kitchen, down to the main dining room and living room and of course up to the bedroom level. This presents a hazard for a young child trying to follow his parents all over the villa.

The main kitchen is not air-conditioned and very warm for cooking in. The bathrooms are all dated (not a huge deal), two showers leaked, propane tank discovered to leak in one kitchen, Wifi was out for first day and half. Good to know is it only works in the main living space (if this is important to you). Loaner phone ran out of time twice (we did not make a lot of calls) and we could not get ahold of Joan to top it up, we used e-mail to tell her. The same way we had to email her about my son falling through the deck rails.

These were the plethora of problems when we first arrived (in the dark on Saturday night). My father-in-law handled these with the home owner, and I received a call later the same night by Allan (husband of home owner) telling us to leave and stay at the Windjammer. He hung up on me when I tried to tell him the problems. We spent our first evening feeling anxious and sick and talking to a handyman who showed up to deal with one of the problems. We presented him with many more, which he kindly tried to fix. In hind site- which is alway 100%- we should have left.

We chose to leave the house Friday (after my son fell) and stay a night at the Windjammer (a very expensive endeavour) but my son's safety is invaluable. The Windjammer staff are amazing and were horrified at our experience. Stay at the Windjammer. If that is out of the question ($$$), stay somewhere else on the island. St. Lucia is beautiful and all the St. Lucians we met were warm, helpful, funny and happy.

There is more to say, but I will not continue to ramble. Depending the the experience you are looking for (and the age of your children), perhaps the Mango Tree would be your oasis in St Lucia.

Lessons learned for us (my husband and I), we are taking a break from travelling in the immediate future, the almighty dollar does rule for most people (sadly), St. Lucians are kind people. Take the time to chat with a few.

I would not recommend this rental to a friend, as the customer service was poor. It was taken personally instead of in a business sense and when a true emergency occurred, it was brushed aside as our fault.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
22 Mar 2017
All I will say is that everything possible was done for this family. Nothing was enough.

On arrival at the Villa due to so much rain water had got into one of our parking lights at the rear of the property. This unfortunately tripped the fuse which is a safely measure , and as the party did not arrive until at least 7.30 p.m in the dark I was very stressed myself that the stair lights were not working. I called my electrician who came out that evening and worked until 12 midnight rectifying the problem.
Their youngest child did fall and I was sad to hear that he had fallen through an 8 inch gap. Just before these guests arrived we had to have the decking revamped and had to remove beautiful vine plants from either side of the decking. Unfortunately it was not noticed by anyone that it was possible for a young child to fall through and feel that the parents have to take some responsibility for this.

The father-in-law was very irate that the wi-fi was not working which was due to no fault of my own but had it back by 9.30 a.m Monday morning.

On arrival at the villa the guests had been shopping and I tried to tell them about the villa but they were only interesrted in getting the food put away. The mother of the child went straight upstairs to the bedrooms with the 3 children and although I tried to explain everything to her and her husband and even showing her how to lock the doors, they still called that evening stating that they could not lock the door and it was another problem. They were not doing it correctly and my electrician did show them again how to do it.

I think that my track record of five star reviews speaks for itself.

The father-in-law during one of the many telephone calls on the first night said that they were contemplating moving out of the villa as their were stairs .

When Kelly called to tell me about the child falling it was by email which I picked up on my telephone. Unfortunately I was at a very important meeting and could not just get up and leave and as I was seeing the family the next morning prior to their departure got one of my employees to take the damage deposit back to her immediately.

Another gate was made by our carpenter so that the child could not go up or down either sets of stairs from the swimming pool.

When I visited the villa on Saturday - the dishwasher door would not close and this was not like it when the guests arrived, my telephone charger to the mobile phone that I leave for guests use is missing, sheets in a filthy state and all towels smelt of urine.

I don't think that whatever you did for this family would be enough and as mentioned before I think that my track record of reviews speak for themselves.
Paul B
“"Mango tree" Great spot!”
Reviewed March 16, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

When you arrive on the island they say" Welcome to the island of paradise" and Mango tree is a great part of that paradise. Joan and Allen were fabulous.We were greeted at the villa after a long day of travelling with 3 small children.They were very accommodating and welcomed us with a warm chicken dinner and some supplies in the fridge. The villa is very clean and spacious. great value for a 4 bedroom.The location is perfect.Access to the Windjammer resort with the privacy of your own separate villa.You can take a short drive to Rodney Bay for restaurants and supplies or you can walk about 15min. to the local supermarket. if you want to explore the island you can book a day trip with the taxi company Joan deals with.We recommend asking for "Bernard" Great guy! as he will tell you"If you need something Bernard will get it for you" All in all it was a great trip. Thanks again Joan and Allen.We will definitely be back!!

Carolyn T
“Wonderful expected stay at Mango Tree”
Reviewed February 21, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Little did we know vacationing in St. Lucia would lead us to meeting you Joan....our little guardian angel. We rented Flambeau Villa off of vrbo #381347ha for two weeks. We had to move out 5 days into our vacation as the house was a Fire Hazard and had many other problems. Joan our little angel was nice enough to let us move into Mango Tree Villa on a days notice when she was doing a few upgrades as house was not rented. Mango Tree Villa is most beautiful...the view with all the beautiful sunsets and sunrises and all the great amenities provided. The special attention and kindness you showed all six of us in spite of our anxieties were most appreciated. You have created a safe haven and great house atmosphere here at Mango Tree.
Thank you for having us to your home in Cap Estate, which is an absolute gem. We had a lovely afternoon, great fun and a delight to interact on a personal level with you, Alan and the puppies.
We are hopeful our paths with cross again. Please do not hesitate to call when you come visit your sister in Wakefield. We would love to meet you for lunch. Again thanks so much for renewing our faith that most people on this earth have a good heart and are trust worthy.

Carolyn, Keith, Jojo, Chuck, Dianne & Marc

Your age range 50-64
Erik M
“Perfect for families travelling with children”
Reviewed January 30, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We had a great stay at the Mango Tree Villa. The house is big (we were 4 adults and 5 children, aged 2-6) with a spacious kitchen and a quite large pool. We enjoyed being able to use the facilities at Windjammer Landing, including towels for the beach, lunch (we made breakfast and dinner in the house) and the fitness center. It is rare to find a house that also offers "resort qualities". We will definitely consider renting the house again!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Louise M
“A perfect paradise great accommodation and location!”
Reviewed November 11, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

This was a perfect family holiday retreat we took four teanagers who loved the pool, wifi, the closeness to beach and facilities. The house was clean and well maintained it was large enough to have any large family stay. The views were amazing and beach fantastic!
The hosts were most helpful in booking local restaurants for us which were perfect the kids loved the food and all available within a ten minute drive! The area was lovely the catamaran was a brilliant excursion. We had a great holiday I would happily recommend it to any family visiting St lucia. We are most grateful to the very friendly and knowledgeable hosts for making our holiday so successful!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
June C
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Majestic Villa, superb sea view!”
Reviewed August 27, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I'm happy that I chose Mango Tree Villa for our family vacation! Not too far from the airport, and our host had emailed directions; though we got lost a bit. Accommodation was exactly as stated, no disappointments there. Our host was there to greet us, and stocked lots of goodies in the fridge for our welcome. Villa is clean,airy, roomy, and comfortable. The pool is gorgeous, and not too deep.
Getting around wasn't difficult either, a rental car did the job. Made it easier to get around the island. Oh, there was use of a shuttle as well, if there was need.
Can't get over that view, especially at sunset.....beautiful!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location of property
Liked least: Couldn't get wifi throughout
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing