“Very nice little place”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Very nice little place”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Quiet place, excellent service. Not in front of the sea, but you have access to the Garden Bay Resort's beach front (a 7 min walk or you can take a mini bus to get there - we liked the walk so we never took it). If I go back to Rodney Bay, I'll be back to the Bay Gardens Inn.

And St. Lucia is a really great place to relax!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc S
baygardensresorts, Public Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Hi Marc,

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I will be sure to share your kind words with the team. We look forward to being able to welcome you back to our beautiful island on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
farnham, surrey
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We have just returned from a two week stay with Ramblers and would agree fully with all of the recent reviews. Whilst the hotel is showing its age in some respects it is very clean and tidy with large rooms and good food. Best of all the staff were excellent and responded quickly when any defect was pointed out. The availabilty of the facilities at the two sister hotels was most useful andthe walk to the beah hotel was short enough to ignore the hourly shuttle.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the ends ofthe pool ahve a better outlook than those on the side.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank philip t
Regina
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I visited Saint Lucia the week of January 13 to 20 and stayed at the Inn. Due to circumstances, I was travelling solo; initially I was a little apprehensive to be on my own in a new country staying at other than all-inclusive resort. I had nothing to be concerned about as my stay at the Inn proved.

The staff at the Inn are friendly, competent, and helpful. From the front-line staff, the room service staff and the bartenders, all made me feel welcome and comfortable. As far as amenities go, the restaurant was not open except for bufett breakfast. The pool isn't deep at 3.5 feet but was a great place for a quick dip to cool off in the afternoon. The Inn has a single computer available for the use of the guests and it's free! As a result I was more connected on this trip than I've been in my visits other island.

The walk to the beach is about 15-20 minutes depending on how quickly you choose to walk, and you'll pass my numerous retaurants and bars on the way to the Bay Gardens Beach Resort. ( I read in a earlier review that the walk is hot and humid - well, yes it certainly can be but isn't that why we go to the Caribbean - for the heat and humidity?) The resort is situated on Reduit Beach, the sand is fine and so soft, and during my stay the water was calm and warm.

I typically spent mornings on the beach, heading back towards the Inn early in the afternoon. Along the way I'd stop at Rituals Coffee for lunch. They serve paninis, wraps, salads, burgers, and so on, along with fresh coffee and chillers (like a 7-Eleven slurpy but better!) The prices were reasonable and the restaurant was located about 1/2 way between the beach and the Inn.
You'll find that food is very pricey here on the island, which makes sense, as they import most everything. I ate at The Big Chef restaurant one evening, a salad, steak and fries with a coffee was $65 US with tip. That was my big splurge night! Most of the places I ate at were within the $30-$35US range for evening meals.

Since I was staying at the Inn I was able to arrange to go on an excursion through the Resort. I chose the Endless Excursion, a catamaran sail to Souffries, visit to Diamond Botanical Gardens, a visit to the Sulfur springs, and a visit to the cocoa bean plantation (Fond Doux). It was a terrific day, I'm a little nervous being on the water but soon overcame any fears, and the places we visited were, in turn, beautiful and interesting.

I'm already planning our next trip to Saint Lucia for next winter. This time we'll look for a place that has a kitchen, possibly the Bay Gardens Hotel. There are two grocery stores within 2 blocks of the Inn and Hotel as well many other shops, banks, and fast food places. Except for the once excurison I still have much to see in Saint Lucia; the Saturday market in Castries, the Friday night jump-up in Rodney Bay, the Friday fish fry, the Gros Pitons, Pigeon Island...is it any wonder I want to go back!

Just an fyi, I transferred from the airport to hotel using the services of Saint Lucia Airport Shuttle. I swear the owner, Janus never sleeps as he responded to e-mails within a few hours. The cost from Hewanorra to the Inn was $70US one way which considering the length of the trip (1.5 hours) and the cost of fuel is very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank saskrinkrat
baygardensresorts, Public Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Bay Gardens Inn. We take pride in our legendary Bay Gardens Service, and I will be sure to share your glowing review with the whole team.

It looks like you had a great first trip to our beautiful island and I hope that you will make the Inn your home away from home for all our future trips to Saint Lucia!
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks from 24.01.2012. with the Ramblers Assocation.The hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. The location is good, as it has a free shuttle service to the Bay Gardens beach resort. It only takes 15 minutes to walk there anyway. Used my phone to connect to the hotels wifi. It did disconnect occasionally, but all in all was reasonably reliable. I would definately recommend this hotel. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CambridgeBigbird
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed at the Inn for two weeks during a walking/sightseeing holiday. This was our second visit to St Lucia and to Bay Gardens and the quality of the hotel was an important consideration with regard to visiting the island once again. If you are looking for gloss and glamour then the Bay Gardens Inn is probably not for you. If, on the other hand, you want a small and intimate hotel with cheerful, friendly staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome then this is the place to come. The rooms are spacious, clean and airy, the grounds attractive and well kept. Both the quantity and quality of the food were more than acceptable whilst the opportunity of using the facilities at the nearby sister hotels was an excellent added bonus.

Room Tip: The majority of rooms overlook the pool and gardens - these are the ones to go for.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
baygardensresorts, Public Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for your kind words, David. We loved having you and your group stay with us. We hope that you come back to visit your Bay Gardens family very soon!
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

An unpretentious small hotel in the centre of Rodney Bay; 15 mins walk or a short trip in the free shuttle bus to the beach. All the rooms - on two floors - are set around a small but useable pool. Our room was large and had all we needed for our stay: it was comfortable rather than luxurious and housekeeping standards were good. The hotel was extremely friendly and welcoming and we valued the quiet, in comparison with the sister hotels in the group. Internet access was iffy at times.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Moulton
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Visited Bay Gardens Inn with the Ramblers. They were very welcoming, the rooms were clean and well appointed without being 'over the top', and the food was reliably good if sometimes a little un-exiting. The setting is convenient for Rodney Bay and Gros Islet and only a short (and VERY cheap) bus ride into Castries. Access to sister hotels (BG Hotel and BG Resort by the beach) make it a very attractive destination.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face the pool - it's just a question of whether you want direct pool access (g...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
0.5 km away
Papillon by Rex Resorts
Papillon by Rex Resorts
#5 of 6 in Rodney Bay

Been to Bay Gardens Inn? Share your experiences!