All reviews coffee machine reduit beach st lucia buccament bay courtyard room pool area bit dated sun loungers rum punch ironing board mini fridge welcome drink rodney bay area beach towels yogurt small hotel pigeon island
Reviewed July 20, 2016

Stay at this hotel for once week for business but the meetings were spaced out so had two free days in between. The hotel is located in Rodney Bay with a 10 minute walk to the Rodney Bay strip. Along the way there are great restaurants that offer a variety of options. The hotel has a basic feel but was quite clean and the ambiance relaxing. The rooms are face the pool and outdoor bar but very rare does this disturb you if you are resting. The rooms have been upgraded except for the bathroom which needs a gut job. The bed was quite comfortable and the breakfast was really good. Dinner at the hotel was not bad nor expensive.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank sbsouth
Reviewed July 15, 2016

We took a short break at the Blu hotel in May 2016 . At arrival the receptionist was very helpful and we were so early . They took our bags and sent us off for breakfast. They got our room ready very quickly and were totally helpful. Its hard to fault this hotel even though its a little smaller than some of the others. The rooms are excellent and the pool area is perfect . Its located close to the local town but that place is not up to much. The town area is quite poorly looked after and there are loiterers everywhere , guys shouting Taxi out the windows of cars etc etc..
But one cannot fault the hotel for the local government shortcomings.
The location is great. Its a very short walk from the beach and there are some nice restaurants nearby. All in all its a really nice hotel and I have no problem recommending it . I would not recommend the Island as quickly as a destination. Great value , pleasant staff ,great pool area, great breakfast, great room. So overall the hotel is really good. Room for improvement - Its hard to know if the bar is open or not , the bar is expensive.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Easypleased100
Reviewed July 14, 2016

The hotel is old and needs renovation ASAP. The air conditioning was licking so the room was flooded when I came back from work. I called the reception 5 times and every time they tell that the maintenance was coming. At 10pm someone told that there will no one to fix the problem. I do not recommend this recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcos A
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

We arrived a day behind our original plan. We are skeptical because of some review here in trip advisor but everything went well and peaceful.

Blu is affordable place to stay ( hotels.com) compare to the all inclusive beach view hotels. The room was clean, comfortable bed and fortunate to have lavazza espresso machine inside the room. The bathroom needs upgrade but it is clean. The hotel looks old and rusty outside.

3 mins walk to the Reduit beach. Safe place to walk even at night. The beach is crowded in the morning specially when the cruise ship guest arrived. Few locals sell local souvenir, we talk to them nicely and they didn't bother us any more. We didn't rent the beach chairs. We hang out at spinnakers and go to the beach when ever we feel hot.

We only eat breakfast in the property as it is included in the room. The breakfast buffet is almost the same everyday.

10-15 walk to Rodney bay mall and Baywalk mall. We walk every night and hang to different bars and restaurant as we have more options where to dine.

Taxi from the airport is USD 30/ EC 65 one way. Not hard to get one outside the airport.

Over all blu St Lucia is warm and nice place to go for a holiday. I can not complain I'm on vacation!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lakwatsera09
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

I'm here at the Blu and my stay should be coming on Sunday however I've already booked to come back in October with my family and a few friends. The personalised service is what makes Blu unique.The staff are very attentive and always ready to service.Small boutique hotel but offers full services.Excellent bar cocktails the new addition to the team Chef Gilry is amazing. Great dining experience. The rooms are immaculate the beds are to die for. Breakfast offers are nice selection and varies everyday. This is my second time staying at the Blu and a lot has improved. The manger Cindie is very accommodating and understands her guest needs. When u do visit please look out for President, Ricardo, Chanta, Simonia and Joel. Not forgetting Damien on the egg Station and Kevin the front desk. The hotel is a hop and a skip from the famous Reduit Beach. Can't wait to come back in October.

Stayed: July 2016