All reviews reduit beach espresso maker st lucia rodney bay sun loungers rum punch min walk bit dated ironing board nice pool mini fridge welcome drink pigeon island beautiful beach president erin tennis
Reviewed May 27, 2018

This hotel is perfectly adequate, and that is a good thing. It is simple, clean, and very well located. It is within walking distance to a lot of good restaurants, bar, and a beautiful beach. We had thought about staying at the beach resorts located across the street, but were glad we didn't once we saw the condition of the resorts and how different they looked from their websites. The pool was nice but didn't try the restaurant as it seemed very expensive. A lot of the towels and promotional items reflected a resort in the Grenadines. When I looked that resort up it seemed it was the target of a large BBC investigation on fraud. I am not sure if they're affiliated but I hope they get some capital to make small improvements to this property.

Date of stay: January 2018
4  Thank MileageMark
Reviewed May 7, 2018

We had a nice room, was really clean every day. Breakfast was good. St Lucia is so gorgeous and relaxing place. It is quiet a walk to get to the "city center" but it was no problem for us, we really enjoyed it.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank hysteria27
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for what I needed! The beds are comfy, clean and roomy. The towels are plentiful and fresh. The poolside is where I spent majority of my time and it was so clean and peaceful! The hotel is located in the perfect spot of Rodney Bay, just a slow 15 min/quick 10 min walk to a shopping area. Plenty of food spots along the way. Theres fast food too if you fancy american take-out. I paid 20 bucks to get to Castries Market. The beach is literally across the road 1 minutes walk. The housekeeping and wait staff along with the receptionists are all wonderful. They helped me with everything I needed and more. I even chatted it up with the reservation manager Erin who grew up in Vermont. The woman was so sweet and understanding. I plan to visit the island again soon and for me, it's a no brainer, I'll definitely be staying at Blu again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Excursion765317
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Our first time visiting St Lucia so we were not sure what to expect. We were very happy with the hotel, the price was very good and the room was very large, very clean with a very comfortable king sized bed. Also we had a good stable WiFi in the room which was complimentary.

The room had a large balcony with sun beds which was in the shade during the afternoon which was great. The location is quiet being near the end of the road which ends at the inlet to the marina, the only thing past the hotel is the Happy Day Bar where you can get a couple of beers for 10EC which is less than £3 and sit by the waterside. Also you only have a 5 minute walk to Reduit beach and not much further to a good selection of bars, restaurants and a supermarket. We found plenty of places to eat and drink which were great value for money, especially the HotSpot bar and grill.

We found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. The night we arrived we had a problem with the safe, they sent somebody straight up to the room who actually just removed the safe and fitted a new one. The beds on the balcony were old and damaged but when we mentioned it they again sent somebody straight up to the room and swapped them. We could not fault the service.

A water taxi from Reduit beach to Pigeon Island is well worth doing. This was 80EC for 2 people and 8USD each to get in to the National Park.

If we get the chance to return to St Lucia we would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marksweaver
Reviewed March 24, 2018

Travelling to St.Lucia on a budget we were pleasantly suprised on arrival with the standard of decor in Reception & pool area . The facade of the hotel could do with a lick of paint however our Standard double room was welcoming & comfortable with a good size balcony with comfortable seating to relax & enjoy watching the sun go down. Breakfast was an adventure on a daily basis with a grand array of choice from fresh fruit, bacon & eggs to beef stew, but all delicious & washed down with a whole lot of hospitality from all of the staff who made our stay perfect

Room tip: Room 314 great view of Pigeon Island however 3 flights of stairs with no lift which may not suit some people
Date of stay: March 2018