Bay Gardens Inn(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$105
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

Hotel Chez Marie Alish(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
US$271
US$107
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$102
Hotels.com
Habitat Terrace(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$89
East Winds(Gros Islet)
US$685
US$567
2,324 results
All reviewshi tidesea grapesrodney bayst luciapigeon islandbeach frontsplash islandone bedroom suitebig chefrestaurants within walking distancepool viewsecurity staffrotifull kitchentime sharerum punchbeach vendors
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My Wife and I have just returned from a wonderful two weeks at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort but before I go on about how good the resort is, and it really is, I just want to get the negative out of the way.

The rooms are designed with dividing doors. This is obviously for easy expansion, i.e. one bedroom to two as and when required, nothing wrong with that at all. The issue we found was the sound insulation, on the dividing doors, is inadequate to the point that, at night whilst in bed, we could actually turn our TV sound down and listen to our neighbour’s! One night our neighbour decided to have a TV all nighter and kept us awake all night. I believe this issue is mentioned in previous reviews, but it's not the walls.

We were moved, thanks Cheryl, to a one bed suite, which was an improvement, only due to our bed being in another room, (not next to the dividing door, next to our neighbours TV). We could still hear, even join in, next doors conversations through the dividing door but only when we were in the kitchen / living area.
Anyway, that's that out of the way,

Having only cruised here before, our stay at The Beach Bay Resort was our first real Caribbean vacation and we were not disappointed. We found the resort staff were first class, friendly and professional, all of them. The resort itself is clean and tidy and is ideally located, just a short stroll to Rodney Bay shops and bars and literally right on the beach.
We found the local restaurant cuisine to be a very good standard, Trios especially. We also had a few good recommendations from Chris, (Timeshare Company on site), one being The Delirious, (Jerk Tuna), and another the Memories of Hong Kong which was the best Chinese food I've ever tasted, (so far).
Being September it was very quiet so we were spoilt for sunbeds, both on the beach and around the pool and, being the wettest month, it rained on two days for about 15 minutes, (and did it rain!), most of the time blue skies turquoise sea prevailed.
Pigeon Island is a must visit even if it's just the challenge to climb to the top of the two peaks. The beer, (Piton), in the bar, to the left of the jetty was pretty cheap as well.
We were pretty lazy and only did the one excursion, booked through the resort, which was the, "Endless Summer" catamaran trip down to the Pitons with a few stops on the way, (and plenty of rum punch).
All in all we had an excellent two weeks and will be going back, (this time to a one bed suite), hopefully next year.
Most of the reviews on here are pretty well on the mark and helped us to pick this resort above others, so thanks all you reviewers.

Room Tip: One bed suites are less effected by noise through the dividing doors.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terry M
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Unbelieveable! That's one word I would definitely use to describe my stay at Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa at Rodney Bay.
I cannot fully describe just how wonderful and memorable our stay was here, that would take way too many words. However I will say that the room we had was amazing, the view was beyond beautiful. The people that work there are exceptional, kind-hearted, beautiful people. The reception you receive on arrival, food, beverage and overall atmosphere are incredible. The hotel is in every way very accomodating and I cannot find any flaws whatsoever.
I've been lucky enough to stay at quite a few places (including the Hilton Tobago and Barbados) thanks to my wonderful father, but Bay Gardens is by far and beyond the best I've been to. My favourite.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LiaWanderlust
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had booked our stay here through Gilt.com. The island itself is stunning but the staff at Bay Gardens Beach Resort in Rodney Bay made the experience extraordinary. From the front desk, to the wait staff, bartender, grounds keepers and security....everyone is SUPER friendly and accommodating. I think of myself of being a pretty good judge of character and can usually tell when someone's faking it to get a good tip but the employees of this hotel were authentically nice. Everyone always has a smile on their face!

The room was clean and organized with a few minor blemishes....the sunflower shower head actually sprayed water over the top of the door and onto the bathroom floor. The mirror had a major chip in one corner but otherwise everything was up to par. The walls in the room I found were very thin and alot of the noise from your neighboring room is transmitted through the walls which is annoying especially considering that Saint Lucia is like the #1 honeymoon destination in the world (hint hint).

The hotel is right next to a marina on the north and they have their fine dining restaurant to the south so our room (next to the marina) didn't receive much noise at all. The hotel is right on the beach and no room has a long walk to reach it. The pool is smaller than other resorts that I've been to but we weren't there for the pool at all so we didn't mind. The tropical drinks were fabulous but just watch out for the Rum Punch....it packs a wallop.

The grounds are maintained very well and the security is good. All beaches are public so there will be locals on your hotel beach which you might not be used to. Since we went during the low season the beach was pretty much empty which was perfect for us.

The menu at the poolside restaurant wasn't really that good.....it lacks variety and local flare. The restaurant a few feet (Spinnakers) over on the beach was much better.

Room Tip: Since we went during low season, we asked and got an upgrade with barely any effort. Ask and you shall receive.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gwin F
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Thank you for choosing Bay Gardens Beach Resort! We will certainly be sharing your positive comments with our staff in an effort to ensure our high service standards are maintained.

We have also noted the issues stated in your post and would like to assure you that these are being rectified.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home very soon! Thanks again from everyone here at Bay Gardens.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed one week at Bay Gardens Beach resort. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite, which came in handy since we found that food in St. Lucia is quite expensive. So we were able to cook some meals in our room which helped us save lots of money. Our room was only a few minutes away from the beach and faced the pool/jacuzzi. Jacuzzi was very nice--only you needed to tell the people working at the restaurant (Hi-Tide) to turn it on for you. Staff there were friendly and welcoming. Cheryl, the hotel manager was very helpful and gave us some excellent travelling tips (as this was our first time to the island).

Tips: Bring earplugs with you, as the birds calling/chirping every night can get quite loud and annoying. Wifi at the hotel isn't really Wifi. When I asked about how to get onto their connection using my iPhone, they said I couldn't do that. I needed to get a blue cable from them and plug that into my laptop. So that's not really wireless and I wasn't able to use my iPhone, but had to use the hotel internet cafe (there are only 2 computers there though). When paying in US dollars, EC dollars are given back in change. We found it easier to pay in EC since all stores and restaurants will give you different exchange rates. You can exchange US dollars for EC dollars at the local Scotiabank with photo id. Taking the local bus will save you lots in cash, rather than taking taxis. Try the hotel Carribean buffet--it was very good! $33/person and a good spread! The dancing and fire show afterwards was excellent too!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Dar888
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here for the first week of our honeymoon and certainly didn't regret our choice. The staff were very welcoming and as it was our honeymoon they had especially prepared our room for us with flowers and champagne. We had a suite which had more than enough space and was clean and well furnished. We had a beach view as opposed to a pool view and would certainly recommend paying the extra for this (although we couldn't say for sure we expect the pool view rooms to be a little noisy, particulary if we had come peak season). Beach is directly infront of resort and is kept clean and well stocked with sun loungers - in our view Reduit is the best becah on the island. The pool was large and equally well equiped with chairs and loungers. Both restuarants Hi Tide and Trios served excellent food. Tours and car hire can be booked from the lobby. Staff always smiling and helpful. We had a very pleasent experience and would certainly recommend Bay Gardens.

Room Tip: Go for beach view!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple