Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Coco Palm(Gros Islet)
Harmony Suites(Castries)
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)
View Hotel
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
  • Breakfast included
Stephanie's Hotel(Gros Islet)
2,284 results
All reviewshi tiderodney baysea grapesst luciapigeon islandbeach frontsplash islandone bedroom suiterestaurants within walking distancebig chefpool viewsecurity staffrotifull kitchentime sharerum punchbeach vendors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Just got back from our first trip to St. Lucia. I wanted a nice hotel with all the amenities and right on the beach. I checked out the options on SLU on Tripadvisor and thank those who recommended BGBR. The hotel was clean, well appointed and maintained. Nice pool and right on the beach as described. The staff was attentive and friendly, genuinely glad to have us stay with them. The room was spacious and well-appointed, with even an umbrella stashed in the closet if we needed it. We rented a car but quite frankly if all you want to do is relax, enjoy the sun and eat out, you don't need one. Once you've made the long journey (1.5 hours) from Vieux Fort, you can walk from BGBR to plenty of restaurants, bars, shopping and even St. Lucia's only casino. In our travels around the island, I didn't see any hotel that I wished I had chosen over BGBR. I hit it right the first time with The Bucuti Beach Resort in Aruba and again here. Thank you Tripadvisors!

Room Tip: I requested an ocean view, but part of me wished we were on the second floor, as we didn't feel completely comfortable leaving anything on the patio of our ground floor room. Also, I think that all the rooms have at least some kind of pleasant view. Your call.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BeachSeeker2009
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Spent 2 weeks here - room and the grounds are beautiful. Stayed in a one bedroom beachfront suite - very clean and well equipped. The hotel and amenities are good. It is quiet and within walking distance to alot of areas. Beach was really nice. The only thing is that when the cruise ships are in it becomes very busy and the beach is public to everyone even in front of the hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful - they were awesome actually. There is a reason this hotel is well known as one of the best on the island.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank murdavid
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 7 days in February. We had chosen this hotel based on other peoples reviews and how glad we were. The hotel and staff were just fantastic and everything was just as we would have wanted.
We were upgraded on arrival to a 1 bedroom suite overlooking the pool. It was a very nice room with a large lounge area and a big bathroom. There was a small kitchen area off the lounge.
The grounds were well looked after and the overall condition of the hotel was first class. You could walk straight out onto the beach which was just as discribe by other reviewers - a long sandy beach very clean and the bit outside the hotel is raked over every morning. Only downside, was the lack of umbrellas on the beach. This was also an issue round the pool, although we managed to find shade most days.
We didn't eat in the hotel, but used the many restuarants that were within a 15 minute walk.
Overall a lovely hotel and great staff - only wished it was nearer to the main international airport!

Staff were very attentive and probably the friendliest we have encountered anywhere in the caribbean, always stopping to talk to you and asking if there was anything they could do.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ken211
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Beautiful place! The resort does a great job of keeping its guests entertained. They had activities throughout the day and fairly good live music on both Wed. & Sat. nights. The room we stayed in had a really nice view of the ocean as well as the pool. The pool area can get a little loud during the day as this is a family friendly resort and the kids all seem to have a great time. However, the pool view room also allows you to see the night entertainment from the comfort of your own porch. We were not bothered by the sound. I was very impressed by how well housekeeping cleaned the rooms. I’m a little bit of a germ-o-phobe (it drives my husband a bit crazy when it comes to cleanliness sometimes), but I was very comfortable during my whole stay. The only thing that’s not as positive I would mention is the sound insulation in between the rooms. The walls are pretty thin, so you’ll know when your neighbors come back into their room. It wasn’t an issue for us; just a heads up. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ruojiaz
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort recently for a short stay and enjoyed it very much and would definitely stay here again. The room was spacious and clean, as was the bathroom. The shower was large and had good water pressure. The room had a nice balcony, with a partial water view. We didn't have any problem with noise from other rooms or from outside the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is located directly on Reduit Beach, on one end of it. The beach is very pretty and there are plenty of lounge chairs for hotel guests. The pool is large and was very quiet when we were there, and pool area has plenty of lounge chairs as well. There are lots of couches and rocking chairs scattered around the main area of the resort.
We at in the Hi Tide restaurant twice, and the food was fine but nothing special. The setting right on the beach was nice though. There are a number of restaurants in Rodney Bay within walking distance, and the mall is also, though a slightly longer walk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends