My husband and I spent 8 days at the beginning of March in an ocean view suite (Bldg 9). The ocean view is definitely worth it. Not sure I would have liked not having an ocean or pool view. Everyone at this smallish resort is absolutely wonderful. Everything was clean, friendly and just plain easy. Hotel restaurants are good and there are many that are within walking distance so you have a complete variety. The beach is clean and is a perfect place for a long swim (note, the other hotels on this beach, Reduit Beach, look a bit worse for wear but the BGBR is in perfect condition). The charming fruit boat brings you delicious fruit right to the beach and there is a watersport concession that is part of the hotel that will arrange trips and water taxis. Oh, and Miss Mary's bar at the end of the beach has great spiced rum! If you want something-just ask and the hotel staff will know how to get it for you! We especially liked the size and location (and of course the great staff). We had considered an all-inclusive but when we compared the prices this couldn't be beat and we actually had more choices with the restaurants on site and just down the road (all within walking distance). Some folks we met who were staying at all-inclusive resorts complained that their rooms were a hike away from the beach. At BGBR you are just a few steps away! Also, never had a car and didn't miss it.
The hotel has two restaurants, Trios is more upscale and was totally charming. The chef, Beverly, gave us her sweet potato and soup recipes which were a total hit at our recent dinner party. When we asked what one of the vegetables looked like (breadfruit) the server brought one out to our table! Ate at Trios twice and at the outdoor restaurant twice when they had buffets. The other restaurant that was a highlight was La Terrasse, a French Restaurant in town. Make sure you try it.
We have not been to many of the islands but compared to where we've been, including Mexico, St. Lucia stands out for its beauty and really, really nice people. Everyone you meet is friendly and easygoing. Sundays on the beach are especially fun to watch the families and young people relaxing and having a good time. Also, don't miss the Friday Night "Jump Up" in Gross Islet (staff will explain it). It was so much fun and great to see everyone just enjoying themselves. Would have no hesitation to go back to this island and this resort. (By the way, they are part of a vacation club(timeshare) but absolutely are not pushy about it. See Jackie if you are interested. We approached her about it and after thinking that it was not for us she was totally gracious and not overly pushy.
The airport is a long way away (1.5hours)and our taxi picked us up way too early (Barefoot Vacations which we booked online was a bit annoying) but we took a 2 minute cab ride from the airport to an amazing beach where we spent our last couple of hours watching windsurfers etc... and enjoying one last Piton beer! The taxi picked us up and we were off. The end of a perfect vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet