Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Inn(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$130
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
US$274
US$107
Hotel Chez Marie Alish(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$55
Orbitz.com
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
US$116
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
Habitat Terrace(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
US$89
East Winds(Gros Islet)
US$610
US$479
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$530/night.

2,311 results
All reviewshi tiderodney baysea grapesst luciasplash islandpigeon islandbeach frontone bedroom suiterestaurants within walking distancebig chefpool viewsecurity stafffull kitchenrotitime sharerum punchbeach vendors
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Sometimes it's the little things that stands out the most. My family and I just returned from spending a week at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort. We have been to several islands in the Carribbean, and I have to rank our stay here as one of the best we've ever spent at resort Hotel. From the moment we checked in at the front desk, we were greeted warmly by Jackie who attended to our needs and saw that we were taken care of. We had to wait a few minutes for our rooms but it was not a problem. We took 2 rooms connected to each other, separated by a door which was unlocked so our daughters could move freely between both rooms. The kitchen had all of the ammenities, and we had coffee packs replaced daily. We were also provided a roll of paper towel, which was replaced when finished. Let me tell you, not many hotels give you a roll of paper towel for your use, trust me with a 4 yr old it come in handy. They even had large umbrellas in each room, just in case you wanted to go out and it was raining. Rooms were very clean, they even had a nice towel arrangement with flower petals on the bed. Timmothy our bell hope was excellent. The management staff should be very proud of the job he does. They also made it a point to ask us often, if everything was ok.

Room service was excellent, plenty of towels provided. Mary our room attendant did an excellent job, again always pleasant and always had a smile. We had breakfast the next day, choice was good. There were some local dishes along with your regular choice of eggs scrambled, bacon, sausages and potatoes, choice of pineapple, orange and I believe passion fruit juice. All well prepared. Again great customer service, if there was something you need, all you had to do was ask and within a few minutes it was brought to you. There is a supermarket, just a shuttle away. We choose to buy a few items and prepare breakfast and dinner for ourselves for a few days after. The shuttle runs every half hour, but you can also walk .it a short distance maye 20 minutes.

We loved the beach, water was not as clear as some other places we've visited but it was clear enough, it was also calm. It's a public beach so watch out for the loclal vendors peddling their goods, from conch shells, to hats and baskets made from palm leaves and local fruits. A jet ski rental runs about $50.00 US for half an hour. My daughters enjoyed that very much, you als have para sailing, kyaking, bannana boat ride and either snooba, or scouba diving.

We took a day tour of the volcano, the Pitons, the waterfall and an old plantation estate. This was handled through Beatrice at the front desk, what another gem. Very pleasant always smiling, took care of everything. The tour includes lunch and drinks on the catamarang. A bus will pick you up at the front of the hotel very early, so be ready. The only drink you had to purchase was their local beer, also called Piton, on the boat you had a choice of rum punch, either a coke or sprite and rum and coke. After we returned from the day trip they had happy hour. They are not kidding here, it's only an hour, that was a bummer, not like in NY which goes for 2 maybe 3 hrs. Also another down side, what ever drink you order they give you both at the same time, not a very smart idea, especiall if you ordered a strong alcholic drink, and it has ice. By the time you get to the second, the ice has melted and it's basically watered down. There is a regular at this resort, who seems to have 10 jobs.

He calls himself "PRO", he said it's short for professional. We took a liking to him, again, well mannered and very helpful. He's at the resort all day. Anything you want also he will get it for you. I gave him some suggestions about the happy hour. Maybe he will pass it on to the hotel management. Time will tell, if they decided to implement my ideas.

The only negative thing I have to say about this resort is this. First of all folks it's 5 years old, maybe more, so do expect some wear and tear. (1) They need to replace those televisions with flat screen. Those televisions were small and outdated, (2) our couch in the room was a bit on the dingy side, the color showed the dirt, it needs to be replaced or given a good steam clean I would go for replacing, (3) our shower door was missing a handle and everytime you showered, water was all over the floor, the tub also had some cracks. Be very careful when you get out of the pool, the floor can be very slippery. There are signs telling you this. While going to my room, I slipped and fell on the small porch in front of my room. This resulted in a fractured knee, which is now in a cast. We did ask for a mot afterwards,we were told one was going to be placed on the porch, but we never got it. They should also place some skid pads along the pool area. I'm not faulting the hotel for my fall. Accidents do happen.

Finally, my wife also had a complete masage at the spar, which she gave rave reviews, ladies she said you should try it. This resort is also part of a time shear folks, so do expect a sales pitch here. Since we already own a time shear, we graceously declined. Would we visit Bay Gardens again, the answer is deinitely. As a matter of fact we are already planning to do so. This is a great resort, the people of St. Lucia made us feel very welcomed, they are some of the friendliest people in the Caribbean that I have ever met. Hats off to the Bay Garden Beach Resort, you will see us again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Raptor47
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hotel was comfortable and clean. Staff were extremely receptive to my 2 yr old daughter. We all felt treated like if we were treated like queens. We can't wait to return. Good value for money. It was an EXCELLENT vacation

1  Thank Winston B
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a very nice stay here with a 10 + 13 year old. The one bedroom suite was perfect - the fold out in the living room area accomodated them fine. The full kitchen was great. We made a few trips to the local grocery, so it was great to have bottled waters, snacks, and enough to eat a breakfast in our room on the days we had excursions and had to get out early. The pool was very nice - I wish the fountains had been on more frequently. The location is perfect for us - we walked to Rodney Bay Village almost daily to try out the restaurants along the way.

The resort is not luxury, but we didn't go expecting that. It was well kept and we always saw staff cleaning the public spaces. As for food, the Hi-Tide was very average, but we loved Trios and would have eaten there more than once if we hadn't wanted to try out other restaurants.

Some people have mentioned the cats - yes, we saw maybe 5 or 6 resident cats. But again, we knew that would be the case before we got there. We have 2 at home, so it didn't bother us at all. They didn't hover or try to jump in your lap - if they were smarter cats they would have attached themselves to people like us and shared my lounge chair! With the exception of 1 single cat, they tended to shy away if you approached them too closely.

We found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We do wish that the resort would take a "soft sell" approach to their vacation club/timeshare offerings. Let the guests know it is an option to be discussed if interested and leave it that.

The only issue that became tiresome was the locals selling on the beach. I know it is a public beach and the hotel cannot control who is on it, but I do think that the hotel could probably do a better job of working with the locals on their approach to their guests. Literally, we wouldn't even have found a lounge chair before being approached. It was a bit much. We did our part and did buy from a few different people, but there were 2 days I didn't even go on the beach. I went to the pool instead simply to avoid it - I didn't travel that far to not enjoy the beach.

Having said that though, we did enjoy our trip very much and Bay Gardens.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room for better beach and/or pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank i_live_4_vakation
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very nice hotel with excellent facilities and friendly staff! We all had a very good time. The rooms are nice and spacious. The hotel is literally on the Reduit Beach and 5 minutes walk to Rodney Bay area. There was lots of choice at breakfast, which changes daily. We also liked the happy hour and the Carribean Night! All in all a very good experience and we'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Ravin A
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just returned from St Lucia June 25th, and we are already planning our next trip. And we will be staying at the Bay Garden Beach resort. Simply put, EXCELLENT!!

Upon arrival, we were greeted with welcome arms from all of the staff, and offered refreshments.
Cheryl, Jackie ,and Nat, Thank you very much! for all you did for us.

Timothy lugged our bags to our room ( third floor - I did help him), two room suite, and all I can say is amazing! Full kitchen, sitting area and separate bedrooms with bathrooms. Could sleep 8 no problem. And the view, we had ocean front, again AMAZING! The perfect setting. All of the rooms and buildings were excellent.

Restaurants and bar were very good, happy hour 530-630 and the BEST jerk chicken, excellent spicy chicken wrap and a great breakfast buffet we looked forward to every morning. Nothing fancy, but very good, and they even provided "made to order" items when requested ( egg white omelettes), etc. One day we had a sweet craving, and the manager ( sorry I do not recall the name) introduced us to the pastry chef told her we had seen some cupcakes going to a room and was curious what she could make up for us. She had a variety of items for the day, so we chose those cherry cupcakes. Very nice. One other note, one of our room service orders got misplaced, we cancelled order, and the next day Aisha, the server, tracked me down to apologize for the mix up and offered us complimentary drinks for all for the confusion. This was not necessary, but much appreciated. Thanks again.

Location of this hotel is great. Close to a variety of restaurants and a short stroll to the mall, grocery store and more restaurants and bars. We felt very safe, but you can take the shuttle , on the hour, to the market as well. And take advantage of the full kitchen and make light lunches or snacks and save up for dinner.

The beach is excellent for swimming, a nice area along rocks for snorkeling, jet ski rental, hobie cat rental and a dive shop on the beach as well. The good and the bad of the beach is that they are all public so you do encounter quite a bit of beach husslers, but don't feel obligated and a polite and firm NO , no worrries then. But it is also fun to mingle with the locals that do come to the beach, and when we were there, more locals than tourists, which was nice.

Setting up tours is easy with on site tour operator, and Beatrice will take good care of you. I would set up a land tour with Loyds taxi service, highly recommend him and front desk will set this up for you. He will take you where you want, stay as long as you want, etc. The hotel is a Vacation Club/Timeshare opportunity and Nat and Jackie will assist you with your inquiry. Not a hard sell for me, I know we will be looking into this opportunity, thanks Nat.

Well that pretty much sums up our experience, and as you have probably guesses, we would highly recommend this hotel and we will be back .

Thanks to all

Room Tip: The rooms (buildings ) to the north are away from the restaurants. We had rooms 911/912.
2  Thank beachlover6928