2,366 results
All reviews bay gardens hi tide sea grapes st lucia garden view one bedroom suite time share pigeon island splash island beach resort roti security staff water taxi rum punch restaurants within walking distance big chef water sports
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I'm writing this after having read a bad review of the place, which amazes me!! Whilst I'm not doubting the situation they encountered and I am sorry they had a bad experience, our experiences couldn't be further from this.

My husband and I will be returning to St Lucia and Bay Gardens in November for the third time in as many years...After first going in November 2009 for our honeymoon. We have found the hotel staff extremely welcoming and friendly. The first thing we were told at our first (of many) trip to the beach bar was 'this is paradise, you can have anything you want' (I had asked for a weak rum & coke) and I have to tell you, he wasn't wrong. It really is paradise, everyone on the island made us feel so welcome and we made friends with lots of people that we still talk to, to this day. I can't wait to go back to Bay Gardens Beach Resort and relax back into that time zone where nothing is rushed and you find true peace and happiness in your heart.

Room tip: If you can afford it, get a room with a beach view - it is absolutely stunning!
Date of stay: November 2011
2  Thank Jo H
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were volunteering in Viex Fort on the weekdays. One weekend we drove up to Rodney Bay and stayed here. I drove to the front of the hotel and unloaded the bags then told to move my car to the other car park, but it wasn't fair. The lady checking us in gave us a great deal. It was a nice/clean room but dated. We didn't eat here, but the spa was great as was the beach. It was a nice walk to the shops and bars.

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank jamesjegen
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I chose Bay Gardens for our honeymoon and it turned out to be a great choice. The resort is perfectly located in a safe, lively part of the island. We went on a few excursions to the Pitons, mud baths, botanical gardens, snorkelling, mountain Segway trails etc which were all lots of fun and highly recommended. The resort is well maintained and situated a stones throw from the beach which is kept beautifully clean and has all the usual water sports on offer. The rooms are large, comfortable and equipped with a tv and fridge. We stayed on a half board basis which was great. There was always plenty of choice for breakfast and dinner and the food was good. If you wanted snacks during the day, there was a lovely lady called Elizabeth who sold homemade roti (a mild curry wrapped up in a flatbread) and cakes on the beach. She is always in demand and will be opening a restaurant this Autumn called Guylucian so look out for her! There are also plenty of local restaurants and bars. The shopping mall is a 20 minute walk away and has souvenir shops, a chemist, fast food restaurants and a couple of supermarkets which is handy as you can stock up on drinks for your fridge back at the resort. We didn't use the bus service because we either stayed locally or travelled on an organised excursion. We took a few taxis which seemed reasonably priced. Take a good insect repellent with you! The mosquitoes and sandflies are a pain and I ended up with a few bothersome bites. However, the housekeeping service at the resort were great at spraying our room to keep them at bay. The staff at Bay Gardens are brilliant. They really make a big effort to ensure that you are comfortable and well looked after. Nothing was too much trouble and we were always greeted with a friendly face. If you choose Bay Gardens you won't be disappointed!

Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank Elaine94
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We would like to share our wonderful experience at the Bay Gardens Resort with everyone. Personal thanks to Ms Cheryl Gustave Executive Assistant Manager/Front Office Manager and her staff for their professionalism and service that was provided during our stay. The accommodations where first class, the suite was spacious, clean and comfortable. The resort was exactly as advertised, the landscaping and grounds are beautiful surrounding the pool. The beach was just steps away from the hotel with a breath taking view of the Carribean Sea where we could view the spectacular sunset each night. The restaurant had a friendly atmosphere, and staff that made each dining experience memorable and fun. Ms Cheryl's attention to detail, her warm personality was mirrored by the entire staff. We would highly recommend Bay Gardens Resort for business meetings, family vacation and couples romantic get aways.

Room tip: Beach front rooms have easy access.
Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Previously stayed at their Hotel a couple of years ago and had a good experience so decided to upgrade and take the family to the resort.
The resort was picturesque (just like the website), the pool, bar and beach were all just a few feet away from our room. The two rooms we had were nicely decorated and very clean, but a few things were broken, when we listed them to reception they were fixed within the hour.
The pool is fantastic for the kids, they even provide water toys. The staff are mostly friendly and very informative. The other minority staff should be shown the door, too much attitude and they just couldn't careless. I slipped and fell leaving breakfast one morning because the gardener didn't put the 'wet floor' sign on display. The management were extremely apologetic and asked repeatedly if i was ok and if there was anything they could do. Despite this I would book again. Its conveniently located in Rodney Bay reasonably priced, you get a warm welcome, the Wednesday entertainment at the manager's cocktail party was hilarious and fun and there is visible security at nights.

Room tip: Deluxe Pool View...Any floor.
Date of stay: August 2012